Minecraft AWESOME! Server Rules.

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Minecraft AWESOME! Server Rules.

This topic contains 46 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sven85 Sven85 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Because there have been some requests for it, I’m moving the rules topic from the old forums to here. Any mods, feel free to edit this as you wish.

-Notice- If you have been banned from two of our communities, we reserve the right to ban you from all communities.

Rule 1: Don’t bug Fraser. Seriously. Don’t. Let me remind you that he is god. He throws around lightning and fire and doesn’t care how much stuff you had on you. And despite being god, sometimes he just wants to log on and have some fun. So give the guy some space and let him do his thing. This rule also applies to the rest of the crew (Becky, Ben, Deacon and Kyle). Let them mine in peace, guys. And stay away from their island.

Rule 2: Ask Google before asking the mods. This is going to be as depressing as when you learned that your parents didn’t have all of the answers, but the mods don’t know everything and they have better things to do than answer every single question. You’re going to get much quicker and more concise answers from Google. Alternately, try here for FAQ server related questions.

Rule 3: If its not yours, don’t alter it, take it or destroy it. Don’t look in chests of others. You leave your fingerprints ALL over any chest you open. PLEASE do not free, shear, or kill someone else’s fenced in animals, or harvest crops, without asking permission first. We WILL ban you if you kill another person’s crops or livestock on the server without their permission.

Rule 4: Don’t be a dick and don’t harass others. Keep chat PG-13. If you’re being rude and unpleasant, we don’t want you around. If someone tells you to leave them alone, leave them alone because we do not tolerate harassment and user abuse. We understand that when you have a stack of diamonds and you get pushed into lava by flowing water while running away from a creeper, it’s cussing time. But try and keep the stuff to a minimum.

Rule 5: Don’t alter challenge builds after their air date. The build challenges are wonderful pieces of work as they are, and changing things only detracts from them. And no pillaging. The blocks have more inherent worth where they are than they could ever have on their own. Altering the Hub (this includes the decorative trees) makes mods cranky. Making us cranky is a Bad Plan.

Rule 6: Repair the holes caused by creepers pursuing you. No one wants to fall down craters every time they walk around. You made the creeper mad and decided to give him a hug to make him feel better. He’s your responsibility, and just like your first pet, it’s your job to clean up his mess.

Rule 7: You are responsible for any actions taken under your account. That includes, but is not limited to, griefing, murder, theft, ect. We WILL NOT take the excuse, “But I let my friend borrow my account.” Tough. See the post “‘friends’ are the worst griefers” for a hundred more reasons why it is a terrible idea to let someone onto your account.

Rule 8: Don’t build or alter the land within 500 blocks of another build with out asking, especially the Portal Hub (if we can see your build from the Hub, it’s WAY too close). Communities need space to grow and you have no way of knowing whether a solo build is going to change from one castle to an exact replica of an entire province in Japan. So keep your distance or check with ALL neighboring residents before setting up shop. This includes any roadways/railways/transport systems you may be inclined to build. An easy way to ensure you’re not crowding someone is to look at the server map.

Rule 9: Don’t spam the chat. If no one answers you, wait a bit before asking again. If no one answered it’s probably because no one knows the answer. So you can either wait for another batch of users to come online and ask them, or go to your trusted friend Google and hope they have the answers you need. Dying repeatedly (or being killed repeatedly by your buddy) for funsies counts as spam. If you’re dying because you’re trying to get your stuff back from a pit of zombies, that’s fine, but if the chat window is full of your battles with herobrine, you’re going overboard.

Rule 10: Don’t look for loopholes in the rules. Most of our rules are broad enough to cover a lot of stuff. We do not want to hear “But I wasn’t being a dick, I was just arguing!” or “I just replaced all this users lapis blocks with blue wool, that’s not REALLY altering their build.”

Rule 11: No game-changing mods allowed on server. No flying, no x-ray, no nonsense. Play vanilla. Map mods are okay as long as they do not help you find ores and mats anymore than our server map can. Mods like convenient inventory and Improved Chat are also fine. If you have a questions about whether a mod is okay, please do ask as we have very little tolerance for mods and it’s better to ask than to find yourself banned.

Rule 12: Do not build structures that:
    – Force a spawner to create more mobs than it normally would
    – Funnel mobs to a space where they will start glitching into the walls and ceiling
    – Automatically kill mobs systematically
    Those can cause client and server side lag by, for example, making entities glitch out or creating a lot of items on the floor. We also feel like they take the challenge out of the game. Normal traps and defenses are not affected by this, nor are ”danger rooms”, this is about systematically exploiting the game’s mechanics.

