New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

This topic contains 168 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  avotas 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

avotas

Welcome to the first Empyrean Alliance Build Challenge. This challenge is open to anyone, regardless of their community’s membership, as we unlock a key component to Empyrean’s future … The N.E.T! The N.E.T. stands for New Empyrean Transit, and will feature state-of-the-art mass transportation to all communities connect to the Empyrean alliance. Our community architects have been drawing up plans for this marvel of the modern age, our miners have been busy acquiring materials, and now we find ourselves ready to push forward and into the future.

As it turns out, the future starts with a hole. A big hole. So starting TONIGHT a site located at [2213,-45] was marked off and made ready for construction to start. All we need for you to do is dig, and hollow out a hole in earth and stone approximately 16 blocks wide, 26 blocks long and 26 blocks deep. A template will be provided on the ground so this can be done at any time regardless if I am online or not.

It’s that simple!

Chests for storage of dirt and stone as well as coal, wood, and food have been provided. Let’s try to get this hole finished no later than Friday the 7th so we can start laying the ground work for our trains.

Useful Threads:
    Join The Empyrean Alliance!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/join-the-empyrean-alliance-new-map/
    Join The Capital City of Empyrean!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/the-capital-city-of-empyrean/
    New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/empyrean-alliance-build-event-n-e-t/

Best Regards,
    Avotas

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  avotas.
Viewing 30 replies - 61 through 90 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

avotas

@n7deltaforce take as much glowstone as you need from Fort Empyrean for the glass tunnel. It’s in BaggageLizards Trading Post.

n7deltaforce

@avotas I actually have a lot of glowstone, so that won’t be necessary. Also, I have 1 1/2 stacks of iron blocks + 41 rails if @theimpossibleman does end up needing more tracks or additional mine carts. I’m also going to make the mine cart rental system at the Hammerhead Harbor port.

avotas

@n7deltaforce Sweet =)

@avotas I’m bringing over half a stack of Iron over from Hillside. It’s not much, but hopefully we can get this line finish before RPG Month officially ends. We need to celebrate this occasion.

n7deltaforce

@avotas and @theimpossibleman the decorating inside of the tunnel is complete (so many bricks!). You are clear to add the rails.

@n7deltaforce – Excellent.

avotas

@theimpossibleman and @n7deltaforce Your rail is in place. The station at Hammerhead was built backwards (incoming and outgoing was reversed) so I corrected it. All your extra supplies are in your mailbox N7.

-Avotas

avotas

It takes 00:05:30:73 to travel the entire Capital Line route one way! That covers about 3,500 blocks.

-Avotas

@ Avotas – Woooo, 3.5 km, baby! And that is just one rail line. We are awesome. Also I am reading that as 5 hrs 30 mins. XD

Congratulations Hammerhead Harbor on a job well done.

All Signage and SGS Launchers should be proper and good.

1 Line down… 3 to go.

n7deltaforce

If you ever need help to finish the other lines, just let me know. My resources will greatly increase after RPG-Month.

@n7deltaforce – Yeah we’re gonna need all the help we can get building the other three lines from as far north as Dungeon Ruins to as far far south as New Equestria. We have lots of blocks to cover.

Hopefully, everyone got their stations built when we arrive so we won’t mess their areas up.

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

After making all proper signage and SGS adjustments on all Stations to meet N.E.T. Standards, I am please to announce that New Empyrean Transit’s Capital Line is fully functional and fully operational. Big thanks to all Communities involved on this line for making this possible, and a job well done. Ya’ll did great.

So this is the current status:

Fully Operational: Capital Line – Red Riven Redstone University —> Justitia-Courthouse —> Waystation-e6 —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Hammerhead Harbor

Next Line Build: Main Line – Dungeon Ruins —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Trinity Castle —> Hillside (Name Pending, Junction Switch to Way Line) —> Willowbrook Transporation Center (Concurrent with Way Line) —> New Equestria (Concurrent with Way Line)

Second Line Build: Way Line – New Equestria (Concurrent with Main Line) —> Willowbrook Transportation Center (Concurrent With Main Line) —> Hillside (Name Pending, Junction Switch with Main Line) —> Waystation-f6 —> Mobius Alpha.

Third Line Build: “North” Line (Name Pending) – The Barrens —> Dungeon Ruins —> Theta Squad

Concurrency – The Main Line and the Way Line will share tracks between Hillside(Name Pending) and New Equstria rather than have riders jump out of the minecarts to transfer Lines. Riders will have access to a lever that will switch the rails to the appropriate line at Hillside(Name Pending) Station.

So that is going to be the plan when RPG Month is over. Until then, enjoy riding the Capital Line.

@avotas @theimpossibleman
    Okay, sorry for the delay. I was almost finished with my train station last week, but fleshy world stuff happened. The station is above ground at x:1948, z:-644. I would like the tracks to run underground and have already started digging out a subway tunnel. I’ll make it look pretty some other time :p. Let me know where you would like the tunnel to turn toward Dungeon Ruins and I’ll help dig out the rest of it when I can. Also let me know if there’s a problem with the way I’ve set things up and I’ll adjust it, or feel free to do so yourself.

Thanks for all the hard work guys. This transit system will definitely make things easier.

