Community List

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Community List

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  dehietyi 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

KRSD

Hey all. So as most people that have been on the past two days know, I’m putting a list together of the Open or Closed communities on the server. This hopefully will help new people find a home somewhere they like, as well as help community leaders get more people without having to make forum posts and such. The information from it will be given to Acethe5th and he’ll add the data to his current stickied Community Locations post, so that everything is all in one place.

It’ll be noted that Open, unless otherwise stated, means talking to community leaders before joining and adhering to the community rules, of course. Closed means not Open for joining or that it is a Private residence or something along those lines, but people can visit, unless someone says otherwise.

UPDATE: This topic has spawned the Minecraft Awesome Wikia, with much thanks to Euske. If people would like to know more about the communities / residences, Projects, and Events, as well as the server in general, go there and check it out. Updates about the wikia itself have also been going into this topic (see Euske and Soghog’s posts further down), though you can PM either Euske or myself with any questions if you’d rather do that (most people have been). Please keep in mind that it is a work-in-progress, though are working on it daily to help players, both new and old, with any questions they might have about the Minecraft Awesome Server.

This is the current list I have of Open communities, so let me know if a change needs to be made and whether you want the link in the list or not:

B.E.N. City Open — Jarek Grimlock, DarkAvenger05, or Grandal

Dat Der Island (DDI) Open — Sammy7s7 or Hadesbane

Edge Open — Acevil, Doctors_Tardis

Empyrean Open — Soghog

Epsilon Team Open — Azurillkirby or man_of_pac

Fantasy-related community Open — fond3ll

Fight Land Open — Anarchyfever

Historia Open — Luckysimon

Lana Fundamentalis Open — Luisbuceta or Grungeman

Neo Japan Open — GhostxDragon, Spacerider40, Sailor_MoonXD, otakudan1988

New Jaynestown Open — jayne_cobb / runner26

Oasis, Skywalk, and Hamilport Open — Meguzara, Larmo_the_weird, Hamilton6787 or SithlordSolid

PiPiRiis Open — carell34 or R0b0teddy

Psephopolis Open — Psepha
    *Kind of open now, but would like some things in place before being labeled as a green-lit Open community (right?)

Pumpkin Harbor Open — Khroal

Renimar Open — darkgryphon42, Kota90

Sativae Open — Anchovis, Azid909, bnz0

Saull Village Open — Grimjim666

Shiro Open — Zaccaro or Neverpleased

Star Enterprises Open — condemned15, DRAGOONZERO

Sticky port Open — Skandal83

Still Random Open — Pdw2kx

Summer Isle Open — floydan131

Tavern Open — xenxander

Tortuga Open — Dehietyi

Trollrend Open — Luckysimon

Vilefang Open — Intelligamer / nightmareiris

—————————————————————————————
    These are the communities I found posts for, but they were somewhat old and I have not heard back about their status. If the leaders see this post, please let me know.

Magician’s Valley Unknown Status — Zeek Furosuto

Weiswald Unknown status — chaos7theory
    ——————————————————————————-

And that is all of the list. I have the Closed and Dead communities as well written down, but there really isn’t a point in knowing that if one is looking for a place to join. Phew. If something needs changing, just say so. I had a lot of people to talk to, so some information may have gotten mixed up somewhere. Those with links, please check them and verify that they are the topic you’d like to use. You do not need a linked topic, though, so you can just say you don’t want to use that one because of how outdated it is. If you want to make a new topic, we’ll link to that one instead, but for where it is possible please simply edit the linked topic (some shouldn’t be or else it will be confusing) to avoid flooding the front page of the forums with community posts. Thanks for the help, everyone.

EDIT: If your community is NOT on this list and you would like it to be so, feel free to post a response as well. I got the list from Acethe5th “community leader” section, as well as forum topics and some recent posts in the Community Locations topic, so I wouldn’t know about it if it wasn’t any of those (and I may have missed some anyways).

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  KRSD. Reason: Added bit about missing communities
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  KRSD. Reason: Shortened List, updated info, Added paragraph about the wikia
Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies

zaccaro

Good work KR, Could you ask one of the Forum-boys to place this as a sticky so it will stay up? Your work on this is impeccable and this seems easy enough to update from time to time.

KRSD

zaccaro:
    Good work KR, Could you ask one of the Forum-boys to place this as a sticky so it will stay up? Your work on this is impeccable and this seems easy enough to update from time to time.

Thanks =)
    The idea is that once I get these things verified (or however many will be by tonight or tomorrow) Acethe5th will edit this post with the Open communities and their possible links so that all of the information is gathered in one place. So it will be stickied, yes =) Also, it will be neater / cleaner since the final list will exclude the comments I have for the leaders and, well, most of the words written.

Glad to see something like this. Hopefully, Vilefang will become a cool place now ;..;

euske

KRSD, thanks for the great work!

