Overwatch Discussion

Home Forums Video Gaming! Overwatch Discussion

Tagged: 

This topic contains 365 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mryawning mryawning 6 days, 19 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

(HEY! Got your attention? Good, then add me on PS4, my username there is Zaziuma as well, let’s party up sometime!)

Since I’m sure a lot of us are playing, I thought we should have a discussion page! Share your favorite heroes, your favorite moments while playing, or discuss strategy, whatever you feel like. I had a good moment that inspired this thread:

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 8 months ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 7 months ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
Viewing 30 replies - 271 through 300 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

Reloading’s for losers:

I had so many attempts on this map, but finally got it. I had been telling myself to give up just yesterday too:

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

Wrote this yesterday, forgot to post it, posting it now.

Got to Diamond, feels good. Those that say “just divide the points by 50 and you get Season 1 rating” probably don’t know what they’re talking about. Diamond was much harder to get than rank 60, and most people were higher than rank 60 in Season 1. Right now I feel that my supports are better than my tanks (though my Zarya is pretty good), and anything aside from supports and tanks I don’t play at all. I usually premade with two people and both of them can play some Offense heroes, although they often go for tanks and sometimes supports as well.

So, about Defense heroes. Symmetra is, in my opinion, probably the worst hero in the game (some would say she’s more of a support, I suppose). Bastion is… Also one of the worst. Torbjörn is pretty bad as well. Hanzo… Is surprisingly decent now. I think he’s better than Soldier: 76 and often better than Pharah as well. Generally worse than McCree and Reaper, and Tracer and Genji are mixed bags. Mei is surprisingly decent on Control Point defense. At this point, I think I prefer having a Mei on my team over a Mercy. Mercy isn’t bad, but she’s a risky pick, and most Mercy players, even on Diamond level, are bad at hiding when it counts, which makes her ultimate really inconsistent. You could have a Lúcio or Zenyatta ultimate instead, which can decide teamfights, and their non-ultimate use is better than Mercy’s. Or you could have an Ana instead, who has two very powerful abilities, lots of healing per second, and an ultimate that’s somewhat spamable.

Profile photo of Ser JohnY
    SerJohnY

I find the deal with Ana being nerfed kinda funny considering that it wasn’t that long ago when people were saying she “wasn’t viable” on console. I think she’s another Hero such as Genji with a high skill ceiling. A horrible Ana on your team leads to people saying the’s not viable on console, whereas an amazing Ana leads to people saying she’s OP. Same exact thing happened with Genji. People complained about how he wasn’t good during the beta because no one knew how to play him properly, then fast forwards a couple of months, and people are complaining about how he can solo carry teams leading to him being nerfed up the wazoo!

Just find it kinda ironic. Just because you can’t play a Hero well, doesn’t mean they’re a bad Hero.

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

Every week Overbuff post an analysis of hero usage in certain Overwatch tournaments. I compare the data with my experience from Competitive games in Diamond level and post my own comments. I add the old week’s numbers in parenthesis. As you may already know, Overwatch Open was this weekend, with a whopping $300.000 prize pool!

[url]https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-10-03-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-overwatch-open-deep-dives[/url]

The Attack, Defense, and KotH stats are approximations.

Lúcio

Overall: 95.04% (94.9%).
    Attack: 94% (100%).
    Defense: 94% (85%).
    KotH: 100% (100%).

Comment: Lúcio fits nearly any comp, so it’s not very surprising to see him used nearly all of the time at top level play.

Zarya

Overall: 83.08% (77.09%).
    Attack: 82% (77%).
    Defense: 77% (62%).
    KotH: 99% (100%).

Comment: Zarya is an incredibly powerful hero, providing bulkiness, damage, barriers, and an amazing ultimate.

Ana

Overall: 77.27% (21.31%).
    Attack: 78% (30%).
    Defense: 88% (26%).
    KotH: 49% (0%).

Comment: Ana is currently a very powerful hero due to a number of factors. Her healing is really strong and she can amplify Lúcio’s healing even further, her ultimate can be hard to deal with (funnily enough, one of the best counters to Ana is Ana) and charges quickly, and her sleep dart can decide fights. Oh, and her biotic grenade can make a huge difference, especially in countering Zenyatta’s ultimate. With that being said, she’s arguably the hardest support to play, and if your teammates aren’t careful they might accidentally wake up sleeping targets prematurely.

