New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

This topic contains 168 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  avotas 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

avotas

Welcome to the first Empyrean Alliance Build Challenge. This challenge is open to anyone, regardless of their community’s membership, as we unlock a key component to Empyrean’s future … The N.E.T! The N.E.T. stands for New Empyrean Transit, and will feature state-of-the-art mass transportation to all communities connect to the Empyrean alliance. Our community architects have been drawing up plans for this marvel of the modern age, our miners have been busy acquiring materials, and now we find ourselves ready to push forward and into the future.

As it turns out, the future starts with a hole. A big hole. So starting TONIGHT a site located at [2213,-45] was marked off and made ready for construction to start. All we need for you to do is dig, and hollow out a hole in earth and stone approximately 16 blocks wide, 26 blocks long and 26 blocks deep. A template will be provided on the ground so this can be done at any time regardless if I am online or not.

It’s that simple!

Chests for storage of dirt and stone as well as coal, wood, and food have been provided. Let’s try to get this hole finished no later than Friday the 7th so we can start laying the ground work for our trains.

Useful Threads:
    Join The Empyrean Alliance!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/join-the-empyrean-alliance-new-map/
    Join The Capital City of Empyrean!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/the-capital-city-of-empyrean/
    New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/empyrean-alliance-build-event-n-e-t/

Best Regards,
    Avotas

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.
Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

avotas

@nara @theimpossibleman Hi. I went ahead and ran tracks to Justitia.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.

avotas

@lordofenigma You know your build better than any of us. The area looks good to me … I assume it’s going to be a subway?

@lordofenigma – You can build your station anywhere and anyway you want. There are not a lot of finish builds yet right now, so there is plenty of space to pick and choose. (Also choose if you want the rails underground or above ground) After you, I have to continue eastward to Theta Squad before turning south to Hammerhead Harbor and Empyrean Penn Station to complete the Capital Line loop.

@jimbojj26 Excellent. Just remember you have 2 Rail Lines coming, The Main Line and the Way Line. So make sure the build is big enough for both.

@avotas Excellent.

jimbojj26

@theimpossibleman – It’ll have a cross-section up to about 30 by 30 blocks so size shouldn’t be an issue.

lordofenigma

@theimpossibleman Ok. Just wanted to be sure. I’ll have the rails go underground.

@avotas True. Though this was more of question about convenience of building the rails.

avotas

@Everyone

Minecart rental/return stations have been setup at the Waypoint and Penn Station. These are not mandatory, but if you want one let me know here and I will add one.

-Avotas

nara

Thanks, avotas, this is a lot more convenient than travelling by foot ;)

jimbojj26

@theimpossibleman I’ve finally gotten the area for my station leveled out and the exact position finalized. Before I start building I just want to be sure about a few things. For two rail lines, a 40 by 40 station should be more than sufficient, correct? Also, if the rail comes in at Bridge-Level, as you described as one of the options, how high would that be? I’m going to start construction tonight so I may go ahead and clear this up with you then. See you on the server!

-Jimbo

@lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

It was brought to my attention by Avotas that Red Riven University wants in on the N.E.T. resulting in a change in the route patterns, since the Community is west of Justitia. After going through the map, I redrew the routes and now, all lines will be 4 Blocks wide. So Communities will not have to worry about making their stations large for 2 Routes, except for Empyrean, Hillside, and Dungeon Ruin. This will help save on resources and trackage.

So this is what the new proposed alignment will look like, barring anymore invitations from Avotas to other Communities.

Northern Line (Orange) – Theta Squad —> Dungeon Ruins —> The Barrens

Capital Line (Blue) – Hammerhead Habor —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Waystation-e6 —> Justitia —> Red Riven University

Way Line (Green) – New Equestria —> Willowbrook Transportation Center(Hillside) —> Hillside(Name Pending) —> Waystation-f6 —> Mobius Alpha

Main Line (Red) – Dungeon Ruin —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Trinity Castle —> Hillside(Name Pending)

Plans for Shore Line are Cancelled.

