Minecraft Awesome Q&A

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Minecraft Awesome Q&A

This topic contains 465 replies, has 161 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DonTee DonTee020 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Hi,

in this thread you can ask all the questions you have about the Minecraft Awesome! server that you don’t want to make a new thread about. Please keep discussions short to make this thread more accessible. Also, we won’t be able to give a satisfactory answer to every question since we probably don’t know the answer ourselves or can’t disclose some information (particularly about other players).

Please also take all answers with a grain of salt unless it’s clearly meant to be a snarf, not a derp.

Ask away!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: renamed thread
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 465 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of pdw2kx
    pdw2kx

This is a great idea, many thanks! I’ll start us off.

Is is true that portals will come back once RPG Month is over? And is it true that the pricing system may change? And if so, any idea on what will be replacing diamonds?

Profile photo of sixteenarmed
    sixteenarmed

I have a question too:

Will there be a online map of the Server soon? I heard you haven’t made a decision yet but I wonder if there is really a decision needed.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

pdw2kx:
    Is is true that portals will come back once RPG Month is over? And is it true that the pricing system may change? And if so, any idea on what will be replacing diamonds?

Snarf: Yes, portals will return after ADVENTURE MONTH! is over. Pricing will very, very likely change too since diamonds have become more plentiful with enchantment.

Derp: No idea what the replacement will be, somebody brought up ghast tears but that’s not final at all.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

sixteenarmed:
    I have a question too:

Will there be a online map of the Server soon? I heard you haven’t made a decision yet but I wonder if there is really a decision needed.

Snarf: I don’t want to install a map renderer on the server at this time. When it gets stable we’ll likely bring something like the old map back (might use a different software) but computing all the small images takes a ton of processing power and RAM that we need at the moment. I might try to make a single map render after getting some other stuff done, nothing too fancy though, just to see how our new world looks.

Profile photo of azurillkirby
    azurillkirby

Is “ADVENTURE MONTH!” a reference to Fantasy Month *plays Fantasy Month music* from Continue??

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Azurillkirby:
    Is “ADVENTURE MONTH!” a reference to Fantasy Month *plays Fantasy Month music* from Continue??

Snarf: Yes, but that doesn’t belong here really :>

Profile photo of acethe5th
    acethe5th

Will the Nether 1:8 ratio be changed to 1:1?

Profile photo of Bonefoot
    bonefoot

acethe5th:
    Will the Nether 1:8 ratio be changed to 1:1?

Snarf: Yes.

azurillkirby

Will it stay 1:8 for all of RPG Month, or will it change during the middle?

Profile photo of pdw2kx
    pdw2kx

Thanks for the prompt response! One more portal-related question: will people who owned a portal in the old server have to pay again for a portal in the new server?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Azurillkirby:
    Will it stay 1:8 for all of RPG Month, or will it change during the middle?

Snarf: Depends on when we get the plugin working.

pdw2kx:
    Thanks for the prompt response! One more portal-related question: will people who owned a portal in the old server have to pay again for a portal in the new server?

Snarf: Almost certainly.

Profile photo of captaincrook
    captaincrook

i have a question to ask: is there a limit to the amount of exploring you can do at the current time? I don’t mean exploring for community building, but rather exploring for sightseeing’s sake. I’ve done more than enough of that myself (several minecraft days in every direction from spawn), and would like to know if further exploring is allowed.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

captaincrook:
    i have a question to ask: is there a limit to the amount of exploring you can do at the current time? I don’t mean exploring for community building, but rather exploring for sightseeing’s sake. I’ve done more than enough of that myself (several minecraft days in every direction from spawn), and would like to know if further exploring is allowed.

Snarf: There is a world border with a radius of 10000 blocks. Feel free to run around in that.

azurillkirby

(In response to my Nether question)
    Does “Depends on when we get the plugin working” mean “as soon as possible”

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Azurillkirby:
    (In response to my Nether question)
    Does “Depends on when we get the plugin working” mean “as soon as possible”

Aye

I just got my nether portal working in conjunction with my surface portal…does that mean I have to radically alter my nether portal BEFORE the switch? Or will it re-adjust?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

darkavenger005:
    I just got my nether portal working in conjunction with my surface portal…does that mean I have to radically alter my nether portal BEFORE the switch? Or will it re-adjust?

Derp it should stay how it is now. Not sure though.