Zenyatta

Overall: 18.14% (68.1%)
    Attack: 7% (52%).
    Defense: 5% (67%).
    KotH: 52% (92%).

Comment: The surge of Ana and the decreased use of the triple support comp meant that either Lúcio or Zenyatta would have to drop. Lúcio synergizes incredibly well with Ana and is super good overall, so Zenyatta dropped. Zenyatta is still a good character (especially on KotH) and if you don’t play Ana you should probably go with Zenyatta.

Reinhardt

Overall: 65.91% (60.99%).
    Attack: 73% (75%).
    Defense: 83% (85%).
    KotH: 27% (4%).

Comment: Not only does Reinhardt provide a really powerful shield and a great ultimate, he’s also a pretty good target for Ana’s Nanoboost. He has some flaws on King of the Hill, but he can sometimes work together with an Ana.

Genji

Overall: 24.63% (48.2%).
    Attack: 30% (55%).
    Defense: 18% (32%).
    KotH: 29% (55%).

Comment: The prevalence of triple tank comps and comps with Reaper have made other Offense heroes fall off a bit in tournaments. Genji seems to have fallen off in Diamond Competitive play as well, although I still see him from time to time, with mixed results. A good Genji can do really well, although he faces competition with other heroes (such as Reaper and McCree).

McCree

Overall: 23.90% (44.1%).
    Attack: 23% (44%).
    Defense: 35% (65%).
    KotH: 6% (24%).

Comment: McCree is still a really strong character, although he didn’t benefit from the rise of Ana (or tank comps, for that matter).

Reaper

Overall: 55.16% (29.2%).
    Attack: 54% (26%).
    Defense: 54% (32%).
    KotH: 56% (31%).

Comment: Reaper has long been a pretty good hero, but the rise of Ana helped make him the #1 Offense hero, since a Nanoboosted Death Blossom can be absolutely devastating.

Tracer

Overall: 45.51% (32.5%).
    Attack: 44% (24%).
    Defense: 25% (11%).
    KotH: 89% (76%).

Comment: Aside from KotH, where Tracer has always been a powerful hero, Tracer has been somewhat hit or miss in the meta. My personal opinion is that a good Tracer can do a lot of work, but a bad Tracer won’t be very useful, and at Diamond level, the average Tracer won’t do as well as the average McCree or Reaper (on non-KotH maps, anyway). Still, she has a lot of potential, and she’s one of the better picks against (and together with) Zarya.

Winston

Overall: 39.62% (44%).
    Attack: 37% (26%).
    Defense: 25% (26%).
    KotH: 76% (96%).

Comment: Winston is a good KotH tank. Outside of KotH, he’s somewhat niche. He struggles to deal with Reaper and Roadhog, and picking him instead of Zarya or Reinhardt is questionable. He can work quite well on 3 tank comps, though, and as a decent Genji-counter (or if Widowmaker is a problem, which almost never happens at Diamond level or tournament level).

Roadhog

Overall: 20,20% (24.57%).
    Attack: 19% (31%).
    Defense: 26% (33%).
    KotH: 12% (8%).

Comment: Roadhog has three major issues. Firstly, it is easy to get ultimate charge off of him, due to his large health pool with no armor. Secondly, his ultimate isn’t that great. Thirdly, and most importantly, he’s not Zarya or Reinhardt. By playing Roadhog you either have to play 3 tank meta or give up on Zarya or Reinhardt (or Winston on KotH). With that being said, a good Roadhog can still perform really well.

Mercy

Overall: 4.85% (21.3%).
    Attack: 7% (26%).
    Defense: 1% (50%).
    KotH: 0% (4%).

Comment: Mercy is too reliant on her ultimate. Good Mercy ultimates can turn the game, but aside from that, her kit offers less than other supports (I consider Symmetra more of a Defense hero). Furthermore, she doesn’t synergize all that well with the other supports. Her main niche is together with Pharah, and even that is risky.

