New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T

This topic contains 168 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  avotas 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

avotas

Welcome to the first Empyrean Alliance Build Challenge. This challenge is open to anyone, regardless of their community’s membership, as we unlock a key component to Empyrean’s future … The N.E.T! The N.E.T. stands for New Empyrean Transit, and will feature state-of-the-art mass transportation to all communities connect to the Empyrean alliance. Our community architects have been drawing up plans for this marvel of the modern age, our miners have been busy acquiring materials, and now we find ourselves ready to push forward and into the future.

As it turns out, the future starts with a hole. A big hole. So starting TONIGHT a site located at [2213,-45] was marked off and made ready for construction to start. All we need for you to do is dig, and hollow out a hole in earth and stone approximately 16 blocks wide, 26 blocks long and 26 blocks deep. A template will be provided on the ground so this can be done at any time regardless if I am online or not.

It’s that simple!

Chests for storage of dirt and stone as well as coal, wood, and food have been provided. Let’s try to get this hole finished no later than Friday the 7th so we can start laying the ground work for our trains.

Useful Threads:
    Join The Empyrean Alliance!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/join-the-empyrean-alliance-new-map/
    Join The Capital City of Empyrean!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/the-capital-city-of-empyrean/
    New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/empyrean-alliance-build-event-n-e-t/

Best Regards,
    Avotas

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  avotas.
Viewing 30 replies - 91 through 120 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    Replies

@avotas – As soon as I get the tunnel by the edge of the beach and lined up with where I want the New Equestria Station to be, I’ll call you over so we can begin. I got some potions of Nightvisions and Water Breathing if needed.

@avotas – Everything is lined up and ready for the N.E.T. to New Equestria. It’s just a matter of getting the glass tunnel made and then building a temporary station on the other side.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Bad News! I’m not sure how this happened, but when I was building the underwater tunnel a witch spawned, swam down, and nailed me with poison. I was forced to surface or drown then the witch killed me. I lost 8 stacks of glass, and my diamond underwater construction armor.

I’m going to take a little break from this project. The bridge is 80% complete.

-Avotas

@avotas – Jeez, my condolence on your lost items. Go ahead and take your break. I’ll check the area out later.

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

Greetings Fellow Minecrafters!

I am pleased to announce that the Main Line is complete and fully activate. The Stop Go Stations are in place and the rails are laid out. Big thanks to everyone who built their stations, Avotas for the tracks and tunnel cleanup, and Hawky testing the tracks.

So now to update the Rail Lines;

Active

Main Line (Red): Dungeon Ruins —> Penn Station (Empyrean) —> Trinity Castle —> Spruce Hill Rd (Hillside) —> Laguna (Hillside) —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside)

Capital Line (Orange): Hammerhead Harbor —> Penn Station (Empyrean) —> Waystation-e6 (Pending Mod Ruling) —> Courthouse (Justitia) —> Red Riven Redstone University

Under Construction

Borough Line (Yellow): Theta Squad —> Dungeon Ruins —> The Barrens

Ocean Line (Blue): New Equestria —> Sunrise (Hillside) —> Willowbrook Transportation Center (Hillside) —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside) —> Farmland Avenue (Hillside) —> Waystation-F6 (Pending Mod Ruling) —> Mobius Alpha

We are experiencing a Mod Ruling regarding Waystations so we’ll keep in touch when we hear from them.

I’ll be taking the week off from Minecraft because of life. Next Weekend, I’ll be working on the Ocean Line and Borough Line to finish off the N.E.T.

Thanks again to everyone on bringing us closer to making the N.E.T. a reality.

GiamModified

why is a huge chunk of the orange line missing?

@giammodified – The mods made their ruling. So Avotas has to relocate the route.

http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/mod-report-week-122-year-3-week-18/

avotas

Yeah …. I just realized that track may thrust riders off a cliff to their death. Can someone block that up?

Edit: Blocks added. It’s safe.

-Avotas

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  avotas.

