Follow VGA's Patreon progress

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Follow VGA's Patreon progress

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJgalon TJgalon 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of vgcountdown
    vgcountdown

As a long time turbo and a longer time fan of VGA, I was hyped to see they finally setup a Patreon campaign. I’m also stoked because I’m a bit of a data nerd and I can follow the progress of their Patreon campaign on my recent website creation, Graphtreon. Here’s VGA’s page:

http://graphtreon.com/creator/videogamesawesome

Let me know what you all think!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of Mr Broadstone
    MrBroadstone

I actually expect the number to take a minor dive at the new month in the $50 range, because a section (up to all) of them are in for the Turbo membership and will drop the $50 at the turnover.

Another group will also end up pissed in a month when they figure out too late that Patreon is a [i]monthly[/i] deal and they spend another $50 w/o necessarily wanting to.

Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

Yeah, it’s pretty unrealistic to expect to get up to a stable $3k+ per month in terms of consistent patrons, Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) is arguably more well-known than VGA and he’s just barely at $3k after months on Patreon. Most of the $50 patrons will drop off once they’re turboed, but they’ll be replaced by others, so I imagine the total will slowly rise over time, but I wouldn’t expect this level of growth every month. Still, it’s a good time to be a VGA fan with the rest of the crew now having a lot more incentive to try and make time for the show.

If Ben starts showing up more, and possibly the others, I’d expect the donations to flow for a while.

Profile photo of Dundore77
    Dundore77

As long as they don’t pull a Spoony and keep posting videos i think it’ll be fine. Most people will probably at least continue to support until KH airs i feel.

Profile photo of vgcountdown
    vgcountdown

Yeah, Spoony still does videos but they are not about video games. I personally stopped supporting his patreon because he stopped doing videos I liked. Look at the drop in his patreon campaign: http://graphtreon.com/creator/spoonyexperiment. I think a decent amount of people supported him because of his video game content.

Profile photo of Dundore77
    Dundore77

the graphtreon doesn’t even show the worst of it. He once at about 7-8k when he first announced his patreon. But he didn’t follow up with his goals and his actual reviews all but stopped (hes done like 3 reviews and even counter monkey vids dropped). Granted i have no worries about VGA as fraser is in much better health, loves his community and apologizes profusely when streams or video production slows so yeah im not worried about VGA’s patreon if anything i think itll grow as time goes on.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Dundore77 Dundore77.
    Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

Spoony gave up making content on a regular basis (outside of wrestling reviews and the occasional tabletop story) well before the Patreon was announced, the Patreon just allowed him to make a viable living doing what he was already. Fraser and the crew seem much more enthusiastic about what they’re doing than Spoony has been for some time.

Profile photo of TJgalon
    TJgalon

I noticed that there is a funny typo in the patreon, that movies are in April, lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.