Again, barring anymore invitations changing the route patterns, all but 3 stations should be built to handle only 1 Rail Line. If you wish to build your stations for potential multiple rail lines, you are free to do so.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for choosing New Empyrean Transit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Thanks again for all the hard work.

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

Okay everyone listen up, It was brought to my attention from Giammod that Hub is near his Red Riven University. I took a walk and it is pretty nearby. I want to bring the Capital Line there, but in order to that, I would have to ask the Mods permission. However, it may take more than asking permission. I feel to increase out chances of the doing the impossible by bringing the N.E.T. to Hub, I would like to encourage all of you when building your N.E.T. stations to use materials from the New World and not from the Old World when RPG Month ends. We have rails there and we’ll use that to lay tracks, but the buildings, tunnels, bridges, and other structures should come from materials in the New World. I think if do that by showing hard work and not shortcuts with Old World material, it could help convince the Mods to let the N.E.T. come to Hub. Something we could earn for our efforts.

Let’s show them we have skills, every one. :)

avotas

@theimpossibleman Sorry, I think that idea just lacks steam ImpossibleManX. If your intent is to show your wiliness to “go the extra mile” limiting construction to new blocks doesn’t demonstrate that. The old blocks were mined exactly the same way as the new blocks, they are no more special or unique as anything else in the game. The main problem you’re going to run into is what amounts to a free and open community portal system that is being implemented in HUB. Why would a player choose a 5-10 min minecart ride, with multiple stops, when you can teleport to a populated community instantly?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  avotas.

@avotas

Sorry, I think that idea just lacks steam ImpossibleManX. If your intent is to show your wiliness to “go the extra mile” limiting construction to new blocks doesn’t demonstrate that. The old blocks were mined exactly the same way as the new blocks, they are no more special or unique as anything else in the game.

Actually it does demonstrate that. Regardless of whether they were mined legit or mine modded in the Old World, they were mined and hoarded with the intent of making builds easy to construct in the New World, a shortcut, indirectly if not directly. It’s not wrong or against the rules, but I would have thought fellow Minecrafters would like a little creative challenge for themselves. After all its just an encouragement, not a direct order. It isn’t mandatory.

The main problem you’re going to run into is what amounts to a free and open community portal system that is being implemented in HUB. Why would a player choose a 5-10 min minecart ride, with multiple stops, when you can teleport to a populated community instantly?

Why not? Who says they won’t or can’t ride a rail out of HUB? You? The point of the chance of getting to build the N.E.T. to Hub, whether it is used or not, is to demonstrate how far the system can reach throughout the Server. That in and of itself is a great feat. Not many Commuter Rail builds can pull something like that off. The only thing that would prevent the expansion from happening are the Mods themselves saying “No”, and that is all right if it happens. But if we want to be serious about pulling this feat off, we need to get the Mods permission, and they have very high standards to give such exceptions for something like this. So I just feel that we should demonstrate that we can challenge ourselves in what we build out of the N.E.T. and not rely too much on Old World materials for an easy out, in order to convince the Mods we can build a station in Hub.

If Red Riven University had came to us earlier in the RPG Month, the challenge would already have been their because we would not have had access to the Old World materials. But now that we reach the end of the month and new opportunities are presenting themselves NOW, like Red Riven University getting the N.E.T., I feel like there could be a missed opportunity for all of us in the Alliance to show what we can do with just the New World materials that is grand and awesome.

Yeah, we can do what you want and use Old World materials, its still fine and everything, its legit, but I just feel we will lose that uniqueness the N.E.T. could have carried compared to other builds for the rest of this Server’s lifespan.

So yeah, I have no problem scrapping this idea. Let’s go finish the N.E.T.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Well keep in mind I am only one voice.Its just my 2 cents.