Hey, great thread idea! Hopefully we won’t abuse this by bombarding you with silly questions. o_o

With that said, time to bombard you with silly questions…

Snarfs?:

1. Why is the nether being made 1:1 with the overworld?

2. What’s your opinion on money-based plugins like iConomy, and would they ever be considered for the server? Something like that might solve our portal pricing issue and a lot of the negative effects the brokerage had.

Derp?:

3. Have you guys considered a funky design for portal hub? Something like a sky island or a grand-looking city might be cool, no? Or do you just wish to keep it plain and simple?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of umjammersully umjammersully.
    Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

umjammersully:
    1. Why is the nether being made 1:1 with the overworld?

Snarf: We’re trying to keep this world a little bit closer together than the old one. Fast travel kinda goes against that, people have already gone out to the world border.

umjammersully:
    2. What’s your opinion on money-based plugins like iConomy, and would they ever be considered for the server? Something like that might solve our portal pricing issue and a lot of the negative effects the brokerage had.

Snarf: I highly doubt that we’ll ever install anything like these plug-ins, and I’m pretty sure something like this would make things worse. There has to be a way to get money too, which would probably involve NPC item shops.
    Derp: Also, money isn’t fun :>

umjammersully:
    3. Have you guys considered a funky design for portal hub?

Snarf: We have no plans as of yet, but the basic design (multiple areas, plots for surface portal builds) will likely be kept.

OK, thanks for your response, kshade. :)

Profile photo of theglaz
    theglaz

I can’t seem to stay on the server for more than 10 seconds before being booted out with the error:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset.

What can I do?

Profile photo of Achvdragon
    achvdragon

Would it be allowable to place a “Quest” board near spawn. The idea is that people put up requests, such as collecting a certain item, for rewards equal to the quest in question. I find myself being wildly successful in this endeavor.

Profile photo of lunaticchaos
    lunaticchaos

You know this has been a question I’ve been wondering about for a while, why doesn’t the mod team update the first page of the build challenge threads with the accepted builds?
    That way you don’t get any repeat submissions and would be easier to do the planning/placing part of the builds with a list.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of lunaticchaos lunaticchaos.
    Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

theglaz:
    I can’t seem to stay on the server for more than 10 seconds before being booted out with the error:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset.

What can I do?

Check if that happens with other servers too. Also, this doesn’t really belong here, so please PM me for a follow-up reply.

achvdragon:
    Would it be allowable to place a “Quest” board near spawn. The idea is that people put up requests, such as collecting a certain item, for rewards equal to the quest in question. I find myself being wildly successful in this endeavor.

That’s alright.

lunaticchaos:
    You know this has been a question I’ve been wondering about for a while, why doesn’t the mod team update the first page of the build challenge threads with the accepted builds?
    That way you don’t get any repeat submissions and would be easier to do the planning/placing part of the builds with a list.

Pretty sure some challenge managers have done that, but keeping the list always up-to-date would be a chore. Also, you’d still have to at least ctrl-f through the thread before submitting anyways to see if your idea was already brought up and rejected/not yet approved.

Profile photo of thisnick
    thisnick

Hey, I’m not even sure if this is a dumb question but how do you determine your location? By that I mean the actual coordinates? Because I see all these places I want to go check out and I have no idea how to head there.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

F3, look to the left (X, Y, Z).

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

We currently have no plans on expanding the world border, but that might change.

Profile photo of apolllo
    apolllo

kshade:
    We currently have no plans on expanding the world border, but that might change.

I think expanding it to more in the neighborhood of 25,000 would be more reasonable. the radius is 10,000 blocks and it is not 10,000 by 10,000 which makes it a lot smaller than it sounds. Also considering the fact that a very large percentage of those blocks is purely water, it makes the area we can build on even that much smaller. I can understand limiting the size of the world to a certain point for lag reasons, but limiting it to only 10,000 seems a bit small. I have come to a barrier at 4000 by around 5000 something so the border isn’t even all that symmetrical.

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

The border isn’t 5000/5000 to -5000/-5000 because the spawn point is the center, not 0/0.

About expanding the border… we’ll see. It’s certainly going to crop up again and you make a good point for the future.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: Derp!
    Profile photo of aqws3
    aqws3

The world has a border with a 10000 block radius, from spawn, and its a circle, not square.

Thing that I just changed. Now the world border is square, you should be able to go past 5000, 4000, all the way to 10000, 10000 in all directions.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of aqws3 aqws3.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 465 total)

The topic ‘Minecraft Awesome Q&A’ is closed to new replies.