Hyrule Warriors

Home Forums Video Gaming! Hyrule Warriors

This topic contains 336 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

So, anyone seen the website for the japan one.
    http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/index.html
    It also shows that two new playable characters been added. And there 4 new player trailers atm too. This game looking better and better with each new update of it I see.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 336 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of Profnix
    Profnix

I agree @tjgalon. I don’t know why people hate on this game so much. It looks very impressive and promising. It takes bits and pieces from almost every Zelda game. This is a great game to play during your anticipation for Zelda U!

Profile photo of BluHawk007
    bluehawk007

The only thing I hate about this game so far is that they made up an original character, Lana (blue haired girl), as a player character instead of just adapting more actual Zelda characters. I was hoping she would be Nayru. :(

(Also the lack of Groose and/or Skull Kid is disturbing. Although, one of the major moves is bringing the moon down so I guess that kinda counts Skull Kid out…)

I also hope we can play as the villains in a freeplay mode or something like that.

Profile photo of SkittleE
    SkittleE

The stuff shown at E3 got me more hyped for the game than I thought I’d ever be. It just looks like a ton of fun. (Plus, Zelda’s design is fucking AWESOME.)

Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again.

<3 Agitha!! <3 (oh and some blue haired chick I don’t know)

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

@profnix , I think the hate coming from people saying this is not tradition Zelda game style, when it nevr trying to be, and even saying it was not. Zelda U, still in the work for next year, an this is a fun idea, using charcter a lot of us enjoy.
    I guess from what I hear, Lana supposed to be created for Hyrule Warrior as a sorta person t help explain what going on, and be a sorta of opposite to that female dark witch. I am hoping for Groose to be playable though, that would be fun. Though I am also a fan of Agatha, so I am happy for her too.
    @gingy She is supposed to be Lana the White Witch, or good witch.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon.
    Profile photo of Evanatt
    Evanatt

I’ve seen someone online pointing out that the two new villains have visual traits from the poe and volvagia designs, so could there be a similar thing going on with this Lana character? Only thing thinking atm is a humanoid Navi or Fi inspired perhaps with the light blue hair and diamond shape in hair? Otherwise I have no real good suggestion what she could be inspired from? XD.
    Heard some saying it could be a nayru inspired with the name lana as in lanayru (place name), but who knows?.

Also yay Zant!

Profile photo of 1MeenGreenie
    1meengreenie

A lot of people hated on Pokemon Conquest, another crossover game, when it was still barely announced, and in the end a whole lot of fans of the series ended up liking it. I think Hyrule Warriors will end up the same way: it gets a lot of dislike and uneasiness right now, but when it hits the shelves, people will enjoy it and talk about how much fun it is.

I personally like the lineup of playable characters so far. Needs more Groose, though. \o/

Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

Wait…what?

How could anyone hate Pokemon Conquest to begin with? That premise sounded like it was made out of awesome the moment you heard about it!

I swear, people do not know what they want until they see it in front of their faces.

Profile photo of Profnix
    Profnix

@tjgalon The biggest complaint I come across on the internet is not the fact that it isn’t a traditional Zelda game, but the fact that Nintendo is supposedly wasting time, effort, money and resources. People say that we would have had Zelda U this holiday season if Nintendo never worked on Wind Waker HD and Hyrule Warriors. I think that that’s complete BS, though.

And I also agree with @gingy and @1meengreenie. Give it a chance, then decide if you like it or not.

bluehawk007

Zelda games typically take 5 or more years to make and it’s only been 3 years since Skyward Sword, not too mention that this is being made by a different company anyways…

Yeah, this isn’t delaying Zelda U at all and it certainly wouldn’t be out by the end of this year if Hyrule Warriors was canned.

Profile photo of 1MeenGreenie
    1meengreenie

@gingy The main problem a lot of folks had was the fact they were combining Pokemon with a franchise fairly unheard of overseas (I know a few of the games came out in North America, though). Unlike Hyrule Warriors, the cast consisted of mainly Nobunaga’s Ambition characters instead of Pokemon ones, so fans of Pokemon weren’t really wanting to accept the mashup of games. It also, expectedly, was met with the same accusations and complaints Hyrule Warriors is being met with: “wasting resources on this when they could be working on a main series game,” “I was expecting them to announce an actual Pokemon game,” etc. Some fans were excited for the game right from the start, but most were either “eh” or not interested. Once the game was actually released, people started saying “Wow this game is really fun, you should try it!” and fans started picking the game up and giving it a go, making them like it and tell their friends, etc.

The more open-minded parts of the fandom were interested in the game from the beginning, but many others had to be convinced that the game wasn’t as bad as they thought. I know my regular Pokemon hangouts were on the fence about the game and then they ended up loving it.

Profile photo of Mo'kri
    Mokri

Ah I will play the shit out of this game, especially because it features offline multiplayer.

Profile photo of Vanquish123
    Vanquish123

Here’s a new trailer for Hyrule Warriors with the new OC, Lana.

