Artography Redux – Wool Donation Drive Finished!

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Artography Redux – Wool Donation Drive Finished!

This topic contains 86 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  syretha 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

psepha

ARTOGRAPHY – NOW ON SALE!

Artography maps are now on sale! The alphabet and the arrow maps are up for grabs, and I’ve created a shop to sell them:

The Map Art Store!

It’s located right by the B1 waystation – as soon as you arrive, there are signs to point you in the right direction (it’s about 60 blocks away). Prices can be found inside the store, but will also be updated below.

—–

CURRENT PROJECT: White wool donation drive!

So for both a set of maps I’m currently working on, and for a super secret project afterwards, things are getting bigger. I’m making some 2×2 maps, so I need white canvases – four in total. I’ve got enough wool for one, but that leaves the remaining three, so any white wool you guys can spare would be greatly appreciated! (I need about 750 stacks!!!).

UPDATE! The donation drive is over! There’s been an amazing response, so thank you everyone who donated – I’ve got all the wool I need for now :D

—–

PRICE LIST:

ALPHABET – includes letters and a blank “space” map, sold individually or as a full alphabet set

FULL ALPHABET SET (26 letters plus a blank “space”)
    Iron price: 15 iron blocks (135 ingots)
    Diamond price: 22 diamonds

NUMBERS – Includes the numbers 0-8. The 6 can be rotated to create a 9.

FULL NUMBER SET (9 maps)
    Iron price: 5 iron blocks (45 ingots)
    Diamond price: 9 diamonds

PUNCTUATION – includes the following symbols: . , : ; ! ? ‘ ” _ / % & ( + – =
    Note: The bracket symbol can be rotated in the frame to provide the other bracket.

FULL PUNCTUATION SET (16 symbols)
    Iron price: 9 iron blocks (81 ingots)
    Diamond price: 14 diamonds

ARROWS – sold individually, cardinal and ordinal directions available.

All of the above maps (letters, numbers, punctuation and arrows can be bought individually for the following prices:
    Iron price: 6 iron ingots
    Diamond price: 1 diamond

Screenshots of all maps for sale can be found below.

FAQ

Q. Can you make a map of…
    A. Maybe! Put a post below and I can consider it. I’ve already got quite a long list of requests forming though… :P

Q. I bought the Alphabet in Old World – do I get a discount on the New World Alphabet?
    Well, I haven’t actually set prices in the new world yet, but the most likely answer is… no. Wait wait, hear me out, I have reasons!
    Going off the Old World collection and prices, the full alphabet set cost 128 iron (or 10 diamonds, but most people paid in iron). Now, that wasn’t priced to make much in the way of profit, and here’s why:
    – The actual map item costs 4 iron (plus 1 redstone and 8 paper) to make. To make 26 maps, that’s 104 iron (plus redstone and paper).
    – The profit on that is 24 iron. That’s less than 1 iron ingot of profit per map. Now factor in tool usage (and that’s a bigger concern, now that they’re made of wool) – iron for shears, tools to dig out canvases, etc…
    I just about get enough iron back from sales to cover the costs of making the maps, so unfortunately there’s no real room for a discount. BUT, that’s not to say I don’t love you guys, and so there will be an added bonus this time around – the alphabet set will now contain 27 maps, as I’ll include a blank tile to function as a space.

Q. Will you replace every map you made on Old World?
    A. Quite probably not, at least not a direct copy. In some cases, it’s not worth it, and better to move on to new things. In other cases, I’ve learned a lot and can instead make a much better version. The current priorities for Old World maps are the Alphabet, arrows, numbers and at least some punctuation, and then we can see where we go from there.

Q. Can the font for the alphabet be Comic Sans?
    NO!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  psepha.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by  psepha.
    • This topic was modified 5 years ago by  psepha.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by  psepha.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  psepha.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  psepha.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 26 replies - 61 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Karlsvognen

Will the maps refresh to show how a place looks in the future or stay as they are when made?

psepha

As long as the map is not brought back to the mapsite, it will remain as it is when it was originally made. I’ve actually built all of these maps in exactly the same place. :)

It’s a little bit risky, since if one copy of the map gets updated, ALL copies of that same map are updated – but I keep separate backups of every map, and besides it’d just be far too much landspace to make them all as permanent builds.

FATECreator

Well Psepha , I’ve come up with a bit of an idea for a series that’ll probably make use of one of your canvas’s-for now I wish to keep it a bit of a secret, but it’s a tad noticeable for the current project.

Karlsvognen

I am unsure if I would be likely to use the letters myself, they might be a good investment if limited edition. Do you ask people to not coppy maps they get?

psepha

@karlsvognen Nah, people can make as many copies as they like once they buy one copy of the map. All I ask is that people don’t distribute them to other people, and sure as hell don’t start SELLING them to other people (we’ve had that issue before, lol).

It’s like you get a license for use, but not for distribution. :D

@fatecreator A series? Are we talking long term usage?