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie

Quick Update, I laid out the tracks on the Ocean Line between New Equestria and Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside) Stations. The Main Line and Ocean Line are connected to a point. I will need some time to survey the Ocean Line from Hillside to Mobius Alpha due to recent rulings. I have yet to decide if I am going to build a Waystation SGS 52 blocks from the portal in light of recent events. Most likely I will just focus on getting the rail to Mobius Alpha first then decide whether it’s worth building a Waystation station.

avotas

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @theimpossibleman, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie, @baggagelizard

The e6 “halfwaythere” waystation will be rebuilt 52 blocks away and linked by a pathway. (pending approval) In all likelihood it will connected to the Empyrean Bridge.

I apologize for the disruption in service.

@baggagelizard

Please stop your construction of a waystation road until the N.E.T is rerouted.

@avotas, @jimbojj26

Getting the Ocean Line to Mobius Alpha is gonna be a bit tricky I’ll have to line the tunnel up at Z1924 just to get past Waystation. However, there is a ravine and two patches of Farmland in the way which it may a claimed area. I’m gonna try further south, but I fear a bridge may not feasible at this point and may have to build and underwater glass tunnel, then once on the other side of the ocean, emerge above ground to get into Mobius Alpha Station. I am open to ideas on how to get past Waystation and the ocean.

avotas

That’s probably your best method honestly. Staying with the sonic theme, a quick underground/underwater tunnel works as well.

avotas

E6 station has been approved. I will start on the tunnel this weekend.

Avotas

avotas

Started work on the tunnel and added “Ticket Booths” for Penn Station. The track detours a bit, but passes some pretty impressive underground features that makes a nice entrance into Empyrean.

@baggagelizard I closed off the tunnel under your steps. I also left you a sign on top of your build. It’s looking good so far.

avotas

Ok. The “e6” station has been added and the rail repaired.

I will add some finishing touches over the weekend.

-Avotas

avotas

@theimpossibleman

Hey, I have come up with a simple redstone powered “T-Switch / + Switch” for tracks. The minecart comes to a stop at a switch, one button allows the minecart to travel forward, the other button switches the track and allows the minecart to travel forward. Each line will have it’s own set of buttons. I would like to install these at Dungeon Ruins and Hillside. That ok with you?

-Avotas

I’ll have to take a look at them at Dungeon Ruins. It might be better than my planned track switches.

@avotas – The tunnel and bridge to Mobius Alpha is complete. I am cleaning up the tunnel and will be putting in the SGS at their stations. All that will be left is rails which I need. Tomorrow will be the Borough Line to Barrens. Hopefully it won’t be too difficult getting there.

@jimbojj26 – I forgot if you want the station on the ground or in the air so I left it in the sir for you to decide. I also left the bridge as a blank canvas, save for rails. So you can go and make the bridge Sonic themed. I hope the bridge’s location is good, given the circumstances two weeks ago.

Greetings Fellow Minecrafters!

I am pleased to announce that the Ocean Line is complete and fully activated. The Stop Go Stations are in place and the rails are laid out. Big thanks to everyone who built their stations.

So now to update the Rail Lines;

Active

Main Line (Red): Dungeon Ruins —> Penn Station (Empyrean) —> Trinity Castle —> Spruce Hill Rd. (Hillside) —> Laguna (Hillside) —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside)

Capital Line (Orange): Hammerhead Harbor —> Penn Station (Empyrean) —> Waystation-E6 —> Courthouse (Justitia) —> Red Riven Redstone University

Ocean Line (Light Blue): New Equestria —> Sunrise Beach (Hillside) —> Willowbrook Transportation Center (Hillside) —> Broadway-Fairlawn (Hillside) —> River Edge Drive (Hillside) -> Farmland Avenue (Hillside) —> Waystation-F6 —> Mobius Alpha

Under Construction

Borough Line (Yellow): Theta Squad (Active) —> Dungeon Ruins (Active) —> The Barrens (Under Construction)

The Barrens is the last Community that needs the N.E.T. Once that is built and the tracks laid out (And few alterations at Dungeon Ruins), New Empyrean Transit will be 100% complete and operational. All that will be left is for each of our Communities to clean up our own stations, and tunnels to get a little cleaning (At a later date).

Thanks again to everyone on bringing us closer to making the N.E.T. a reality.