COMMENCING HYPE!!

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

She really a kick ass character. I think I love the spell that forms a wall and pushes them away.

bluehawk007

I have watched the trailer tons of times now and I still just don’t like her. As character on her own, shes fine. But she doesn’t look or feel like a Zelda character…AT ALL. She just feels like a generic anime character. I don’t mind these types being in the game (I don’t mind Chia…or Shia. However you spell it.) but why the heck does she have to take the spot of a player character? Theres only gonna be 9 playable characters as it is…

And, even if there were more than 9, she still doesn’t fit in. Sigh.

Eh to be honest she’s as much as of a not-zelda character to me as Ghirahim is. So at this point I don’t really mind.

Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

How does Ghirahim not fit? He was a major antagonist in Skyward Sword. Now looking at that trailer, it looks like she has a voice. Will this game have much voice acting I wonder?

When are they going to reveal Agatha and more Midna gameplay I wonder?

bluehawk007

Girahim does look like a Zelda character though. He has a bunch of the shapes/symbols that are usually found on Zelda characters like triangles for example. The other reason I think hes fine is because main Zelda characters often look kinda…well, weird. Or at least have a very defining look on them. She just looks…bland, like I’ve seen her a dozen times before. Shes really the odd one out of the bunch.

Agitha on the other hand looks very much like a Zelda character.

Oh, @gingy there was a BUNCH of raw Midna footage during the Treehouse streams. You can probably find it on Nintendo’s YouTube channel.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of BluHawk007 bluehawk007.
    Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

Oh I saw quite a few.

Can you blame me for wanting to see more Midna? Still, I’m mostly interested in Agatha more than anything else. Girls in real life should have pigtails more often, no?

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

I agree, pigtails are nice, hehe.

What is it about Lana don’t you like? She colorful, cute, and her battle moves look good.

bluehawk007

Like I said previously, she doesn’t fit in with the other characters at all. Shes a generic looking anime girl and doesn’t fit in with any of the other characters. She doesn’t feel like a Zelda character and, more importantly, shes taking up a playable space in a game where you’re supposed to be able to play as your favorite Zelda characters.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Well, it makes sense in a new Zelda game, to have new characters for that game too. She a lot like many character you meet in a handheld Zelda game, or even say Windwaker, as for generic anime character, not sure that a fair way of saying it. I guess not everyone going to like, even who been cast so far too that already been in Zelda’s games.

Profile photo of Evanatt
    Evanatt

I can see what @bluehawk007 is meaning with typical “anime girl, with the “haha peace sign kawaii attitude” XD.
    It can be a good thing or a bad thing, all depending if you like this sort of things or not.

Vanquish123

I actually understand what @bluehawk007 is talking about when he says that Lana doesn’t fit in with the rest of the cast. She DOES seem like your typical anime character, and I understand why you wouldn’t like it. The fact that she reminds me of Hatsune Miku doesn’t really help either. Nonetheless, I’m not against adding a character like this to the cast, and her gameplay trailer makes me excited to play as her.

Can I also just say how happy I am to see this many female characters in this game? Dynasty Warriors itself is made up of about 80% men, but Hyrule Warriors is REALLY bringing in a great cast of playable female characters. XD

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

If what they say hold true, there should be a few male charcter comming now too, and I bet at least one will be original like Lana is too.

bluehawk007

I’m just waiting on Groose. :3

Profile photo of Popo
    captainpopo

I want Hero Shade and Fierce Deity….and uhm…isn’t…L-Link…an anime stereotype…

And i’m gone!

Vanquish123

@captainpopo
    Link is a silent protagonist, and even then, he’s pretty much devoid of a personality. So, no, I don’t think so.

bluehawk007

@captainpopo
    Eh, honestly the only way I can agree hes generic anime is in the fact that he is always just thrust in (for the most part) to his journey. I think that is partly why I really like Toon Link, he decided to go on an adventure by himself.

To be honest, he just doesn’t look the part of what I’d call generic anime. Heres what I’d consider on the generic anime side of things (oh god, I’m gonna get SMASHED for saying this, aren’t I?):

The above Link is not. xD

(No, I haven’t played Persona. I’ve watched my friend a lot though and I’m willing to try.)

Anyways, I don’t want to come off as if I just hate all generic anime characters, because I don’t. Lana just doesn’t fit in and I hate that she takes up a player spot. T.T
    I mean, what is she even based on? At least with the villain OCs they’re clearly based on existing villains and are acting as different forms of them. Now, Cia on the other hand…I got nothing.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Lana and Cia are original for Hyrule warrior. Not everything needs to be from the games we know. The bad guys have at least 4 original plus Zant, which we know, Gannon as teased most likely, and we do not know who else yet.

Also Lana is a white sorceress which is supposed to be some kind of history with Cia the dark witch. There also that red thing she has in her hair that matches Cia too, so it could be she supposed to help guard what ever Cia was.

I respect your opinion to dislike the character, I do find it a little unfair to also hate her on taking up a slot.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 336 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.