Shadow of war Apology

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Shadow of war Apology

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SuperBen97 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

SuperBen97

Forget this forum. I’m aware I’m late on this but yea, I shouldn’t have defended it.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  SuperBen97.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  SuperBen97.
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

damauci

Interesting read, thanks for your thoughts!

As a fan of Shadow of Mordor, the thing that worries me the most about Shadow of War is the possibility that business decisions like micro transactions and loot boxes have a significant influence on game mechanics, balance and pacing (e.g. making the game much more “grindy” than originally planed, etc.).

nara

On the issue of Microtransactions:

I’m okay with microtransactions but the devs have just shot themselves in the foot with those. I’m okay with microtransactions being cosmetic. And for a single player game it doesn’t matter. But they decided to give this an online mode. And the microtransactions actually matter in that. Also the online mode is included with the game. It’s something you pay with your 70$. So the online mode does matter. And for that being pay to win is a stupid move. Also from what I’ve heard the orcs that you get there are permanently dead if someone else kills them. So you can buy stuff that can be permanently lost. Also the loot box system makes no fucking sense.

On the issue of the Orthog Memorial DLC.

That dlc was created to honor a developer that has passed away. So far so good. But I think you understood something wrong here. It was not criticized because they wanted you to pay for it and give the family the money. It was critizised for how they were approaching that. It was wriiten in the trailer for that dlc in small subscript that the money generated by some states of the us and the rest of the world would not go to the family. they tried to sell this as a taxing issue which it is not. They would have profited of all the sales around the world and some us states. Only the money generated in most us-states would go the family. That is just wrong of WB Games and the way they sneakily included that footnote is a very cheap way to present that.
    Also the way they responded was okay, but it still seems they didn’t understand the issue at hand at all.

SuperBen97

You’re right

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  SuperBen97.

Vanquish123

SuperBen97

I would LOVE to update this with just a couple of words. I. WAS. FUCKING. WRONG. FUCK Microtransactions. I’m going to go all out and say that at first, and I mean the first couple of weeks, I was really enjoying Shadow of War, I still am, But FUCK it gets annoying that the microtransactions are pissing me off. Yes you can grind like I previously mentioned, but I was ok with that, You know what I’m not ok with? The final act of the game. I still love the game, but it’s just an endless grind with that final act. Throughout the game it’s fun getting new armor but it feels like theres no point sometimes. Also I did alot of thinking since my last post, but fuck me man I hate that I defended this shit, mainly because I’ve never had to deal with it before. Dont get me wrong I still LOVE the game, It’s amazing, the armor system is great. But the extra lootbox system? Not needed. You should still get the game, because it’s great, but don’t support the microtransactions.

P.S. I finally decided to update this with my new Mind set because of the EA Star Wars Battlefront 2 Bullshit. I hope people see my update here.

nara

Yeah, that’s what I thought it would be. I have not been buying the game, even though I loved the first one. But all of this talk has put me off from going all out into it right off the bat and I have been mostly right. I am going to wait until the price drops for this game, no reason to rush. There’s so many alternatives to it.

Second: We knew what the devs would start to do if we don’t hold them accountable. Microtransactions okay, but this year, the developers have been all over this shit. Well some of the more brazen ones at least. And it was to happen someday. this can only be helped with a boykott of this sort of bullshit.

SuperBen97

Yea I’ve started thinking with the same mindset. It’s a damn shame what some of these games have become.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.