@lordenigma, @barrenfigtree, @nara, @avotas

Okay. I got a good look at the Barrens location and the logistics are staggering in terms of digging. I still want to run the Borough Line to Dungeon ruins as planned, but in a later date, I think I may consider bringing the Borough Line down to Justitia. Though I doubt I can get it to connect with the Capital Line, it does make sense due to proximity to bring the Borough Line to Justitia’s Northern Border. If you want to bring the Borough Line to Justita yourselves, go for it, but for now I need to figure out how I can line the tunnel up with the Dungeon Ruins station when its time to turn the tunnel. In fact given the design of the Dungeon Ruins Station, I don’t where any body wants the rails to run through. I’ll have to continue doing more assessments before proceeding with the dig.

avotas

@theimpossibleman The Barrens has just about 800 meters left, about 25% of the tunnel has already been dug. If it cuts northeast it should connect right with Dungeon Ruins without cutting through any builds.

-Avotas

@avotas Excellent. However, there is a problem I am having with the way the Dungeon Ruins Station is designed. Here are three Screenshots of it. What I need to know is where am I to run the tunnel at.

1- As you can see in the Outside photo, there is a platform exiting the station. Enigma wants the rails to run underground but this is set up for above ground, unless that is where the tunnel is to from. Co-ordinate lineup at Z -1336

2- (Inside Photo) But if I were to stay underground, then I’ll have to surface the tunnel inside right next to the current tunnel and connect the rails with the SGS pointing outside. Co-ordiante lineup at Z -1356 and Z -1357. Speaking of which…

3 -(Rail Entrance Photo) I have redo this SGS to meet rail standards since this is a continuous line. Thus bring the tunnel to surface inside makes placing the SGS much easier then a giant U-turn.

So that is basically the dilemma with the Dungeon Ruins design. I don’t to find myself wasting a dig or ruining Enigma’s Community.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Yes, LE Ok’ed that arrangement. His build is directly opposite of that direction, so the above ground tracks don’t run through it. If I recall correctly both lines will have to come into his build from the south and connect to the main line there right? The Barrens will just be underground until it raises up and connects above ground.

@lordenigma, @barrenfigtree,

I talked with Avotas and he explained the situation. He said that the tunnel is going to surface at
    X2429, Z-1244 that will become a bridge and turn into the station to connect with the platform. Enigma and Figtree, you both can talk it over and co-ordinate with how you want to do it. Let me know what you want to do and what I should do to complete the Borough Line.

jimbojj26

@theimpossibleman I’m going to be doing some “renovations” on the bridge leading up to Mobius Alpha. And by “renovations” I mean tearing it down and rebuilding it in a new, more “Sonicesque” style. It shouldn’t take too long. I posted signs at the waystation “itsallthesame” as well.

-Jimbo

@jimbojj26 – By all means go for it. I built the bridge that way so it can be made into something better. It’s all for you. :)

jimbojj26

The Oil Ocean Causeway leading into Mobius Alpha is now finished (mostly)! All traffic may resume.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  jimbojj26.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

@jimbojj26 – That looks awesome. Great job.

avotas

@jimbojj26 Looks good, but you might want to do something about the floating dirt staircase at the end. Perhaps you should make a hill, or build a foundation? Think of Disney World, they have “themeing” setup around the ride. Its little odds and ends, gardens and supporting buildings that make a place feel truly impressive. If this is the main road into your build, perhaps it would be a good place to start? Just my 2 cents. =)

Fort Empyrean has a “overgrown forgotten” feel too it with the cracked walls, ruined cobblestone path, and moss/vine covered walls. It’s fallen into disrepair.

Penn Station has a “converted modern” feel, with glasswork, bright colors, and modern lights within a building shell that is pretty classical in design. It’s still unfinished, but that was the direction I was going at least =)

-Avotas

@avotas, @barrenfigtree,

Greetings Minecrafters! Real life has given me a break and I am on this morning to finished the N.E.T. then Real life wants me to take a walk and come back later in the afternoon to continue onward. I went to Fort Empyrean and took treasure chests for the stones and mined stuff and 4 Diamond Pickaxes of Unbreaking. I left the Silk touch and other type of Enchantments alone. I assessed the coordinates at Dungeon Ruins and I am going to proceed with the tunnel dig. Hopefully I’ll have this last tunnel today.

Viewing 30 replies - 91 through 120 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.