Hanzo

Overall: 4.85% (10.2%).
    Attack: 9% (26%).
    Defense: 0% (3%).
    KotH: 1% (0%).

Comment: My experience with Hanzo in Diamond, post-nerf: He’s not bad. Other heroes might be better in certain situation, but don’t go flaming the Hanzo player for picking Hanzo; he’s a lot better after the buffs.

Mei

Overall: 31.79% (8.33%).
    Attack: 25% (7%).
    Defense: 55% (13%).
    KotH: 4% (0%).

Comment: Mei is probably the most underrated character in the game. That’s not to say that I believe her to be secretly a top pick or anything, but she used to be one of the worst heroes in the game, and then she got a buff. Over time, more and more players have picked up Mei and a good Mei can really make a difference (and a bad Mei can really mess up walls). Personally, I believe that her best niche is on Defense, which the data seems to support as well.

D.Va

Overall: 3.53% (7.41%).
    Attack: 2% (11%).
    Defense: 5% (7%).
    KotH: 0% (2%).

Comment: D.Va has two roles that she does really well: Stalling and dealing with Bastion. Aside from that, she’s the worst tank in the game, and generally not worth picking.

Pharah

Overall: 4.54% (5.04%).
    Attack: 7% (17%).
    Defense: 4%(0%).

Comment: Pharah generally isn’t that good unless she has a Mercy on her team (although a good Ana can make up for some of it), and she really struggles against certain heroes, such as McCree. With that being said, she’s not bad, but her flaws make her a risky pick in most Diamond games (and tournament games as well, given those usage stats).

Junkrat

Overall: 0.69% (4.1%).

Comment: Junkrat has some niche use at point defense A, but he’s generally easy to deal with and fuels support ultimate charge and Zarya’s energy.

Soldier: 76

Overall: 0.75% (3.3%).

Comment: He’s not bad, but other Offense heroes are generally better. McCree, in particular, is kind of like a stronger Soldier: 76.

Widowmaker

Overall: 0.34% (1.9%).

Comment: Widowmaker can work if you’re really, really good with her. She has a lot of flaws and doesn’t offer a strong ultimate in addition to being hard to play, so she generally won’t work.

Torbjörn

Overall: 0% (1.4%).

Comment: His turrets are not very good and he’s somewhat of a sitting duck.

Bastion

Overall: 0.43% (0.1%)%.

Comment: Bastion, at a Diamond level, almost never works. Ana can sleep dart him and make him an easy kill, Zenyatta can Discord Orb him and make him vulnerable, and other heroes have ways of dealing with him too (ultimates generally work well against him).

Symmetra

Overall: 0.12% (0.1%).

Comment: While Symmetra can work on point A Defense, she’s incredibly risky. You give up a strong support ultimate (generally, I’ve never seen anyone run two supports + Symmetra) in order to get a teleporter tha only sometimes works (it gets destroyed too easily). You also give up healing. Overall, Symmetra is underpowered and generally not worth picking.

Summary:

Most used Attack heroes (50%+): Lúcio, Zarya, Ana, Reinhardt, Reaper.
    Other Attack heroes (25%+): Tracer, Winston, Genji, Mei.

Most used Defense heroes: Lúcio, Ana, Reinhardt, Zarya, Mei, Reaper.
    Other Defense heroes: McCree, Roadhog, Winston, Tracer.

Most used KotH heroes: Lúcio, Zarya, Tracer, Winston, Reaper, Zenyatta.
    Other KotH heroes: Ana, Genji, Reinhardt.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Sylian .
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Sylian . Reason: Accidentally edited away my old post, should be fixed now
    Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

It’s been a while since consoles have had a patch, I am getting anxious to test out the new Ana and Junkrat buffs! On another note, where are you guys at with trophies/achievements? I am at 85% right now, getting pretty damn close, the ones I have left are going to be annoying to get, since they rely more on luck than anything.

SerJohnY

@zaziuma: I’m at 67% for Trophies. Don’t really care about Trophies to be perfectly honest. Turned off the Trophy notifications because I find it annoying and breaks immersion such as when you’re playing The Last Of Us and have constant Trophy pop-ups during intense moments.

