Turbo Buddy Maker

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Turbo Buddy Maker

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dmi3 dmi3 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of Dmi3
    dmi3

Hey everyone,
    For the past couple of months I’be been building this little software for all the fans of the show, that I called “Turbo Buddy Maker”. It’s designed to make 3D and 2D Turbo Buddies and its goal is to be very intuitive and user friendly, so that anyone could simply pick it up and start building Turbo Buddies. Now it’s at the stage where I can demo it.

Here is the video (sorry for the boring monotone voice, I’m not good with speeches):

v0.3.0 update – Lights & Materials
    I’m really bad and slow at speech here, sorry about that. I highly recommend watching it at 1.5 speed.

Plans for releases at this point (Sep 5, 2016):
    Alpha build by March 2017
    Beta build couple of months after that
    Release by September 2017

I will finish this program without any support, but if you feel like supporting it, please check out my patreon page, I just created:
    https://www.patreon.com/Dmi3

Here is a quick video that explains what patreon idea is all about:

Please let me know what do you think about it and if you have any suggestions/requests, please post here.

P.S. After this update, I feel like it more belongs in The Bragging Shed. Mods if you feel that way, please move it there, or do I need to moved? if so, could you tell me how?
    Thanks.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Dmi3 dmi3.
    • This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Dmi3 dmi3.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of The Scowler
    TheScowler

This looks awesome!

Profile photo of Ashcraft
    ashcraft

That’s bloody AWESOME! If I had money I’d give you it.

Profile photo of K-16
    K-16

Holy crap that’s amazing! I like the simplified interface.

Profile photo of Cybearman
    cybearman

This is really cool! :D

Profile photo of Dmi3
    dmi3

Hey, it’s been a while, haven’t posted any updates yet, so here is a little sneak peek on the progress:
    – It now supports three types of light casters: point light, directional light and spot light
    – Added support for textures, normal maps and (Frasers favorite) specular maps
    – Rewrote core of the program to support new features and be more optimized for more features that will be added
    – Can render image with GPU (WIP)
    Once I build UI for light and materials controls, I’ll post short video.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Groovy
    Groovy

wow @dmi. At first i thought to myself that I could do everything in this program with Magic Voxel. But now that you have added specular maps and texures this could be really cool. I really like the idea of the bricks and I encourage you too program in more materials to build with like fabrics,metals,and transparent objects like glass and water. Another idea that would completely sell this program is for you to add a view that is the view that Fraser likes the Turbo Buddies to be shown in on the show. overall amazing work A++

Profile photo of Dmi3
    dmi3

Hey Groovy,
    Thank you for feedback!
    The best part about materials, is that I won’t have to pre-program any of it. Anybody will be able to build their own materials with set of textures. Artist will be able to load any images for diffuse, specular, normals and be able to add glow and transparency.
    I also had the idea for camera preset to place it in the correct position and angle for the show, but having it in a separate view, as artist building it is a good idea, I’ve added it to my todo list.
    Here is the picture of properties UI for materials I’m working on right now.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Bepna
    Bepna

I love this! Good work!

Profile photo of Dmi3
    dmi3

Alright! Six months into this project, loving every moment of it!

Here is v0.3.0 update – Lights & Materials.
    I also added it to the top for easy access.
    I’m really bad and slow at speech here, sorry about that. I highly recommend watching it at 1.5 speed.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.