@avotas Well it is an open forum, everyone can share their 2 cents. ;)

jimbojj26

I think what Avotas mentioned earlier is a fair point, that some people would prefer to use the portals over rails because they are quicker. However, for a long time, even before the new World came about, I looked at rail systems as interesting projects. They’re not simply a utility, but a challenge and something to be proud of when complete.

Also, if two communities are willing to allow a rail connection to be put up between them, it shows a good degree of cooperation. It makes the various communities feel more like one. I remember at one point on the Show about a month or so ago, Fraser mentioned that in the early days of the Server, he was afraid that the rise of separate communities would divide the greater VGA community too much. But it’s projects like this that eliminate that fear, and that’s pretty cool. If we can get the go ahead from the Mods to build to Hub, I think we should do it.

Just thought I’d add my two cents as well. ^^

-Jimbo

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  jimbojj26.

avotas

*nods* It’s not to say the rail system doesn’t have merit. Not every community will qualify for a portal, or even request one, and rail does serve as a unifying source as well as increasing traffic to places people would not normally go. My main objection was making this a first tier system of transport by connecting it to Hub.

UPDATE:

The Capital Line has reached Red Riven University leaving Hammerhead Harbor as the last station to be built on the line. Congratulations to Giammod on a job well done.

Main Line: Dungeon Ruins —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Trinity Castle —> Hillside (Station Name Pending)

The “North” Line (Line Name Pending): Theta Squad —> Dungeon Ruins —> The Barrens

Capital Line: Red Riven University (Active) —> Justitia-Courthouse (Active) —> Waystation-e6 (Active) —> Empyrean Penn Station (Active) —> Hammerhead Harbor

Way Line: Mobius Alpha —> Waystation-f6 —> Hillside (Station Name Pending) —> Willowbrook Transportation Center —> New Equestria

RPG Month is nearing the end and we got a lot of areas to reshape for the N.E.T. Looking forward to finishing this project up.

avotas

Woot! That is a long ride out to school, but a nice one! Good job =)

n7deltaforce

As a member of Hammerhead Harbor, I would like to help finish the capital line of the N.E.T. Is there anything you need from me (rails, construction, etc)? I have plenty of my own private resources that could come in handy if needed.

avotas

@n7deltaforce Do yo have a station yet? That will be step one, to find a place for the train to run.

-Avotas

n7deltaforce

I’m going to say not sure, just because I have no idea if this is supposed to be it. @sandoras or @vatrix might know if that’s the station.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sandoras

@n7deltaforce Sven gave that job to Vatrix actually.. So you gotta ask him

GiamModified

the line from RrRU didn’t look so long from looking at the world map it’s long enough to get you the achievement so anyone who hasn’t gotten that yet just ride the line from RrRU to Justicia I used to go there on foot because Justicia is next to a swamp, sure it took a lot of steaks to and back but it didn’t seem like such a great distance.
    Also don’t know if you noticed but I added a minecart return and dispenser to the RrRU station

avotas

@giammodified Your welcome to use my cart return system (seen on waypoint e6 and penn station) if you like or I can build it for you for the cost of materials. (10 iron)

n7deltaforce

I have confirmed that the photo I posted earlier is the station

GiamModified

I meant I already added the cart return system

avotas

@n7deltaforce Ok I will cruse over there and take a look.

avotas

@n7deltaforce I suggest you connect at 2198,42,-91 (x,y,z). Coming from the north and heading south is probably best so you might want to turn someplace out under the ocean. My tunnel is 3 wide and and 4 blocks high but yours can be any size. I will come back and help dig later on.

-Avotas

avotas

@theimpossibleman Impossible, the rough tunnel connecting Hammerhead Harbor has been dug. I’m going to let @n7deltaforce finish it off with whatever theme / decorations he wants then it’s time to lay down some track. We have enough powered rail, but might be short on actual track. We are also low on iron (some silly bird used it all!) so it might need to wait until the old map becomes available.

-Avotas

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.