Profile photo of lionheart21
    lionheart21

As a D Va main, its rough to hear that she’s not considered to be all that great in the current meta.

Profile photo of Jerseymilk
    Jerseymilk

Hey thought I would link this girl’s Pharah cosplay since it’s Fraser fav skin of her. She did a bang up job on it! :)

http://kristenrosemurphy.deviantart.com/art/Thunderbird-Pharah-NYCC2016-638266730

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jerseymilk .
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Jerseymilk .
    SerJohnY

@lionheart21: Don’t let that put you off from playing her. I have a friend who mains D.Va as well and he does amazing with her even though people claim she isn’t in the Meta anymore.

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

@zaziuma: The only achievements I care about are Supports and Tanks, and more Supports than tanks (since that’s what I mainly play). I got all support achievements aside from the Floor is Lava one (and Symmetra’s since I don’t play her at all). I got all tank achievements aside from the “Destroy Symmetra’s stuff as Winston” and “Kill two people with knock-off as Roadhog”. I don’t really play Roadhog anymore so I dunno if I’ll get that achievement, maybe I’ll make an effort on certain King of the Hill maps in Quick Play. Winston’s seems somewhat unlikely since Symmetra is so rare, and they usually switch off Symmetra once they’ve lost point A. Maybe if Symmetra is buffed the achievement would be easier to get.

As for General I still need to get the “Destroy 3 teleporters” and “Get 50 items for one character” achievements. I don’t care about Offense and Defense.

These days I mostly play Lúcio, Zenyatta, and Ana. Occasionally I might go Reinhardt. I could probably run Winston on King of the Hill, but if I’m able to I prefer going support on King of the Hill. I like Zarya but one of the people I play with mains her, so I don’t get to play her much these days. My Roadhog got bad due to lack of practice so I dropped him, and D.Va isn’t very good right now so I dropped her as well. Same with Mercy (I’d say Mercy is probably the 8th or 7th worst character in the game right now).

@lionheart21: D.Va’s biggest problem is Zarya. If the enemy team doesn’t have a Zarya then D.Va becomes a lot more viable. She’s also good if the enemy team has a Bastion, or if you want to stall the last point/payload push.

At higher levels of play (high Platinum and upwards) Reinhardt + Zarya are super common, which is really bad for D.Va. The Defense Matrix nerf was also unfortunate.

Profile photo of lionheart21
    lionheart21

@sylian Oh, I’m not discouraged. D Va fits my playstyle better than any other character, and I’ve had my best success using her. She could be F-tier and she’d still be my main. Just wish she’d get more love.

Hello I’m kinda new here, but I play Overwatch for PS4 so I guess that counts

SerJohnY

@theofficialvoid: Hello :) Add me on PS4, my name’s Ser_JohnY.

My PSN is Mattximum25 for anyone that is looking for an avid Overwatch player

SerJohnY

@theofficialvoid: I just accepted your friend request. Just to let you know, I’ve taken a brief break from Overwatch to play some other games. I played Overwatch for 220 hours straight which is not a good idea and kinda tired myself out on it. I’ll be back on it in a week or two.

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

Up up and away

I so wish the D.Va would be someone else so I would get that trophy

Get dunked on!

Profile photo of Jerseymilk
    Jerseymilk

Was linked this creative vid from one of my Blizzard fan groups yesterday. If Overwatch had an anime-style opening. This guy has some awesome editing skills.

Profile photo of mryawning
    mryawning

SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS
    SPOILERS

Potential overwatch halloween skin spoilers from the latest overwatch comic(It’s in Portuguese, The offical release is this coming Tuesday.)

View post on imgur.com

Sombra leaks :

https://embed.gyazo.com/d4a43581475bbb96b9191bdde3656f76.png

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of mryawning .
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of mryawning .
    SerJohnY

Assuming the Sombra leak is not a hoax, I’m satisified. Her design looks neat, backstory fits nicely. The only thing I’m worried about is what affect she’ll have gameplay-wise. I don’t like the idea of a stealth hero.

Also, can’t wait for the Halloween update. Hope there’s a Genji skin :)

Profile photo of Grakiao
    Grakiao

Any of you play on PC? Add me on battlenet: Grakiao#1408

Also anyone who plays on PC should join the VGA discord so we can chat there!

