The Legend of Zelda WiiU – First Gameplay

Home Forums Video Gaming! The Legend of Zelda WiiU – First Gameplay

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 26 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of BluHawk007
    bluehawk007

THE HYPE IS REAL BOYS.

This looks really good! I’m loving that the world has that Xenoblade feeling of being huge! And the horse vaulting…MMMMMMMM.

Viewing 26 replies - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Thanks for sharing this, I missed the Frash and Beck look at the VGX awards but oh well. Oh, and HOLY CRAPBALLS THAT HAVE BEEN FOREVER DAMNED BY THE DEVIL HIMSELF this game looks sexy and delicious as fuck. Oooooohhhh….. oooohhhh I want it…. ooohhh.

Profile photo of soptheturtle
    soptheturtle

OMG. This game looks so good. Starting to seem more and more like the exploration style of Shadow of the Colossus. That’s what I have been looking for in a console game. Also, Starfox is coming out first? WHAAAT!?

Profile photo of Evanatt
    Evanatt

I like how miyamoto asks “are you sure this is next year?” leading to Aonuma asking miyamoto about star fox, no pressure at all! XD.
    But I hope they aren’t rushing it. It does however look pretty so far :).

bluehawk007

From the video I think this Zelda will continue Skyward Sword’s trend of including more RPG-eqsue elements into the game.

Link can be seen without a hat and with a hood. Possibly equipment or customization?
    There is also a bar below the hearts but in Skyward Sword the bar was a durability bar for the shield – could be the same here.

Also, based on the sail-cloth and the rather unpopulated areas, I have a feeling this might be a direct sequel to Skyward Sword, maybe years into the future.

The speculation, the hype, the Zelda!

Profile photo of Oidisco
    oidisco

A lot of people are complaining about the barren world and admittedly it’s something I’m a little worried about too. That was one of the biggest flaws that Twilight Princess and Wind Waker suffered from, and the footage we saw doesn’t inspire much confidence.
    But having said that, this game still has another year to go. And the initial trailer had a tonne of cool details all over so I’m still hopeful.

Also:

Getting some serious Zelda 1 vibes here. I wonder if it was intentional.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Oidisco oidisco.
    Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

I am not sure there need to worry about barren, but then again, they flashed ahead at points, and I bet that was skiping over intresting things to see, i hope, hehe. Also, I am sure the game will be around sometimes by thankgiving, so that gives they several months still to add in the good touches.

I also like how when riding Epona he mention “real horses wont run into trees to often”

bluehawk007

“real horses don’t run into trees” is gonna become a meme really quickly lol

Personally, I have a feeling they’ll fill the world with more things to do. And, even if they don’t, a world filled with nature isn’t necessarily a bad thing imo.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

While I love Windwaker still, at least the nature is slightly better to look at then ocean, and it be nice to go, “oh what behind that tree” then the”oh water” windwaker had, hehe.

Profile photo of Dundore77
    Dundore77

Glad the world is big and it looks like its shadow of the colossus style where you find the dungeons instead of just having a map marker and a big empty plain in the middle. Hope they add some life to the world though like others said seems kinda empty adding some non aggressive animals would be a nice touch

bluehawk007

Oh, something else I noticed.

Link only has 5 hearts which means we might start with the classic 3 again. Although, I wonder if that means enemies will do full hearts of damage like in Skyward Sword or not. I also really hope the “Hero” mode is unlocked from the beginning.

Also, the world might be empty of hostile life because its the beginning of the game. Like, maybe something happens in the story later on that ends up spawning a bunch of hostile enemies in the world.

Profile photo of Oidisco
    oidisco

@dundore77
    You can see some Horses and Deer running around during the demo.

Profile photo of weckar
    weckar

I’m getting an odd Assassins’ Creed vibe from this footage. Maybe it’s the camera, I don’t know.
    The hud looks nice and minimal, which makes me wish we saw more of what is going on on the tablet.
    I do hope we’re going back to a hyrule with more than one settlement. Skyloft and only Skyloft just didn’t do it for me. I need variety.

