Games to look forward to

Home Forums Video Gaming! Games to look forward to

This topic contains 20 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  FistOfFiori 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Yora

Now that I am no longer a 20-something I find myself more and more enjoying old games from 10-15 years back than anything coming out these days. There hasn’t been a lot in recent years that caught my attention, though it obviously doesn’t help that I am not looking around for what’s currently in the making anymore.

What games that are currently in production are you looking forward to?

The game I am currently moderately hyped for is the new Star Wars RPG from Visceral games. It’s an open-world game (which I am usually not so fond of) that is set during the Empire and probably going to feel like the Classic Star Wars style that I like much more than the Clone Wars and the new stuff. And it’s also being made by the developers who made Dead Space, being led by the director and writer of the Legacy of Kain and Uncharted series. It may not necessarily be a mind blowing game, but I can’t really see how this is not going to be pretty cool.

God of War 4 and Metro 3 I will also probably get.

And I actually really like the prospect of Shadow of the Colossus being remade with current graphics. I know the PS2 game pretty much inside out, but even it’s a straight up rebuild with a new look I’d buy it gladly.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Sylian

Bloodstained: Symphony of the Night… I mean Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (a new Metroidvania, created by the creator of Metroidvania? Let’s go!).

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (the gameplay will likely be mediocre, but the writing will probably be good).

Super Mario Odyssey (that I probably won’t play for years).

The Jackbox Party Pack 4 (fun to watch and fun to play).

FistOfFiori

There’s quite a bit! But my main choices:

Super Mario Odyssey
    Bloodstained
    South Park: Fractured But Whole
    Spider-Man
    Days Gone
    Shadow of War
    God of War ‘4’
    Detroit: Become Human

And yeah I’m also really hoping we see more of the Visceral Star Wars game soon.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  FistOfFiori.

FATECreator

Bloodstained, already explained.

Touhou 15.5 Antinomy of Common Flowers & Touhou 16 Hidden Star in Four Seasons. 15.5 is a new fighting game, 16 is a new bullet hell game.

PKMN Ultra Sun/Moon, I found Sun/Moon to be the best/worst entry in the series. When it’s good, it’s the best game hands down, but the intro is a complete slog, and it’s super linear. No sense of exploration whatsoever-I mean, in past games the borders preventing you from exploring further were rocks and trees you couldn’t smash/cut yet, in this game it’s just people who say “Nope! Can’t pass yet for…reasons!”

And-in a weird sense: BoTW when BoTW is completed (AKA when all of the DLC is released). Holding out to play it till then.

There’s definitely a lot of games to look forward to this year and the years to come. As someone who went to E3 this year, I’m very excited for a lot of games. I’m gonna give a brief summary of some of the games I played at E3 and that I am excited for:

Super Mario Odyssey: This was my Game of the Show at E3. It was beautiful looking game with amazing gameplay from what I played. I played the New Donk City level and saw the other sand level and it could be one of the best Mario 3D games of all time. I’m very excited for this one and it seems like a worthy game on the Switch.

Call of Duty WWII: At this point, people seem a bit tired out of COD before WWII was announced. I’ll admit that I started getting tired of COD ever since they went all futuristic with the settings and stories. However, I managed to play Call of Duty WWII at E3 and it made me excited for COD again. It reminded me so much of the old school COD games I played back in the day (World at War ftw!) and it looks buttery smooth. Very excited that it’s going back to its roots.

Far Cry 5: The last Far Cry game I played was 4 and I didn’t really enjoy all that much. It had fun gameplay but the story and characters were weak and it took me out of the game at times. With 5 however, I played a level in the game at E3 and it all looks very promising. I love the rural setting it’s going for and the characters seem interesting. Plus, you can create your own character! My favorite “hire” was Boomer the Dog. He was a lot of fun to control in the game. Can’t wait for this one to come out.

Sonic Mania: As someone who hasn’t really played a lot of the classic Sonic games, I wasn’t the most excited for this game but after playing it at E3, I’m very excited for it now. It’s definitely gonna appeal to all those old school Sonic fans and possibly even grab new players in. I played one of the newer levels they created exclusively for that game and I gotta say, it was really fun! Sidenote: I also did play Sonic Forces and while that was cool and all, I’m more excited for Mania personally.

Now here are some games I’m gonna list here that I didn’t get to play at E3 but I am excited for nonetheless:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
    Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
    Spider Man (PS4)
    Star Wars Battlefront 2

And there’s plenty of more coming but those are just a few I’m gonna list here. It’s great to be a gamer now and I’m very hyped for the next games to come! :D

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  .

euske

Games that people don’t talk about in this thread.