Damn been comping a lot and I have to say it is getting really chaotic this season. Most of my matches either end up being highly organized or a downright messy bloodbath, but in the end every game I’ve played has been enjoyable in many ways. I’m wondering on how you guys feel about competitive mode and your take on it. Also anyone here a high rank competitive player that plays PS4 and my PSN is Mattximum25.

Eyy anyone on Xbox One want to play? Turbo’s are infinitely nicer than rando’s.

Roseyposey007 on Xbox One! I main Mercy, Pharah, and Reinhardt!

mryawning

Competitive decay hurts so bad. T_T Just lost 44 points from decay.

Profile photo of ps3ftw97
    ps3ftw97

The legends were true

Profile photo of Zabby
    Zabby

Anyone else think horde mode is interesting, but dissapointed at the character limitations?

Profile photo of boloneyman
    boloneyman

One of the writers of Agents of SHIELD has been playing a lot of Overwatch.

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

I ended up skipping last week’s (I was almost done but didn’t end up posting it). Instead, I’ll compare this week with the stats from 2 weeks ago (Overwatch Open). The differences between last week and two weeks ago were somewhat small anyway. For those new to this, I’ll post the stats from a recent Overwatch tournament, then I’ll post a comment based on those stats any my experience playing in Diamond Competitive.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-10-20-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-it-s-the-west-s-world-after-all

Here’s a link to my last overview: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17613453705#post-3

Lúcio

Overall: 93.44% (95.04%).
    Attack: 95% (94%).
    Defense: 86% (94%).

Comment: Lúcio is a great character that fits on almost every team.

Ana

Overall: 90.75% (77.27%).
    Attack: 88% (78%).
    Defense: 88% (26%).
    KotH: 49% (0%).

Comment: Here’s what I wrote for my analysis last week (that I didn’t quite finish): “This was before the most recent patch. Since then, her ultimate charge rate has been nerfed (by 20%) but her Bionic Grenade’s area has been buffed. I predict she’ll still be a good character. Her first Nanoboost will be delayed somewhat, which should make it easier to defend against Ana in the beginning of games, but after that she can just combine her Nanoboost with other ultimates (such as Reaper’s ultimate), which reduces the impact of the nerf. Meanwhile, having a larger area on her grenade makes it much more useful, and she’ll be more likely to be able to tag allies while also hitting enemies. This might hurt Zenyatta, since her Bionic Grenade is a direct counter to his ultimate. I think she’ll still be really good. It will be interesting to see how 3 tank teams are affected. On one hand, they no longer get as many Nanoboosts to create openings and charge their ultimates. On the other hand, the buffed grenade makes it easier to heal multiple tanks at the same time.”

Unsurprisingly, Ana is still a very good character, and Zenyatta did fall off a bit. What’s extra interesting is that her KotH usage is really high now, which really hurts Zenyatta’s niche.

Zarya

Overall: 81.98% (83.08%).
    Attack: 74% (82%).
    Defense: 80% (77%).
    KotH: 100% (99%).

Comment: Zarya has been a core tank for a while now. What’s interesting is that she’s actually used slightly less than Reinhardt on Attack/Defense maps. Her KotH usage is pretty incredible.

Reinhardt

Overall: 67.50% (65.91%).
    Attack: 75% (73%).
    Defense: 82% (83%).
    KotH: 42% (27%).

Comment: Reinhardt loves Ana, who helps him become viable on KotH.

Reaper

Overall: 53.59% (55.16%).
    Attack: 55% (54%).
    Defense: 51% (54%).
    KotH: 52% (56%).

Comment: Reaper is the 5th most used hero in the game, and the most used Offense hero overall (and most used on Attack/Defense, with Tracer being the most used on KotH).

Winston

Overall: 39.89% (39.62%).
    Attack: 36% (37%).
    Defense: 32% (25%).
    KotH: 57% (76%).

Comment: Winston is not a bad character, although with the rise of Reinhardt on KotH his niche has been reduced somewhat. He’s still pretty good in certain situations, though, and still the second most used KotH tank.