Rule 13: Nether Fortresses and spawners in the nether belong to the VGA Community as a whole, therefore we ask that you not destroy one if you come across one. You can now craft nether bricks, so you don’t need to take them from the fortresses.

Rule 14: Do not make large builds in the nether. It’s too small to enforce a 500 block radius, so it will be much more like spawn city in terms of how you should space out and not bother other people with your structures.

If you have questions about any of those rules or are not sure if something you’re doing is in line with them please ask a moderator in private or publicly in the Q&A thread.

Many thanks to ItsWhyWeGame for typing all that up the first time. Also, thanks to AzurillKirby for the next idea.

The Mods on this server (We have a green [MOD] tag next to our names) are: Isophist, MellisBaker, Bonefoot, Aughts, CasualRuffian, CliffJameston, Aqws3, MrChrisMad, KShade, Nulani, RetroMike, Ryuuza, SilentWindODoom, MikeyMcMuffin, and Cogswell_Chris.

The Helpers on this server (We have a Blue [HELP] tag next to our names) are: Acevil, Dragriff, EnterMEUN, Euske, Segwo, Fiffles and Psepha

Two extra things to note(Once again, thank you to AzurillKirby):

Griefing is defined as: destruction of any part of a build of a different user without permission, stealing items from a user, killing a user’s pets/farm animals, building within a build of a different user without permission, or building too close to a build of another user without permission.

If a mod asks you to do or not do something, you need to obey said mod, even if what they told you to do/not do is not something on the list of rules. This also applies for helpers acting on behalf of a mod.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added a section about farm animals to Rule 3
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added another section to Rule 2 for alternate Mod contact info
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Fixed HTML in Rule 2
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: Added Rule 13
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of casualruffian casualruffian. Reason: Updated to reflect new /rules edits
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added 2 Strikes Rule
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of casualruffian casualruffian. Reason: Added the crew to rule 1
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Martin Ellis . Reason: adjusted mods/coms listed
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: Revised rule 12
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: s/Cause/Force/
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of casualruffian casualruffian. Reason: expanding on rule 8 as apparently it wasn't obvious enough as stated
    • This topic was modified 4 years ago by Profile photo of Duncan325 Duncan325. Reason: Added Helpers
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: Added rule 13 and 14 from http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/mod-report-week-64-year-2-week-12/
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Removed random em tag, fixed help color, edited Mod list
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cogswell_chris cogswell_chris.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of azurillkirby
    azurillkirby

We probably should delete the “Need-to-know Minecraft Facts!” thread and just use this here for that.
    I do also think that the facts at the bottom should be numbered if we add more of them.

Profile photo of cholyerlow2
    cholyerlow2

Maybe a “suggested conduct” thread is needed. I say this because I think it needs to be mentioned that people shouldn’t place blocks by fences to try to get out of sheep pens if they are stuck inside. I found nearly all of my sheep escaped because somebody placed a dirt block to get out.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of cholyerlow2 cholyerlow2.
    Profile photo of BluHawk007
    bluehawk007

What if I have a singleplayer only mod like Pokemobs or Talesofkingdoms for example. Do I have to unistall my mods or just keep a fresh jar in my files for when i want to play?

bluehawk007:
    What if I have a singleplayer only mod like Pokemobs or Talesofkingdoms for example. Do I have to unistall my mods or just keep a fresh jar in my files for when i want to play?

Those mods are only effective on the client side, and we would have to have their server versions installed on our server for them to have any effect on this server. So, feel free to keep them installed.

Profile photo of acethe5th
    acethe5th

Singleplayer mods shouldn’t effect multiplayer….Just remove them if they cause problems.

Profile photo of ZachYahooXD
    yahooxd

Last time I ever got on the server, a message saying “Mod Report 4 is off!” came up on the chat, and the game froze (if not closed off completely) five seconds later. However, I’m not using any mods. I don’t know if it’s a glitch in the server or the fact that I’m using Windows 7. Help?