@barrenfigtree – Excellent :). We’ll be starting with Main Line between next week and 2 weeks, just to get out of the 2 Week Post-RPG Month Period, since many of us have stuff to move. Once we get the Main Line done, it will be easier to finish off the the Way Line and the “North” Line (Name Pending).

avotas

This is how the cart return systems work.

1. An item is placed into the hopper
    2. The hopper is connected to a dropper pointed upwards
    3. The item triggers the redstone comparator to produce current for 1 block
    4. That signal triggers the red block circuit, and that generates a pulse which inverts the Redstone signal (more or less an automatic button press)
    5. That inverted signal triggers the green block circuit that alternates the power of the droppers sending the item upwards
    6. The cycle repeats until all the items are cleared from the first dropper

Picture

-Avotas

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

Greetings Fellow Minecrafters!

I’m here to announce that starting Saturday the 22nd and Sunday the 23rd, New Empyrean Transit’s Main Line, marked Red, will begin construction.

This is how the Main Line will run;

Dungeon Ruins —> Empyrean Penn Station —> Trinity Castle —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside)

Second: we will then construct the Ocean Line marked Blue (Formerly the Way Line) to run the N.E.T. tot eh following Communities;

Mobius Alpha —> Waystation-f6 —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside) —> Willowbrook Transportation Center (Hillside)

Third, the Borough Line (Official Name) will be next to cover the following;

The Barrens —> Dungeon Ruins (Transfer Point) —> Theta Squad.

The Rail Line designations may change in the final adjustments so don’t get too comfortable with the names yet. New Equestria will be last due to pending route pattern choice between Hillside and New Equestria.

So digging will begin Saturday as soon as I get to Empyrean. Look forward to bring the N.E.T. to all of your Communities.

avotas

@theimpossibleman There is half a surprise awaiting you at Penn Station. :-)

avotas

@theimpossibleman I started the Desert Ruins -> Empyrean route at Y 57. That should undercut much of the sand and is the same level as Penn Station. (X 2443, -1354)

avotas

@lordofenigma You have been connected to Empyrean via Penn Station and wow that was a long dig! I figure we removed about 18,000-19,000 blocks in digging that tunnel! (2,000 blocks x 9) So all the hard work has been done, but now you need to decorate it. Add smooth stone, sand stone, whatever you want. Make it look pretty and I will lay track when your done.

Also your station is going to need to be bigger, your supporting 2 sets of tracks and you have been upgraded to a hub like Penn Station.

-Avotas

lordofenigma

@avotas Awesome. I feel bad I couldn’t help but I’ve been sick so whatever I guess. Anyway I’m feeling better so I’ll see what I can do with the station toady.

avotas

@lordofenigma No worries man! Your going a great job with the cleanup, and I look forward to putting down rail soon. Thanks for the help =)

-Avotas

@avotas – Trinity Castle Temporary station is built, I am already making my way north to Penn Station. Once I reach the station all that will be left is ore cleanup, chopping the roof to 5 blocks high and laying out the tracks.

avotas

@theimpossibleman I made a glass bridge under the ocean, and connected your tunnel to Penn Station (single wide). Anyone should be able to follow the tunnel and expand it to a 3×4 or a 3×3 passageway.

-Avotas

@avotas – Excellent. :) Thank you for the assist. I’ll take a look at the tunnel and get the SGS ready for the tracks.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Not a problem, if you run into any more underwater builds let me know. I created a special diamond helm just for underwater construction.

-Avotas

avotas

@lordofenigma Looks like your still working on the tunnel, but I went ahead and installed rail / powered rail. Your connected to Empyrean now =)

@Avoitas – I took care of the Main Line’s ceiling, now it is 3×3 between Trinity Castle and Hillside. Now that I found where New Equestria built their buildings, I have idea of how to run the Ocean Line there. It’s gonna require a glass tunnel, so the N.E.T. doesn’t ruin our shorelines. So no bridge. It will be called Sunrise Tunnel, and I want to run Sunrise Highway alongside the N.E.T. tunnel to New Equestria, but that will be much much later. So all we need to do is craft the tracks and lay the out on Main Line to complete it.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Who is this Avoitas? =)

So is equestria be connected above or below ground? Do you want colored glass for the bridge?

@avotas I’m gonna have to take it underground because the planned bridge will miss New Equestria entirely. New Equestria’s builds line up with Hillside’s Beaches and I don’t want the bridge to mess up the beautiful setup I made. Their builds are along the shoreline pretty much in line of sight with Hillside, if you have good field of vision settings. Unfortunately, I have to deal with the Glass Canyon in the way underground, but it looks manageable. It’s gonna take a lot of glass because the ocean is very big between us. There is a good spot on New Equestria’s side where I don’t have to take the N.E.T. far in, it can rest on the shore, between a mini valley there, so Deadcookie shouldn’t have to worry about the N.E.T. messing up his Community.

So the dig is underway and I want to get new Equstria done first since now I know their location unlike before, then go the other way to Mobius Alpha where I’ll need Mods permission to run the N.E.T. to Waystation-f6, which means going above ground and burning down trees to get there.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Ok. I have tons of glass/sand so when you are ready for that tunnel let me know.

-Avotas

Viewing 30 replies - 61 through 90 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.