McCree

Overall: 33.06% (23.90%).
    Attack: 32% (23%).
    Defense: 36% (35%).
    KotH: 31% (6%).

Comment: McCree is still a really solid character if you can aim well.

Mei

Overall: 32.84% (31.79%).
    Attack: 31% (25%).
    Defense: 54% (55%).
    KotH: 6% (4%).

Comment: Two weeks ago, I called Mei “probably the most underrated character in the game”. At this point, she seems to be really common on Defense on Hanamura and Volskaya Industries (at least at Diamond level), as well as the first point on Eichenwalde, so I suppose she’s not all that underrated anymore. She’s somewhat map-dependant though, and you need to be good with her walls to make her work. A good Mei is scary, since she threatens to divide your team and thus get some easy kills, and she has some really good tools for stalling.

Tracer

Overall: 30.23% (45.51%).
    Attack: 14% (44%).
    Defense: 8% (25%).
    KotH: 75% (89%).

Comment: In my opinion, Tracer was actually hurt quite a bit by the Biotic Grenade buffs for Ana. Ana can do quite a bit of AoE burst healing and damage, which is more troubling for Tracer than Zenyatta ever was. She’s mainly a KotH character, and good teamwork can make her life hard, but a good Tracer against unorganized teams can make a real impact, even on non-KotH maps.

Roadhog

Overall: 28.78% (20.20%).
    Attack: 27% (19%).
    Defense: 36% (26%).
    KotH: 16% (12%).

Comment: Roadhog is not a bad character, but he still gives the enemy team some easy ultimate charge, and his ultimate is still somewhat lackluster. His main issue is the opportunity cost, you give up using Reinhardt or Zarya (or Winston) unless you’re running a 3 tank team. Still, a good Roadhog can do a lot on his own and create picks that decide the game, and I see quite a bit of Roadhog players with a Golden weapon in Diamond level (presumably because it’s easier to solo-carry with Roadhog than it is with, say, Reinhardt). He’s not a fan of enemy Ana though, since she’ll sleep him and Biotic Grenade his healing if he isn’t careful. He’s not a fan of enemy Zarya either, since she can use her barriers to counter his hook. He loves facing Winston though.

Genji

Overall: 22.50% (24.63%).
    Attack: 35% (30%).
    Defense: 15% (18%).
    KotH: 17% (29%).

Comment: A good Genji can still make a significant impact.

Zenyatta

Overall: 11.57% (18.14%)
    Attack: 13% (7%).
    Defense: 8% (5%).
    KotH: 15% (52%).

Comment: Zenyatta is not in a great spot right now, mainly because of Ana. Ana’s Biotic Grenade is a direct counter to parts of his ultimate, and Zenyatta struggles to fit on many teams. He’s still the third best support, but in a meta where you almost always just run two supports and where the other two supports are quite dominant, Zenyatta struggles to really have a defining role. With that being said, I still think he has some useful niches, such as good damage and a great ultimate, so he can still be used at a Diamond level, especially if your Ana gameplay isn’t top notch and your Zenyatta gameplay is.

D.Va

Overall: 4.64% (3.53%).
    Attack: 10% (2%).
    Defense: 2% (5%).
    KotH: 2% (0%).

Comment: D.Va is too weak against Zarya to have much overall use. She’s good for stalling and she can deal with Bastion pretty well, and make it harder for Pharah and Reaper to pull their ultimates off, but she’s still pretty niche.

Pharah

Overall: 4.54% (5.04%).
    Attack: 7% (17%).
    Defense: 4%(0%).

Comment: Pharah generally isn’t that good unless she has a Mercy on her team (although a good Ana can make up for some of it), and she really struggles against certain heroes, such as McCree. With that being said, she’s not bad, but her flaws make her a risky pick in most Diamond games (and tournament games as well, given those usage stats).

Hanzo

Overall: 2.00% (4.85%).
    Attack: 4% (9%).
    Defense: 0% (0%).
    KotH: 0% (1%).

Comment: I don’t think Hanzo is a bad character, but I suppose many other characters are better. Still, Hanzo seems a bit better than most other F-tier characters, so don’t dismiss him outright; maybe you’re dealing with a great Hanzo player?

Mercy

Overall: 1.83% (4.85%).