Profile photo of casualruffian
    casualruffian

yahooxd:
    Last time I ever got on the server, a message saying “Mod Report 4 is off!” came up on the chat, and the game froze (if not closed off completely) five seconds later. However, I’m not using any mods. I don’t know if it’s a glitch in the server or the fact that I’m using Windows 7. Help?

those were two coincidental occurrences. The Mod Report is a post here on the forums and the message was just letting folks know that the newest addition is out. Your crash wasn’t caused by that, though I couldn’t say what caused it.

yahooxd:

First off, nice trips dude. Secondly, i suggest updating java to 64 bits, you can do this by going to their website and downloading it / installing it. For whatever reason, windows 7 comes with java 32 bit, while I’m not sure why it does, I’m hoping it will fix your problem :)

Profile photo of Friend
    Friend

anyone have a good list of mods that are allowed on the server or ones that they use?

Profile photo of tuxman20
    tuxman20

I just found out the Cheetah Pack. I havent used it yet on the server as it is still at 1.0. It contains a minimap with coords, an inventory helper, an ingame instant messaging system, etc..
    Nothing that breaks the game. Any player will be as productive with or without it. It just gives you some tools to help you focus on building.

I dont know if they are all allowed on the server but I don<t see why they wouldnt be.

You mean this one?
    If so, I think the only one we would frown upon in there is the world downloader. Using that could get a bit cheaty. As long as you don’t use that one, though, I think you’re in the clear. I personally use 4 of the mods in that pack(Rei’s, Macro, ControlPack, and Inventory Tweaks).

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Cliff Jameston Cliff Jameston. Reason: Elaboration
    Profile photo of methermeneus
    methermeneus

Checking my mods before I try logging in. I currently use:
    Minecraft Console
    Optifine
    Control Pack

I don’t think there’s anything in there to cause problems, but I don’t know for certain, especially about the Control Pack.

EDIT: Just noticed that the post above mine essentially approves ControlPack. Whoops. Well, still, there’s Optifine and Console. They don’t do anything that would constitute cheating as far as I know, but I don’t know if they do anything serverside or only affect my client, so my question still stands.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of methermeneus methermeneus.

Yeah, we, along with probably most of the Minecraft community loves Optifine, and you’re definitely free to use that.
    Minecraft console, to me, looks pretty much like a different version of improvedchat, and as long as it doesn’t let you see anyone else’s commands, feel free to use it.
    And, yes, like you noticed, I personally use Control Pack, so you can, too.

MLP mod fine? it only change the way your character looks?

Profile photo of Thomas
    mariofan999

I Accept
    The Rules

Easy enough rules when I get Turbo after the exams i’ll enjoy this server alot

Profile photo of capochetta
    capochetta

The answer is probably ‘no you cannot’ but it never hurts to ask.

Would it be ok to build something like this near a mob spawner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBjUMbib_w&feature=plcp

Note: I would not install the pistons since spawning and maintaining that many mobs in one spot would cause server lag. I would just use this to hurt mobs as they spawn.

I ask because right now I have water push mobs to a central location so I can safely whack them in the shins until they die. The only difference between that and this video is that I can turn the spawner on/off with lights and they are injured before the get to me, saving me on swords.

So would a ‘skelevator’ break rule 12?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of capochetta capochetta.
    Profile photo of snowylolz
    snowylolz

Someone help I am a big fan of far from subtle and I would like to join their server how do I sign up for it.

Profile photo of paulieg
    paulgurman

when i try to connect to the server it say internal exception: Java.Net.socketexception: connection reset. what do i do

Profile photo of Sven85
    Sven85

I think you should add something about streets/bridges/etc, that connect 2 communities over a long distance to that rules.

Profile photo of Illiterate Sophist
    isophist
    Keymaster

The 500 block rule applies to that.

Profile photo of Sven85
    Sven85

I’m just saying one should think about that, if there would be enough space in between to buil a completely new community. You know what I mean. ^^

Can I keep on my Too Many Items without any issues?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

That should be fine, yes.

Profile photo of undead11
    undead11

i was banned from minecraft what do i do?

Profile photo of Illiterate Sophist
    isophist
    Keymaster

That PM you got the other day from me? You might want to respond at some point.

Can you have an xbox version of the builds at all? ya know a vanilla xbox server that has its own challenges and a max of 6 builders per map (so a Moderator and frash can b in it) and have multipull Moderators as the “server” and multipull peeps can do the challenge.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

1. Wrong thread 2. No.

and yes same rules, ps i accept the rules once i get MC on the pc

Profile photo of LoopH0LE
    looph0le

Just stating this for when the time comes/ in case you didn’t know — you do need to become a Turbo to gain access to the Minecraft server.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Minecraft AWESOME! Server Rules.’ is closed to new replies.