Live from Japan?

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Live from Japan?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LikkiCurry LikkiCurry 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Wow, so Fraser and Becky are going off to Japan, for a Friday show, anyone aware of anything that might be happening then?

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of Aughts
    aughts
    Keymaster

i heard they were covering the japanese opening of wish i was here, the latest zach braff offering

zach braff is big in japan

probably

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Interesting, I do not think I heard of that till now.

Profile photo of jsc315
    jsc315

My guess, Fraser has become the new Ambassador of Japan!

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Well that is at least believable, isc315 .

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon.
    Profile photo of kkslider555
    kkslider555

Random, but ok!

I have some crazy ideas of what it could be but I know they wouldn’t be true. Probably just From Software or Platinum or someone showing off a thing.

Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

It’s hard to say, like with Rovio and Finland it could be something that VGA never typically covres, but hey, a free trip to Japan why not?

I was kind of hoping they would do something for the Oculus VR conference on Saturday, but I can see why they chose a trip to Japan over streaming a single conference.

While none of us know what his reasoning is yet, we can make an assumption that it’ll be something super big. According to the video, this whole thing was organized yesterday. For Fraser to jump on a plane for a few days just a week before E3, I’m sure this will be really big deal! Really looking forward to Friday, now!

Profile photo of jsc315
    jsc315

I tried to find any big game events in Japan that are happening then, but came up with nothing. Tokyo Game Show is in September. So I have no clue.

Profile photo of weckar
    weckar

The hype – it is real.

Profile photo of pixi4688
    pixi4688

Someone in the YouTube comments said it might have to do with the game Bloodstained maybe its to do with that really hope they vlog a lot of there trip I love watching japan vlogs and would be so awesome to see my two favorite internet people experiencing Japan for the first time.

Profile photo of Saniala
    saniala

Maybe Rovio has a branch in Japan.

Profile photo of Royal Zoo
    JT-Lionheart

Nintendo is gonna hold a stern meeting with Frash about the adult content he provides during streams for Nintendo games. They definitely are gonna bring up the “Urethra” debacle that has caused a outrage within their corporate infrastructure and loss of sales for Animal Crossing New Leaf. As well as pointing out the adult content exposure made to Becky’s niece with the copy of Animal Crossing. Frash and Becky might be in some big doo doo here.

Profile photo of Raggedstar
    Raggedstar

I’m sure this is some elaborate shindig from SWERY looking for people to hang out with lol.

Profile photo of Apoc
    apoc

Possibly Bloodstained but I like to think it is because of the success of the Patreon and Square-Enix are flying Fraser for his Sora cosplay Kingdom Hearts Show.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

I think this is a vacation disguise as work for a turbo tax right off.

Bloodstained?

Nintendo?

A mix of both?

Hopefully.

Profile photo of vgcountdown
    vgcountdown

Here’s a list of the Game devs in Japan:
    http://www.gamedevmap.com/index.php?query=japan&Submit=Search

I know they are flying into Tokyo, but most planes fly in to Japan via Tokyo, so that doesn’t give us much to narrow down the list.

Clearly Tamsoft have flown them out to show off their boob exercise simulator.

Profile photo of syretha
    syretha

@aughts
    #BringBackScrubs

Profile photo of Apoc
    apoc

It’s confirmed!

Fangamer and IGA are the best!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1259255

Not sure if the link is backer only but in short: Fraser and Becky will host a Stream for the end of the Bloodstained Kickstarter.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Apoc apoc.
    Profile photo of dragonmastr
    dragonmastr

@apoc you beat me to it!

Profile photo of Aughts
    aughts
    Keymaster

zach braff’s gonna be so disappointed

Profile photo of Swordsman
    yong

I got the news via a backer update email. Wish I could watch the stream but I have work! Nuuuuu!!!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Swordsman .
    Profile photo of Eagler
    Eagler

Just upped my Bloodstained pledge because of this.

Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

Can’t say Bloodstained is on my radar, just not my sort of game, but this is a pretty big deal for VGA to be indirectly working with Igarashi and hosting a live stream with a potentially huge group that were not previously aware of VGA. I could see this leading to a huge increase in the amount of viewers in a pretty short period. Seems like a very worthwhile business trip for the future of VGA, and getting a free chance to go to Japan and meet some fans isn’t too bad either.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

I guess we might want to be ready to say hi to some new brother and sisters.

Profile photo of FATE Creator
    FATECreator

You guys, get this: So I was checking my email and…oh wait, you guys already know about where those two are headed…Huh…Um, I was never here! (Throws smoke bomb and disappears into a puff of smoke.)

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

@fatecreator that door a push not a pull, next time know that when you want to escape quickly.

While I can’t do anything to help the kickstarter now, it will hopefully still be on my radar when it finally finish.

Fraser and Becky must feel so honored, to have been given the blessing to host the stream-ending campaign. I honestly see no one better to do the job.

Profile photo of MoT
    mooot

Odd though that they picked VGA, since neither one of the hosts have played any old Castlevania. iirc

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.