Comment: Mercy is probably the most overrated hero in the game right now. She doesn’t provide much damage, and she can’t do damage while healing. Most of the time she has to hide in order to pull off a good ultimate, which means she’s neither healing nor damage boosting. The single biggest issue is that you give up using Ana, Lúcio, or Zenyatta in order to pick her, all which are much more reliable picks. For the time being, Mercy is pretty mediocre, and generally not worthy of consideration.

Bastion

Overall: 1.27% (0.43%)%.

Comment: Bastion is easy to counter and thus generally won’t work.

Junkrat

Overall: 1.02% (0.69%).

Comment: If the enemy team has a Zarya you’ll feed her free energy. A lot of teams have a Zarya, especially once they know you’re playing Junkrat, so Junkrat doesn’t really work that well at higher levels (most of the time).

Widowmaker

Overall: 0.68% (0.34%).

Comment: High-risk, not that great reward, and one of the worst (perhaps the worst) ultimates in the game. Her best use is, I believe, on Point A Attack in order to create a pick, but it’s a risky strategy (and Hanzo is generally better since he, at least, has a somewhat useful ultimate).

Soldier: 76

Overall: 0.36% (0.75%).

Comment: Soldier: 76 is not bad, but McCree is generally a superior pick.

Torbjörn

Overall: 0.09% (0%).

Comment: Why pick a character with a mediocre turret when people will generally be able to destroy it really easily? Torbjörn doesn’t really work at higher levels, although I’ll admit his Armor packs are pretty good.

Symmetra

Overall: 0% (0.12%).

Comment: What do you give up in order to pick Symmetra? Most of the time, I’ve seen people giving up a support, generally Lúcio. Giving up Lúcio for Symmetra is generally a bad idea, especially since her teleporter is far from a safe ultimate (both Lúcio’s and Zenyatta’s are more reliable). Symmetra will get some kind of soft remake in the future, so perhaps she’ll be better then. For now, she’s one of the worst heroes in the game.

Summary:

Most used Attack heroes (50%+): Lúcio, Ana, Reinhardt, Zarya, Reaper.
    Other Attack heroes (25%+): Genji, Winston, McCree, Mei, Roadhog.

Most used Defense heroes: Ana, Lúcio, Reinhardt, Zarya, Mei, Reaper.
    Other Defense heroes: Roadhog, McCree, Winston.

Most used KotH heroes: Zarya, Lúcio, Ana, Tracer, Winston, Reaper.
    Other KotH heroes: Reinhardt, McCree.

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

There is no escape from Mei’s wrath:

Be chill to each other:

Also got the D.Va, but you know how Overwatch is like:

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

New week, and there are some changes, but nothing really all that dramatic.

https://www.overbuff.com/blog/2016-10-26-overwatch-hero-tier-list-and-meta-report-a-meta-divided

Lúcio

Overall: 88.97% (93.44%).
    Attack: 87% (95%).
    Defense: 86% (94%).

Comment: Still great.

Zarya

Overall: 84.50% (81.98%).
    Attack: 83% (74%) (82%).
    Defense: 76% (80%).
    KotH: 100% (100%).

Comment: Zarya will likely remain a top pick until she gets nerfed or Sombra gets released (assuming Sombra either counters Zarya or is a stronger tank).

Reinhardt

Overall: 81.85% (67.50%).
    Attack: 74% (75%).
    Defense: 93% (82%).
    KotH: 79% (42%).

Comment: Look at those KotH stats. Wow. Reinhardt is now the third most used KotH hero, which boosts his overall usage quite a bit. His Defense use is also really impressive.

Ana

Overall: 81.65% (90.75%).
    Attack: 82% (88%).
    Defense: 84% (88%).
    KotH: 78% (49%).

Comment: Ana’s KotH usage skyrocketed. She is getting really close to Lúcio in overall usage, and she is one of the cornerstones of the meta.

Reaper

Overall: 42.41% (53.59%).
    Attack: 35% (55%).
    Defense: 36% (51%).
    KotH: 58% (52%).