However, I still think a wiki is a better way for this kind of task. Forum threads are great for accommodating discussions and updates, but for organizing and archiving information a wiki is better in its ease of access. The downside is that it takes a bit to learn how to edit articles, but if you’re maintaining it for a long time it is worthwhile.

So I went ahead and create a wiki page.

http://minecraftawesome.wikia.com/wiki/Minecraft_AWESOME_Wiki

I just (shamelessly) pasted your info onto these pages. If you like this idea, let me know your Wikia username so that I can make you an admin.

KRSD

Very nice idea. My Wikia username is KRSD as well, and I do plan on maintaining it. I was actually thinking about how to get pictures and other information for the communities without flooding Ace’s post, so the wiki would be a great service.

euske

Done. You should be able to do all administrative tasks now, so check it out. I’m not much of a writer (at least in English) so I will focus on formatting and tidying-up stuff. I’d like to invite other users for editing too. Also, although this wiki is not officially endorsed by VGA, having a Mod as an admin would be nice so that they can have an overall idea about what’s going on there.

soghog

@euske I had no idea this wiki existed. Do you mind if I link/borrow information for the VGA fan wiki? Many of our minecraft articles haven’t been updated in ages. If it helps, I could set it up where the fan wiki only broadly covers the server, while we link to articles on your wiki for more specific information.

KRSD

soghog:
    @euske I had no idea this wiki existed. Do you mind if I link/borrow information for the VGA fan wiki? Many of our minecraft articles haven’t been updated in ages. If it helps, I could set it up where the fan wiki only broadly covers the server, while we link to articles on your wiki for more specific information.

Sog, I think Euske set it up today just for the community list I was putting together, so its no wonder you didn’t know about it. I Was talking to someone in the Minecraft server earlier about the same thing you just mentioned: FFSwiki has articles about the Minecraft server, though they’re mostly show-related topics. The more in-depth details about the server could go on this Wiki, such as communities, large-scale projects, server events, etc. We could link back-and-forth as needed. I’ve got a lot to mess with this weekend, but I’m going to try to flesh the wiki out after doing the pages currently there.

Euske, thanks for the help. I don’t mind writing the articles at all. Some leaders have already contributed their own information to their Wiki pages it seems as well (Epsilon, by Kirby, and jaynestown by jayne_cobb), so that helps as well.

euske

soghog:

That’s exactly my idea. I initially thought I could use the VGA fan wiki, but the show has already enough topics other than Minecraft. I was afraid of adding further confusion and clutteredness as there would be many MC-related articles (or article stubs) mixed up with the existing non-Minecraft pages. So I thought it would be better to create a separated wiki for Minecraft stuff only. The two wikis probably have a different editor/update cycle so I think this separation is preferred.

soghog

Fine with me; if you want to see what information we already have to add to the minecraft wiki, I have a list right here. Most of the completed/relevant articles are related to build challenges, but I had always intended to at least catalogue communites and other things.

http://ffsfan.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Minecraft_Awesome

Some articles aren’t completely related to the server itself like “Gold in My Teeth”, but you get the idea. There’s some good information on the old world related articles, though.

KRSD

Sog, when I get to fleshing out the wiki, if I come across info that should be on one of the pages on FFSwiki (if something needs updating), I’ll edit it there as well.

soghog

Okay, though I am considering cleaning out some pages that may be more appropriate for the minecraft wiki than the ffs wiki. The Build challenges and main article are staying as they’re directly related to the show, but stuff like The Hub and some of the community lists would be better on the minecraft wiki. I’ll let you guys decide how best to organize things on your end.

grimjim666

You can mark Saul as open and fit for use, if there are any new people wanting to join Saul i need to know about it though because il have to let them know Saul is medieval/fantasy theme, i know the last thing Red and Gremz were going where fixing up the grounds (possibly for more farms) So i shall need to make an area for new people. Trying to get a little RPG story of what happend to the founders lol so anyone wants to put input, add to or just build something cool id be cool with that :D
    *as you read this you are succumb to an overwhelming desire to visit saul….something calls you.* XD

Creeper Corners shall no longer be a dead community, time for me to get it up and running again like it used to be! >:D

KRSD

iamcstlecrshrs:
    Creeper Corners shall no longer be a dead community, time for me to get it up and running again like it used to be! >:D

Send Blunderbuss a PM about you taking on that role, as he was the previous leader and would probably like to know. He is active enough to read PMs on here, thankfully, and he might not mind someone else trying to breathe life back into CC. Just keep in mind that even if they’re gone, you still can’t break their stuff, in case they come back (since this topic was created, some other communities that have been inactive have also tried to get back into MC / new leaders have popped up).

Yay I have a post for the current Renimar info now! http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/renimar-updated-community-info/

Thanks again for your help, KR. =)

fond3ll

My community is open. Anyone who wants to join can read this thread and sign up:

http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/new-fantasy-community/

dehietyi

@krsd I added to the Tortuga wiki. I’ll probably do some more work to it as time goes on.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.