What you looked like as a kid VS What you look like now

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! What you looked like as a kid VS What you look like now

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of badthoughts badthoughts 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I was looking at old pictures of me the other day and it was so weird seeing myself with hair now that I have alopecia. It just looks like a whole other person to me now that I’ve been mostly bald for a decade. Which got me thinking of an idea for a forum topic! Show in the comments below you as a little kid vs you today. Do you look different? Or the same? To start things off I’ll show you mine. One is of me when I was four, and the other is of me now. Don’t worry, I already know I’m hideous so don’t feel the need to tell me ;)

Let the nostalgia commence!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of sagemage
    sagemage
    Blocked

But you are still a kid…

Other than the hair, I can’t see much a difference. And your not hideous, shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.

Never had any family connection, so I don’t have any pictures from when I was a young kid. But I can rest assure, I’ve not really aged. If I were shorter and clean shaven, I could be mistaken for 10-12.

Here’s me:

:)

Profile photo of Urban Banner
    UrbanBanner

@cursivedragon I agree with TheChristmasTree here: You should not knock yourself over. Nothing good comes out of that! And don’t listen to sagemage. Not following that comment with anything further to input to a conversation doesn’t require any minding in the first place.

I however think this concept is neat and I already made comparison picture in the summer, so might just as well share it here with you. Granted I have shortened my hair a bit since the summer, but in 10 – 15 years since my younger pic, I haven’t changed that much, I think.

Attachments:

You guys are so nice! I was half joking when I said that but yeah I kinda tend to make fun of myself about my appearance. Its a bit of a coping mechanism when people tease me I suppose. BUT enough of that sappy crap! @urbanbanner I wouldn’t say you changed THAT much but I do feel it looks very different. You look much more dignified, whatever the hell that means! XD

Profile photo of Urban Banner
    UrbanBanner

Why thank you! :) I guess the “dignified look” is related on growing older. I am ok with that, cause I don’t shun on getting older (at least not yet…). That’s why I like to emphasize how much progress you will go through due time.

Profile photo of soptheturtle
    soptheturtle

I think this is a fun idea. And you’re totally not hideous CursiveDragon. You look pretty cool. Urbanbanner your hair looks way better now than the shorter hair cut in my opinion.

I have an embarrassing pic of me from 20+ years ago that I found while visiting home from the holidays when I was in second grade and could not be separated from my teddy bear I was probably 6 or 7 I think. If I had a pic of me from 8th grade you would swear I haven’t aged a day. :p

Then I took a picture a few days ago of me near a giant thing of diet coke. I would say that I’ve improved. I hope.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of sagemage
    sagemage
    Blocked

Well trully you haven’t changed much at all. And I didn’t mean it in a bad way. Its just that you don’t seem very old to me.

Profile photo of boloneyman
    boloneyman

I’m not sure how old I am in the first picture, but I rocked a mean mullet back then. It was also hard to find a picture of me wearing a shirt back then. I am a pretty pale person, so I have been washed out of many pictures with a flash.

Second one was taken last October during a show I was doing. One of the rare times I don’t have my hair covering my for head. My facial hair doesn’t come in that dark so I darken it for the stage. I’m alright with how I turned out, but I can be really self concise about acne and zits which still hang around a bit.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

Earliest picture I’ve got handy is when I was about 15-16, and the latest I have is when I was 23-24, so less than a decade apart. I’ve basically just grown more facial hair in that period, but it’s what I’ve got at the moment. I’ll see if my mom has anything younger outside of yearbook photos. I think all of my awkward early teen photos have been burned, trust me you don’t want to see those.

Attachments:

@urbanbanner Aw, shucks you all are so nice!

@soptheturtle Don’t be embarrassed! I had a digimon figure I kep’t in my pocket with me at all times until I was about 9! Hell, I still have the thing! Old habits die hard I guess.

@boloneyman That’s so weird! You look EXACTLY like one of my cousins! The only difference is he’s blonde. Guess we have some of the same genes!

@twitchmonkey The goatee! It grows! Its gonna take over the world! XD

Profile photo of missblow
    missblow

Baha, these are fun! I’ll have to find some kid pictures of myself and post a comparison!

Profile photo of Apoc
    apoc

I was such a playboy when I was 6 with my mullet.

Now I’m a Ninja Turtle!

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Evanatt
    Evanatt

10 year old me drawing a red haired lady. Now I am a red haired lady :3

Attachments:
    Profile photo of QuietMouse
    QuietMouse

First picture was taken when I was in Kindergarten, second one is from senior portraits I did a year ago! (My hair is a tad shorter now, though)
    It’s weird to see how much has changed, and how much hasn’t!

Attachments:

@evanatt That hair is kick ass! Ever since I was little I’ve been obsessed with Fire truck red hair. It just looks so cool! I’m so jelly!

@quietmouse Aw, you still have little dimples! :3

Profile photo of soptheturtle
    soptheturtle

@sagemage No worries. I know I still look incredibly young. I got a baby face like you wouldn’t believe for a 28 year old. Just last week I was at the gym and I had someone there ask me what grade I was in. Even with valid ID I’ve been refused lotto tickets and alcohol sales as well so I always gotta bring my passport with me if I’m going to a non-regular place. Even then they scrutinize the heck out of it! lol

Profile photo of AsWolfwood
    AsWolfwood

I don’t have any childhood pictures on my computer, but here’s be compared to 10 years ago

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of AsWolfwood AsWolfwood.
    Attachments:
    Profile photo of evilpun
    evilpun

Well mine is kind of a video and is kind of hard for me to share with people because of the content but screw it, here’s the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iR4TJvsgW0

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of evilpun .
    Profile photo of aeroflash15
    aeroflash15

This is an interesting topic. Some of you guys don’t look as different now compared to your young days.

@cursivedragon Your smile compliments your look quite nicely.

@aswolfwood You look the same, but now you rock a sweet beard!

I have to dig up a pic of me younger self right quick. The quality probably won’t be as good.

@aeroflash15 Funny that you say you like my smile. I hardly ever smile like that because it shows my really crooked teeth. I’ve always hated them. But don’t have the moneys to fix it. :/

Profile photo of aeroflash15
    aeroflash15

Eh, they’re not THAT bad. If it makes you feel better, mines look just as bad.
    Anyway, finally found a photo of me from the first grade (again, sorry about the piss poor quality), and then a selfie I took about half a year ago.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of badthoughts
    badthoughts

Kid me pulling a ludicrous smile with my Big Ted (who I still have and cherish like a prick) and me now. Yeah I grew up into a crossdresser.

Attachments:
Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.