Because there have been some requests for it, I’m moving the rules topic from the old forums to here. Any mods, feel free to edit this as you wish.
-Notice- If you have been banned from two of our communities, we reserve the right to ban you from all communities.
Rule 1: Don’t bug Fraser. Seriously. Don’t. Let me remind you that he is god. He throws around lightning and fire and doesn’t care how much stuff you had on you. And despite being god, sometimes he just wants to log on and have some fun. So give the guy some space and let him do his thing. This rule also applies to the rest of the crew (Becky, Ben, Deacon and Kyle). Let them mine in peace, guys. And stay away from their island.
Rule 2: Ask Google before asking the mods. This is going to be as depressing as when you learned that your parents didn’t have all of the answers, but the mods don’t know everything and they have better things to do than answer every single question. You’re going to get much quicker and more concise answers from Google. Alternately, try here for FAQ server related questions.
Rule 3: If its not yours, don’t alter it, take it or destroy it. Don’t look in chests of others. You leave your fingerprints ALL over any chest you open. PLEASE do not free, shear, or kill someone else’s fenced in animals, or harvest crops, without asking permission first. We WILL ban you if you kill another person’s crops or livestock on the server without their permission.
Rule 4: Don’t be a dick and don’t harass others. Keep chat PG-13. If you’re being rude and unpleasant, we don’t want you around. If someone tells you to leave them alone, leave them alone because we do not tolerate harassment and user abuse. We understand that when you have a stack of diamonds and you get pushed into lava by flowing water while running away from a creeper, it’s cussing time. But try and keep the stuff to a minimum.
Rule 5: Don’t alter challenge builds after their air date. The build challenges are wonderful pieces of work as they are, and changing things only detracts from them. And no pillaging. The blocks have more inherent worth where they are than they could ever have on their own. Altering the Hub (this includes the decorative trees) makes mods cranky. Making us cranky is a Bad Plan.
Rule 6: Repair the holes caused by creepers pursuing you. No one wants to fall down craters every time they walk around. You made the creeper mad and decided to give him a hug to make him feel better. He’s your responsibility, and just like your first pet, it’s your job to clean up his mess.
Rule 7: You are responsible for any actions taken under your account. That includes, but is not limited to, griefing, murder, theft, ect. We WILL NOT take the excuse, “But I let my friend borrow my account.” Tough. See the post “‘friends’ are the worst griefers” for a hundred more reasons why it is a terrible idea to let someone onto your account.
Rule 8: Don’t build or alter the land within 500 blocks of another build with out asking, especially the Portal Hub (if we can see your build from the Hub, it’s WAY too close). Communities need space to grow and you have no way of knowing whether a solo build is going to change from one castle to an exact replica of an entire province in Japan. So keep your distance or check with ALL neighboring residents before setting up shop. This includes any roadways/railways/transport systems you may be inclined to build. An easy way to ensure you’re not crowding someone is to look at the server map.
Rule 9: Don’t spam the chat. If no one answers you, wait a bit before asking again. If no one answered it’s probably because no one knows the answer. So you can either wait for another batch of users to come online and ask them, or go to your trusted friend Google and hope they have the answers you need. Dying repeatedly (or being killed repeatedly by your buddy) for funsies counts as spam. If you’re dying because you’re trying to get your stuff back from a pit of zombies, that’s fine, but if the chat window is full of your battles with herobrine, you’re going overboard.
Rule 10: Don’t look for loopholes in the rules. Most of our rules are broad enough to cover a lot of stuff. We do not want to hear “But I wasn’t being a dick, I was just arguing!” or “I just replaced all this users lapis blocks with blue wool, that’s not REALLY altering their build.”
Rule 11: No game-changing mods allowed on server. No flying, no x-ray, no nonsense. Play vanilla. Map mods are okay as long as they do not help you find ores and mats anymore than our server map can. Mods like convenient inventory and Improved Chat are also fine. If you have a questions about whether a mod is okay, please do ask as we have very little tolerance for mods and it’s better to ask than to find yourself banned.
Rule 12: Do not build structures that:
– Force a spawner to create more mobs than it normally would
– Funnel mobs to a space where they will start glitching into the walls and ceiling
– Automatically kill mobs systematically
Those can cause client and server side lag by, for example, making entities glitch out or creating a lot of items on the floor. We also feel like they take the challenge out of the game. Normal traps and defenses are not affected by this, nor are ”danger rooms”, this is about systematically exploiting the game’s mechanics.
Rule 13: Nether Fortresses and spawners in the nether belong to the VGA Community as a whole, therefore we ask that you not destroy one if you come across one. You can now craft nether bricks, so you don’t need to take them from the fortresses.
Rule 14: Do not make large builds in the nether. It’s too small to enforce a 500 block radius, so it will be much more like spawn city in terms of how you should space out and not bother other people with your structures.
If you have questions about any of those rules or are not sure if something you’re doing is in line with them please ask a moderator in private or publicly in the Q&A thread.
Many thanks to ItsWhyWeGame for typing all that up the first time. Also, thanks to AzurillKirby for the next idea.
The Mods on this server (We have a green [MOD] tag next to our names) are: Isophist, MellisBaker, Bonefoot, Aughts, CasualRuffian, CliffJameston, Aqws3, MrChrisMad, KShade, Nulani, RetroMike, Ryuuza, SilentWindODoom, MikeyMcMuffin, and Cogswell_Chris.
The Helpers on this server (We have a Blue [HELP] tag next to our names) are: Acevil, Dragriff, EnterMEUN, Euske, Segwo, Fiffles and Psepha
Two extra things to note(Once again, thank you to AzurillKirby):
Griefing is defined as: destruction of any part of a build of a different user without permission, stealing items from a user, killing a user’s pets/farm animals, building within a build of a different user without permission, or building too close to a build of another user without permission.
If a mod asks you to do or not do something, you need to obey said mod, even if what they told you to do/not do is not something on the list of rules. This also applies for helpers acting on behalf of a mod.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added a section about farm animals to Rule 3
- This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added another section to Rule 2 for alternate Mod contact info
- This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Cliff Jameston. Reason: Fixed HTML in Rule 2
- This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by kshade. Reason: Added Rule 13
- This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by casualruffian. Reason: Updated to reflect new /rules edits
- This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Cliff Jameston. Reason: Added 2 Strikes Rule
- This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by casualruffian. Reason: Added the crew to rule 1
- This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by . Reason: adjusted mods/coms listed
- This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Cliff Jameston.
- This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by kshade.
- This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by kshade. Reason: Revised rule 12
- This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by kshade. Reason: s/Cause/Force/
- This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by casualruffian. Reason: expanding on rule 8 as apparently it wasn't obvious enough as stated
- This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Duncan325. Reason: Added Helpers
- This topic was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by kshade. Reason: Added rule 13 and 14 from http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/mod-report-week-64-year-2-week-12/
- This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Cliff Jameston. Reason: Removed random em tag, fixed help color, edited Mod list
- This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by cogswell_chris.
The topic ‘Minecraft AWESOME! Server Rules.’ is closed to new replies.