A mystery riddle update

Home Forums Team Fortress AWESOME! A mystery riddle update

This topic contains 163 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  gukingofheart 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I did a little searching and there’s some type of riddle to today’s update.

Valve appears to be hiding the next major thing in this update somehow.

Descriptions of items just added have hints.

“Level 1 Banana Peel
    Where did the banana go? Sit down for this next part, because WE HAVE NO IDEA. Admit it, that’s kind of mysterious.”

Level 1 Plank
    This barn door plank doesn’t look mysterious at all, until you view it at an atomic level. Hey, there’s a horse there next to all those atoms. They’re taking turns riding the horse. Man, how did a horse get there? Pretty darn mysterious.

Level 1 Secret Diary
    Unlike other games we could mention, owning this won’t trigger a sound file narrating secret diary entries. Why? Because we RESPECT THE PRIVACY of our characters. What are they hiding? Truly we live in MYSTERIOUS TIMES.

Level 1 Damaged Capacitor
    How did it get damaged? Who damaged it? What is a capacitor? Better get your tickets ready, because the mystery train is leaving the station. Or did it already leave? Another mystery!

The Damaged Capacitor has 6.22 on it and 1500!

Level Cheese Wheel
    This cheese doesn’t seem so mysterious until you realize it’s full of bullet holes. Somebody got to this cheese before it could talk.

Level 1 Pocket Lint
    Is it fabric lint? Navel lint you’re keeping in your pocket so you don’t lose it? Naval lint brushed from the hull of a battleship? This is pretty mysterious lint.

Level 1 Goldfish
    Does it strike you as mysterious that goldfish are neither MADE OF GOLD or EVEN FISH? Because it should. Also, goldfish ARE fish, we got that part wrong. TO GET YOU OFF THE SCENT!

(Every item desc had an encoded message which all come together to translate this)
    Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such place, and none the wiser.

There’s something coming..but what? Robots? Meet the Pyro? Some ultimate secret mode, item, weapon, etc?

edit: someone thinks 6.22 means 6/22 I don’t know timezones but maybe this thursday-friday there will be some awesome update.

edit2: Trying to collect them all before 6/22. So far I got two bananas and a lint. So that’s 3 possible items as long as someone does a 1 on 1 trading later on.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  .
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Replies

blazios

That poor, poor, Cheese Wheel. Silenced before it could divulge the truth.

karmalkhan

A Valve employee came onto the Facepunch TF2 subforums an hour ago before the update just to ask “Why aren’t goldfish made of gold?”
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1187592&p=36402924#post36402924

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  karmalkhan.

project

The Secret Diary hints at meet the pyro. Would spoil why I think that, but I won’t.

I actually saw the Banana Peel earlier today.

On the OzFur VSH Remake server someone found an item called “TFItem02_Bananapeel”
    We all wondered what it was.

karmalkhan

project:
    The Secret Diary hints at meet the pyro. Would spoil why I think that, but I won’t.

Cause it’s burnt?

destroyox

The Damaged Capacitor has 6.22 on it!
    OH SHIIIIIIII

acethe5th

Someone thinks 6.22 means 6/22..which might make sense.

Also noticed I missed a couple of new items so added them with desc.

I wonder what happens if you try to craft them all together.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  .

destroyox

gukingofheart:

It doesn’t do anything

karmalkhan

gukingofheart:

Currently nothing. There’s been no data added for a recipe.

So, we think that something might happen on Friday? Like, a new update or Meet the Pyro or something?

Something tells me that you’re going to want all of those items, they might be related to some new weapons/hats/misc items or a special unlock.

Things I’ve noticed:

1. Descriptions for the Goldfish, Banana Peel, and secret diary have words written in all caps as if shouting.
    2. Every description except for the one in the Damaged Capacitor has the word “Mysterious” in it.
    3. The Damaged capacitor is the only one to just have the word “Mystery” in it.
    4. The Barn door planking and secret diary are the only items to have scorch marks on them.

Me overthinking things!

Goldfish: Could refer to Australium with the mention of gold. The description does mention “TO GET YOU OFF THE SCENT!” which could hint at a Red Herring, a type of fake clue to throw people off the scent of the truth to a mystery. Could relate to a new hat made by the community?

Damaged Capacitor: Might be hinting at the much rumored TOBOR, and robot boss fights. The numbers on it are 6.22v1500 which might be a hint at a release date?

Pocket Lint: Mentions Naval in the description for some odd reason, perhaps this may be a hint at a new map that takes place at sea?

Cheese Wheel: The company brand of the cheese in the wiki is the same company who supplies the soldier’s supplies. Could relate to the Soldier, maybe the game is saying the Soldier is a cheesy character? May be a big update for him.

Banana Peel: The description mentions the banana is gone, could be a hint at something that disappears, namely the Spy. Might also relate to some comical item.