Sylian

@gamingkid1998 I highly recommend Sonic 2 and 3 (+ Knuckles, why not?). They’re available on Steam. Sonic 1 is skipable. I’ve heard good things about Sonic CD, but I haven’t played that one yet. Sonic Mania seems fun, so I hope that’ll be good.

A Hat In Time looks promising as well.

FistOfFiori

I forgot about Wolfenstein! I think where it’s out the same day as Mario and I’ve half planned out my spending on games, it slipped my mind.

Yora

I have to admit that I have not even heard of most of these. :D

Battlefront 2 (4?) is something I am hoping to turn out great. I was very close to getting Battlefront (3?) but it just didn’t sound good enough to be worth investing any time into. If they manage to make an improved version of it, it’s something I’d love to play.

nara

Actually the one I am looking forward most to is La Mulana 2. It’s been in production for quite some time and it is said to come out 2017. We’ll see about that. The original was a masterpiece in my opinion. The Metroidvania that deserved this title. I repeatedly play the first one and I’m actually trying to get into speedrunning this game because of how good it is. The Speedrun is quite awesome, since you get to see a good chunk of the game in it.

Also Anthing Switch related. Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are my main things to get hyped about.

Also next week it’s time for GuildWars2 to release it’s final episode of living world and announce the next expansion in the process which is going to come out at the end of the year.

MeNoSeeGood

I’m kind of like Yora where I’m busy playing my backlog rather than focusing on new games. However there are a couple that have caught my eye. One is Bloodstained, much for the same reasons as everyone above. Another is Pawarumi, which is a shmup that I backed on Kickstarter on a whim after watching the gameplay footage. Lastly, Ni No Kuni 2… I never finished the original, but the world still fascinates me a lot. The big games I was hyped on this year (Persona 5 and Tales of Berseria) have already come out, so for me I’m just kicking back and waiting for more games along those veins.

Greys0n

Plenty of great games will come out but all I’m hype for is Cyberpunk 2077(if that even happens) and whatever SNK and FromSoftware do.

EricaDasilva

There are many new and exciting games like, the Battlefront 2, Call of Duty World War 2, Destiny 2. My friend has recently got the new collection of games and Destiny 2 kaufen, which is one really attractive game with all new updated weapons and an interesting story line. This theme of first person shooter and multiplayer option attracts many gamers.

legacyme3

This month alone, I’m excited about Far Cry 5 and Ni No Kuni 2. Down the line there’s Cyberpunk 2077.

Outside of those three things, I’m mainly waiting on Kingdom Hearts 3 and the FF7 Remake.

… how could I forget Switch Pokemon, whenever that comes out?

Sylian

Super Smash Bros. for Switch (I hope it’s a new game and not a remake of the Wii U game).

TheCvgun123

MLB 18 the show and it’s my birthday month 😜

legacyme3

I’m excited for MLB the Show as well, but I’m less excited than I’ve been in year’s past.

The stuff they’ve done to it this year just don’t scream positive to me, like other years games have. Maybe that’s because they haven’t done their franchise stream, and I’m almost entirely a franchise gamer. But this is the lowest hype I’ve ever had for a The Show game, and I’ve been a consumer of them since their inception.

Happy birthday month!

FistOfFiori

2018 is looking to be a busy year.

Kirby next week (though I can wait a while before getting that)
    Ni No Kuni and Far Cry 5 in a couple of weeks
    God of War and Yakuza next month (both out in my birthday week yay)
    As I didn’t have a Wii U, I intend to get the Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors in May. And Detroit Become Human.

Later in the year we have Dreams, Spider-Man, and the 2 big 2018 games for me (aside from God of War): Red Dead Redemption 2 and Smash.

Looking good for me!

Greys0n

I can’t wait to play In the Valley of the Gods

Greys0n

Can’t wait for Cyberpunk 2077 game. I know that the game has been in development since at least 2012 and that it’s a spin-off of Cyberpunk 2020, a pen-and-paper role-playing game. I know it’s set in a sprawling and wide-open metropolis called Night City and its characters will speak multiple languages. And i know how is important to use proxy/vpn while playing to save the personal information and prevent hackers attack.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Greys0n.

FistOfFiori

CD Projekt Red have a presence at E3 this year so hopefully something will appear during either the Microsoft or Sony conferences.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.