2016 Summer Games SIGNUP

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! 2016 Summer Games SIGNUP

This topic contains 51 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gangstahwezel gangstahwezel 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of gangstahwezel
    gangstahwezel

The Summer games are about a week away and we are sweatin’ to do some Minecraft sports.

To figure out who is going to participate in which event, we want everyone that is going to participate to sign up.

Everyone will participate in the Gauntlet event and hopefully one other event. If we end up with lots of people, we will prioritize people that have built and helped during the build.

To sign up post the 3 events that you would like to participate in, for example:
    Team -mods-
    1. Gliding
    2. Deathball
    3. Horse riding

These are the events that will be played with a short description:
    – Spleef – five teams of 4, free for all. 1 round, last one standing wins, last two to fall get place 2 and 3.
    – Gauntlet – Everyone that wants to play it. First 3 to get to the end get the medals. If it ends up taking too long, the furthest three will get the medals.
    – Wallclimbing – 1 person per team, first three to place their banner get the medals. (no auto-jump or elytra)
    – Swimming – 1 person per team (excluding mod team), 4 laps/lanes(?). speaks for itself
    – Running – 1 person per team. 2 laps, probably.
    – Survival – 2 people per team free for all. Last man standing wins, last two to die get place 2 and 3.
    – Digging – 1 person per team, it’s not just about digging down. You will get points for the ores you mine on the way, but make sure to not take too long, because the first one down will get 20 extra points, the second down 15 points, etc.
    – Building – 2 people per team, 10 minutes time, builds to be themed after previous build challenges. Judged by Fraser and crew.
    – Gliding – 2 people (possibly 1) per team, everyone gets a practice round. After that people will fly one by one, they will be timed and get points per ring they go through and landing on the marker (extra point if you land on the red dot).
    – Boating – 1 person per team. first three to the end get the medals, speaks for itself.
    – Horse riding – 1 person per team, 2 laps. first three get the medals.
    – Deathball (arrow dodgeball with a twist) – 4 people per team, excluding mod team. Timed, points awarded for kills and TnT detonated. 3 rounds, winners from the first fights, fight each other for first place.
    – Pig racing – 1 person per team. 1 lap, first three over the finish line get the medals.
    – Fighting – 2 people per team. Eliminations, if you lose, you’re out. If you win you move on.
    (we will have a turbo stick showcase during the opening ceremony)

And last, FATE_creator made some uniforms that you could use, just gotta overlay it over your own skin.

Here is the WIP roster for the Summer Games. The order the events are in will be the order for the show. Backup positions are shown for players picking an event already taken, if you wish to change events, please post in the thread. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of gangstahwezel gangstahwezel.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Martin Ellis . Reason: Added google doc roster
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of gangstahwezel gangstahwezel.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of misterdarren
    misterdarren

This is Misterdarren representing team Dkwanda!

Sign me up for Piģ Racing, Death Ball and the Swimsuit competition! What? No swimsuit competition? Zounds! I shaved my legs for nothing!

Profile photo of Jesslb429
    Jesslb429

Jessbl429 for team Becky!

I would like to sign up for the following

1. Digging
    2. Running
    3. Deathball

EDIT:
    I’m sure you guys already have this plan in place, but feel free to give someone my second and third choices if they want to participate. I feel so guilty looking at the roster, but I’m sure if space runs out or someone really wants to compete in something, you have it handled. :) Just wanted to edit this to soothe my conscience and make sure that everyone who wants a spot, gets a spot. I’d be perfectly happy just participating in Digging and the Gauntlet!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jesslb429 Jesslb429. Reason: Guilt
    Profile photo of FATE Creator
    FATECreator

I’m only interested in two events actually, (Representing Team Beck Beck!)

1. Gliding

2. Horseriding

3. Fill me in for anything if we need an extra person for an event (Which I don’t think we will need.)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of FATE Creator FATECreator.
    Profile photo of 5two
    5two

-Team Ben-
    1.Horse Riding
    2.Pig Racing
    3.Digging

Profile photo of booshfan3
    booshfan3

-Team Kyle-

1. Wallclimbing
    2. Digging
    3. Survival

Would also like to participate in Gauntlet since its open for everyone.
    I’m so excited for these summer games. =D

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of booshfan3 booshfan3. Reason: Changed number 3 to Survival

Team: Ben who?
    Spleef
    Building
    Boatin’

Profile photo of jimbojj26
    jimbojj26

Team Deacon!
    1. Spleef
    2. Building
    3. Survival

Profile photo of MikeCraft3D
    MikeCraft3D

Team -Kyle-

1. Gliding
    2. Boating
    3. Fighting

Team Becky!

1. Building
    2. Swimming
    3. Boating

EDIT: If Gauntlet’s open to everyone to try, I’d like to throw my hat in the ring for that as well.

Team Becky!

1. Survival
    2. Deathball
    3. Wall Climbing

Also want to run the Gauntlet if it’s open to everyone.