Comment: If I’m reading the stats right, tanks average around 2.4 per game (some games 3 tanks, some games 2 tanks, and some games switch between 3 and 2, I suppose). Reaper is pretty good at killing tanks, and his ultimate is really good when combined with Ana’s Nanoboost. When it comes to KotH Offense heroes seem to have fallen off a bit, but Reaper was used the most.

Roadhog

Overall: 42.01% (28.78%).
    Attack: 41% (27%).
    Defense: 49% (36%).
    KotH: 35% (16%).

Comment: Triple tank comps seems pretty popular this week, and Roadhog benefits from that. He also benefits from Mei’s usage dropping.

McCree

Overall: 37.33% (33.06%).
    Attack: 20% (32%).
    Defense: 47% (36%).
    KotH: 46% (31%).

Comment: McCree’s Attack usage dropped, but his Defense and KotH usage rose. I wonder what will happen next week?

Winston

Overall: 30.08% (39.89%).
    Attack: 43% (36%).
    Defense: 26% (32%).
    KotH: 18% (57%).

Comment: The rise of Reinhardt on KotH and the overall increase in Roadhog use made Winston drop a bit, but his usage is still respectable, especially on triple tank teams. His KotH usage has really dropped though.

Genji

Overall: 27.28% (22.50%).
    Attack: 42% (35%).
    Defense: 21% (15%).
    KotH: 14% (17%).

Comment: Still good, but he’s not really a fan of triple tank comps.

Tracer

Overall: 20.80% (30.23%).
    Attack: 25% (14%).
    Defense: 15% (8%).
    KotH: 25% (75%).

Comment: Tracer reaches the lowest she’s ever been in Season 2, and a huge drop in KotH usage. I wonder if this will stick?

Zenyatta

Overall: 18.65% (11.57%)
    Attack: 18% (13%).
    Defense: 21% (8%).
    KotH: 18% (15%).

Comment: Zenyatta’s biggest issue is that Ana and Lúcio are so strong right now. He’s still a pretty good character though.

Mei

Overall: 18.10% (32.84%).
    Attack: 6% (31%).
    Defense: 37% (54%).
    KotH: 8% (6%).

Comment: Mei dropped a bit, though her Defense niche is still solid.

Mercy

Overall: 6.52% (1.83%).
    Attack: 8%
    Defense: 3%
    Koth: 6%

Comment: Mercy got some niche use, but I still don’t think she’s a very good character; the risk is too high and her kit isn’t very good aside from her ultimate.

D.Va

Overall: 6.03% (4.64%).
    Attack: 8% (10%).
    Defense: 3% (2%).
    KotH: 4% (2%).

Comment: D.Va remains a niche pick.

Hanzo

Overall: 5.49% (2.00%).
    Attack: 12% (4%).
    Defense: 0% (0%).
    KotH: 1% (0%).

Comment: A good Hanzo can be pretty useful, though he faces a lot of competition for the spot.

Pharah

Overall: 5.20% (4.54%).
    Attack: 7% (7%).
    Defense: 1% (4%).
    KotH: 5% (0%).

Comment: Pharah isn’t a bad character unless she’s countered. She can be hard to fit on a team since she has many counters, but if the enemies aren’t that good at countering her she can be a really effective character.

Bastion

Overall: 1.59% (1.27%).

Comment: Still easy to counter.

Less than 1%: Widowmaker, Soldier: 76, Junkrat, Torbjörn, Symmetra.

Comment: See my previous analyses for why these characters generally aren’t worth it in higher levels of play.

Summary:

Most used Attack heroes (50%+): Lúcio, Zarya, Ana, Reinhardt.
    Other Attack heroes (25%+): Winston, Genji, Roadhog, Reaper, Tracer.

Most used Defense heroes: Reinhardt, Ana, Lúcio, Zarya.
    Other Defense heroes: Roadhog, McCree, Reaper, Mei, Winston.

Most used KotH heroes: Zarya, Lúcio, Reinhardt, Ana, Reaper.
    Other KotH heroes: McCree, Roadhog, Tracer.

mryawning

I’m gonna predict China, USA, Sweden and South Korea at the world cup semi-finals. Surefour couldn’t carry Canada out of the group stages. :(

Viewing 30 replies - 271 through 300 (of 365 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.