Profile photo of soptheturtle
    soptheturtle

@oidisco Your screenshot comparison got me thinking. What if it is a remake/retelling of the first NES Zelda game? I’d love a Zelda game with a second quest in it again!

I also just want to say. This is that NextGen WOW moment I have been waiting for since WiiU/PS4/XBone launched. A game that really just takes your breath away when you look at it. Nothing is gonna stop this hype train for me!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of soptheturtle soptheturtle.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of soptheturtle soptheturtle.
    Profile photo of SkittleE
    SkittleE

The world might look barren, but we gotta’ remember, this is an alpha. They’ve still got a long way to go with it. Also, holy shit, the game is gorgeous. I can’t wait to go find somewhere to sit and stare for several minutes in awe like I did with Xenoblade.

Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

eh, I’ll withhold judgement till I see some more in-depth gameplay.

So…who do you think the conspicuously sexy female companion is going to be this time? Think they’ll ever top Midna?

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

@gingy , I thought Fi was a good one.

Profile photo of Gingy
    Gingy

Yeah Fi was nice…but I wouldn’t hold her up to Midna.

This scene will forever be stuck in my mind.

null

bluehawk007

I was never too huge a fan of Midna when I first played TP…then again, I was at the age where I didn’t even care to read the story.
    Man, I really gotta go back and play TP.

Also, I hope theres special unlocks in the new zelda….I wanna play as Groose.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of BluHawk007 bluehawk007.
    Profile photo of Oidisco
    oidisco

Mahito Yakota did a great job composing the soundtrack to Skyward Sword, but seeing Koji Kondo perform the Song of Healing really really makes me hope he’s more involved in this.

Profile photo of badthoughts
    badthoughts

Definitely should go back and play TP Bluehawk, it’s really good and dark and Midna is pretty awesome dialogue and character-wise.

I think the new gameplay looks beautiful, I’ve got no complaints about barren landscape as of yet but I thought the sea trecking in Wind Waker was the best bit, it made the world seem vast and open. I know it’s become a feature in so many games these days but I still really like that slowdown with the bow too, looks fun.

bluehawk007

The slow down with the bow actually indicates something else about this game: they’re continuing to try to advance and emphasize combat. Thats been a tradition going on for a while now with 3D Zelda games, since Windwaker. And, at the same time as improving the combat, exploration had been getting more linear. (Skyward Sword is a pretty good example. Still a fantastic game imo.)

Now it seems like they’re pushing both exploration AND combat which is a cool thing to do. Makes me wonder if we’ll go from items + 1 sword button to a light and heavy attack + items scenario. I think that would be really cool personally.

One thing I do have to wonder is if this game will have a very cinematic and involved story like Skyward Sword did. I really hope it does – I LOVED how the story was handled in Skyward Sword and it made the game stand out as far more epic than any of the previous titles to me.

Profile photo of weckar
    weckar

I just realized something: When this game comes out it will have been longer since Twilight Princess than it was between Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time. And here I thought TP was the pinnacle and final achievement TLoZ would reach…

…Man I feel old…

Something really cool I recently learned about the next Zelda’s map. When Miyamoto and Aonuma zoomed out the map on the GamePad, we got a (what we believe to be) full view of the world map. However, there’s something familiar about the map… It’s actually directly based on the map from the original Zelda on NES! Of course, it’s not point for point, but the resemblance is strong and easily recognizable. Zelda Wii U Map

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

@awkwardassassin46 there some to suggest that there may be some reference to Twilight princess to in it.

I watch GameXplain talk and pick at some of the stuff shown off in the gameplay. Some intrested stuff notice, and wonder about in it, also.

Man, I love GameXplain.
    So in the timeline, this is definitely right after Skyward Sword and likely before Twilight Princess.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

Well nothing for certain, it fun to guess with info gleam in a trailer and play through.

Viewing 26 replies - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.