Profile photo of Ashcraft
    ashcraft

Team Kyle!

1. Spleef
    2. Swimming
    3. Wall Climbing

EDIT:

1. Spleef
    2. Building
    3. Wall Climbing

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Ashcraft ashcraft.
    Profile photo of DemyxTheCat
    DemyxTheCat

Team Ben

1.Digging
    2.Running
    3.Spleef

Also mc username is Samthecax

Team Kyle

1.Deathball
    2.Sleef
    3.Pig Racing

Profile photo of Cheesey126
    Cheesey126

Hey there, signing up for Team Ben.

1. Survival
    2. Spleef
    3. Boating

Profile photo of Satekroket
    satekroket

Reppin’ Team Becky

1. Wallclimbing
    2. Building
    3. Boating

And if gauntlet is open to everyone, I wouldn’t mind participating in that event too! :)

Profile photo of Simulacrae
    simulacrae

Team Deac Deac, Simulacrae here,

Love to participate in

1. Building
    2. Survival
    3. Deathball

Thank you!

-Team Deacon-
    1. Fighting
    2. Boatin’
    3. Deathball

Profile photo of MrBlow
    MrBlow

-Team Becky-

Mr.Blow

1. Wall Climbing

2. Pig Racing

3. Boatin’ or Gliding

The gauntlet for everyone as well! And any spot that you need to fill i will be willing of course!!!

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of MrBlow .
    Profile photo of KinFoxGlove
    KinFoxGlove

-Team Becky-
    1. Fighting
    2. Survival
    3. Spleef

I didn’t know it was only turbo. I’m kind of new to this show :P so just ignore this one

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of KinFoxGlove KinFoxGlove. Reason: not a turbo
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of KinFoxGlove KinFoxGlove.
    Profile photo of Urban Banner
    UrbanBanner

First a question: Are the events going to be presented in that order in the show? I could participate at the beginning of the show, but feel uncertain if I can be present till the end, so it would be helpful to know, at least a preliminary, order for the events.

@mellisbaker Thanks!

I’ll join Team Kyle in:
    – Running
    – Swimming
    And if there is a chance for a rain check, I am at least interested in DeathBall.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Urban Banner .
    Profile photo of Martin Ellis
    mellisbaker

@urbanbanner No, this is not the order of events in the show, we will post about the event list later after we do time trials.

EDIT: Event list and roster added to opening thread.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Martin Ellis .
    Profile photo of MrB
    MisterB

-Team Kyle-
    1. Spleef
    2. Survival
    3. Deathball

I would also like to throw myself into the gauntlet

FATECreator

So I’ve compiled a quick list of openings still available for anyone who hasn’t signed up yet:

Team Becky: 2 Openings for Mellis’s Deathball, 2 Openings for Fighting, 1 Opening for Survival, and 4 Openings for Spleef.

Team Deacon: 1 Opening for Running, Wallclimbing, Digging, and Deathball, 2 Openings for Gliding, 1 Opening for Fighting, 1 Opening for Horse Riding, and 3 Openings for Spleef.

Team Ben: 1 Opening for Wall climbing, Swimming, 4 Openings for Deathball, 2 Openings for Gliding, 2 Openings for Fighting, 1 Opening for building, 1 Opening for Survival, and 1 Opening for Spleef.

Team Kyle: 1 Opening for Deathball, Gliding, Fighting, Building, Horse Riding, and Spleef

Team Mods: 1 Opening for Boating, Pig Racing, and Gliding, 2 Openings for Fighting, 1 Opening for Building, and 3 Openings for Spleef.

From the current Status Team Kyle has the most positions taken care of while we’re gonna need quite a few people for everything else. Fortunately we’ve got plenty of time left for people to sign up.

Profile photo of gangstahwezel
    gangstahwezel

Or you can just look at the doc

Profile photo of xcookiebabex
    xcookiebabex

Team Becky

1. spleef
    2.deathball
    3.surival

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of xcookiebabex .
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of xcookiebabex .
    Profile photo of xcookiebabex
    xcookiebabex

actually I take
    spleef and deathball if possible for team becky

FATECreator

@gangstahwezel I just wanted to simplify it for folks, despite the fact that the document is just a click away.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of FATE Creator FATECreator.
    Profile photo of Bakerino98
    Bakerino98

Please sign me up for team Ben

1. Spleef
    2. Swimmng
    3. Fighting

Profile photo of LilywhiteFFS
    lilywhiteffs

I would like to sign up for if it’s still possible
    Please
    1.deathball
    2.Gliding
    3.fighting

Team kyle please

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of LilywhiteFFS lilywhiteffs.
    Profile photo of Groovy
    Groovy

team Ben!

im fine with doing anyhting really

1. pig racing
    2. fighting
    3. digging

thanks!

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘2016 Summer Games SIGNUP’ is closed to new replies.