Karlsvognen

Alright. May I ask if you could reveal how you center maps and how many blocks it usually takes for you? I want to try making some Mondrian paintings.

psepha

@karlsvognen A standard map is 128×128 blocks. Centering… well, they sort of snap to a grid – so the question isn’t about centering, it’s about where the borders are. The best thing to do is just find the place you want to make your map, and then use the map there – that’ll reveal the area it covers and where on the world-grid you are, and you can use it to find the outer edges of the map. :)

KRSD

Just adding onto what Psepha said, from what I’ve read the center that the map will snap to will be a multiple of 128 for the x and z. This is also what I’ve experienced for my maps. Find some coords that can be divided evenly by 128 and that will be a center. It’s alright if you aren’t standing exactly on the spot because it will snap to the closest multiple (meaning if you want to piece two maps together of 128×128 size, you just need to move over 65 blocks and make a new one for the next piece).

psepha

First post has been updated with prices for punctuation and numbers! :D

psepha

Okay, so I’m starting to work through my backlog of map requests at the moment, but while I do, thought I’d get some input on a future map…

I’m thinking about making a PC screen. I see a lot of builds with paintings used to simulate this, so I thought it could be handy to have a PC monitor map to use for this. As such, what kind of computer screen do people want?

I could do a traditional windows background (taskbar, maybe an open window, icons, etc), or I could do a black screen with green text (like the matrix!) or a BSOD… tell me what you guys think. :D

KRSD

Personally, if I were to use a PC in a build, I’d want one of three: DOS, BSOD, or Pong. Getting the blocks to show up on DOS in such a way that they look like words (or at least blurry ones) might be too much to ask for, though.

yo4you

How about a browser window watching VGA (yeah probably hard to make that look good but heck it’s an idea)

psepha

Yeah, probably way too small for that I expect… but I can have a look

psepha

And suddenly:

He's always watching.

thewildcat

Well, I’m going to make a request that I’ve been thinking about for a while. I need some custom lettering. There’s no rush on this as I am no where near ready to start work on the park.

But I would like to request custom letters for the entrance logo of my theme park “Five Flags”. I’d like something along the lines of the original Six Flags Over Texas logo scene here : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/76/Six_Flags_over_Texas_Original_Logo.jpg

Basically, I just need the letters A, E, F, G, I, L, S, and V. Enough to spell out Five Flags. I can use the regular alphabet for the Over Minecraft Awesome part. And I have wool designs of various sizes for the actual flags. But I would love to see something more identifiable for the actual name Five Flags.

I had in mind white letters with a red outline on a white field but that may be too big for a map even. Just something stylized would be good and very much appreciated.

Like I said, I’m far from working on the park yet, so no hurry either.

As for the computer screens, I plan to make a large lan for one of my builds, so I can use any screens that you make and all of the ones people have already listed. So my vote is just “go to town”. Do whatever you feel like doing. I’ll bye as many as I can of whatever.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  thewildcat.

psepha

@thewildcat Well I’ve got a few maps in progress at the moment (got a few requests to catch up on, lol), but when I’ve cleared a few more off the books, sure I can do that!

If there’s a particular design of letter you’d like, let me know (or give an example of the font) and I’ll be more than happy to plot something out for you when I can. Or I can mimic the actual font of Six Flags. The more detail you can give me the better :D

thewildcat

For the font I would like something like the attached image or a mimic of the actual six flags logo. The attached image is the font “DAMN NOISY KIDS”. I want something in two tone white and red with a red outline that will seem themepark-orineted.

Attachments:

psepha

Careful, it’s hot!

@psepha Holy crap that’s awesome.

psepha

Thank you! :D

Got two of these up on display now in hub (with permission) on the nether portal :D

I’ll be making more for other types of warning too

psepha

Well, I’m going to be offline for a few days while I move house, so I won’t be available on the server – but I’ll try and keep an eye on the forums, so if you’ve got a request or suggestion keep these coming!

Oh, and one last thing while I’m gone…

Watch out for mobs. ;)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  psepha.

psepha

White Wool Donation Drive!!!

I need white wool, and LOTS of it! About 750 stacks of it. I’m working on some really big map projects, and any help would be massively appreciated, and there’s donation chests outside the map shop at B1 if anyone can donate. :)

First post updated too.

psepha

The donation drive is over, I’ve got all the white wool I need now! Thank you everyone who donated, the response has been amazing – you guys rock harder than any have rocked before. :D

daftraider

Signs looking good Psepha :D

Ghostbusters

yo4you

Made some Attack on Titan themed maps and felt like being a show-off. (in hub chests if anyone wants to make a copy)

Also, bumping a year old thread :P

Attachments:

syretha

I would like to order the letters:
    A and M

the number:

as well as an Exclamation Mark (!)

Please and Thank you

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  syretha.
Viewing 26 replies - 61 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.