Barn Door Plank: It mentions atoms and horses, the atoms could be a hint at the new Dr. Grordbort sets as their weapons often mention destroying enemies down to a sub-atomic level and rearranging atoms. Again it is singed which might also relate to their laser weaponry and/or the pyro’s love of burning things.

Secret Diary: The burnt corner makes me think: Secrets of the Pyro, or more specifically: Meet the Pyro. It does take a slight jab at video games using audio logs or items that bring up lore through spoken word (see: Bioshock, Dead Space, Diablo 3).

Just a few days until we find out what this all means, right?

repus

Why is valve so awesome!

They will release crowbar as item. Then week later they will release hl3 on steam without any kind of indication(no featured games/new releases) You only find it by searching it. Week later from that they will have news for everyone “Hl3 was released week ago, you didn’t know? GO GET IT *BUY LINK*”.

My crystal ball told me this.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  repus.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  repus.

I just realized that there is also a huge joke with these items, everybody is going to be asking for these items, everybody is going to be trading for banana peels and pocket lint.

gangstahwezel

I like the way you think Phill ;)

You could be very close to the truth

edit2: the “MADE OF GOLD” could point towards the saxxy awards that still need to be held this year.
    and the “WE HAVE NO IDEA” could point to the medic or the gender of the pyro. The “RESPECT THE PRIVACY” may suggest that we won’t get any details about who or what the pyro is.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  gangstahwezel.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  gangstahwezel.

Wow Phil I totally loved the way you thought this out…be ashamed if you got none correct.

I’m going to get all of these items as fast as I can.
    It will be easier though if people think of them as junk and sell for a scrap since they are dropping big time.

Lt.No0b

Ok i think I’ve got it. The banana peel, the cheese wheel, the barn door plank, and the secret diary are all items that are intended to hold something in. The capacitor actually RESISTS electric currents if i remember how capacitors work. Obviously, when you find pocket lint you find it in a container, YOUR POCKET. And OBVIOUSLY you find a goldfish in a bowl, which is also a container. Now, the lint also references naval, which has to do with water which is where you can also find a goldfish. Naturally, fire is the opposite of water, so the barn door plank and the secret diary both show scorch signs on them. Also, the capacitor is most likely burnt out as well, since its damaged. Now we move onto the barn door, which if the teaser screen shot of the meet the pyro video is anything to go by, that will be the location. So since its on a barn, that is ALSO where they make cheese. So going off of ALL these facts we can come to the conclusion that all of this means… i have no freaking idea. Well obviously i was of a lot of help so with that, No0b AWAAAY!!!

LOL I loved the ending.
    Made me laugh so much!
    Sounded like you were really going somewhere though.

Whoever has the Medic’s “Eliminating the Impossible” set equipped and has those items, there are new descriptions for those items!

Where are these new desc??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KggDTeJzTB4 (0:50) valve is selling soldier statues…maybe has to do with one of these clues?

Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such place, and none the wiser.

acethe5th

Lint: “… the … .hi.h …”
    Plank: “… yea. in, .e.r out …”
    Peel: “… may … .n …”
    Fish: “Thi.k o. …”
    Diary: “… deed. of he.l.sh .rue..y … non. .he w.se..”
    Capacitor: “… such .lace., .a.d …”
    Cheese Wheel: “… go o. … t.e h.dde. .icke..ess …”

The item descriptions.

They actually made that medic set show clues haha what fun.

Here’s the whole line

Taken from here

“Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser.”

illich78

Considering, what you are supposed to use to find the message, it is appropriately a quote from a Sherlock Holmes short story. If there had to be a class update associated with this, I guess you could best (read as least awkwardly) connect the spy to the story, but really, I believe that the story serves as backstory for the Pyro as kid. Even though the boy in the tale isnt the main character, he shows an early sick mind that is only going to get worse based on the events that he is eventually going to have to come to terms with.

plus the little child in the story tortures small animals, a possible lead to the pyro’s love of fire and violence

asdey1

This is strange i have a 3,000 mb update going for tf2 right now while others said they got small updates i think my tf2 is getting the big update early?

asdey1:
    This is strange i have a 3,000 mb update going for tf2 right now while others said they got small updates i think my tf2 is getting the big update early?

I haven’t got another update cept the first one sent out today. I also strangely got two Binding of Isaac updates in the same day as well. Maybe.. It has to do with the Binding of Isaac.

The quote oddly enough fits with Isaac, maybe I’m just being dumb.

Someone thinks each item represents a new class item but that would not make sense since two of the items are rare. Why make a new weapon that’s rare from the start?

dusk

Interesting. Ive been wondering whats going on with undocumented updated in tf2.
    Well lets hope on this week we see something big. i will be intresting to see what there doing. it also the first anniversary for 1 year of tf2 going free to play on june 23. so there might be something big after all.

acethe5th

TF2 has another undocumented update and people are freaking out again :D

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.