Thanksgiving Build Challenge!

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Thanksgiving Build Challenge!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of missblow missblow 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of Aughts
    aughts
    Keymaster

UPDATE: Start cleaning up the scaffolding and finishing your builds! The show will be this Saturday, Nov. 19th at 1pm PT! We ask that you don’t start building new builds at this time, only to finish builds that have already been started. After the thanksgiving build, we will do a quick update show of the 1.10 & 1.11 update before jumping into the holiday build. More details on that build later.

What are YOU thankful for? Is that thing buildable in Minecraft? If so, do that!

Because that’s what this build challenge is about.

Want some keywords to help spruce whatever that is up? Have some: autumn, turkey, stupid-giant cornucopias, maize, thankfulness, over-eating, drowsiness, over-heating, arguments with your relatives, naps, a brisk wind, wistfulness, midlife crises, black friday, hangovers, leftovers, more turkeys (but made of hands instead of turkey), macaroni arts and crafts, terrible school plays, hangovers pt. II, all that pumpkin pie we just finished making, other things made of pumpkins, gourds in general, sigourdney weaver, christmas music, the crucible, football, the winter of our discontent, that dream where you’re flying, turducken, harvest moons, cheesy potatoes, family, or get your degree

HOW TO ENTER

This your first time on the server? Don’t forget to read the rules! If you’re not yet whitelisted, make sure to check out this thread!

If you’ve applied for whitelisting during a previous challenge, you’re good!

TURBO TIPS
    -We’ve got magic villager salesmen hanging out to get you your elytra fix. Enjoy!
    -Is what you’re thankful for more of an idea/not easily representable? Don’t forget to check out those super helpful keywords!
    -Mob griefing and fire spread are off, so no worries about impromptu monster fire-parties!

Stay tuned for possible updates and notifications about showtimes! See you in the challenge!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of DawnHawk
    dawnhawk

I will be joining this build
    I will be doing something very small compared to last build
    Other than that I am up floor gathering supplies for everyone else
    Question, are the mods making the cornucopia or are the turbos?

Profile photo of missblow
    missblow

Any TURBO who would like to tackle the cornucopia is free to do so! But it that doesn’t end up being built, that’s A-OK too!

Profile photo of grimjim666
    grimjim666

Alright im on the sigourdney weaver build no worries i got this.

Profile photo of TimberWulf
    TimberWulf

I was trying to tame a horse that was chilling along the southern edge of the seed and it threw me through the barrier and then I got booted for “Flying is not allowed” XC I can’t get back in!
    SomeMODy Help Me!

Nevermind, I phased my way back through :I

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of TimberWulf TimberWulf.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of TimberWulf TimberWulf.

Hey Guys! I’m just curious if anyone has come across Acacia wood in the world yet? I’ve looked and I haven’t seen it, but there’s a chest for it in the community area so I’m not sure if I’ve just been looking in all the wrong places. If I had to guess, we don’t have an area that can spawn it, but again I may be mistaken.

Profile photo of syretha
    syretha

InfinitySorcerer, I’m at work currently but will inquire about Acacia wood as soon as I can, (if it hasn’t been found by then)

UPDATE:
    Mellisbaker is gonna add some around spawn, thanks be to Mellis

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of syretha syretha. Reason: update

Thanks Mellis and Syretha!

missblow

Looks like the build will be on Sat. Nov. 19th at 1pm PT!

Profile photo of Martin Ellis
    mellisbaker

Please read the update to the thread, thanks!

Profile photo of Jesslb429
    Jesslb429

Oh crud! Things have been so insane that I totally missed the challenge. Definitely gonna bring it for the winter/holiday build(if it’s still happening of course).

Profile photo of bubba145
    bubba145

Hey everyone, i made a ship to be thankful for those who have served. If you want you can post a sign on the ship with the name of those you know who have served to say thank you. The location is 68, 128. There is a chest with signs and sign making material if you need it.

Profile photo of Midolf
    Midolf

Good Job Everybody!

missblow

Great build guys! I’m thankful for ALL of you!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.