Join The Empyrean Alliance! (new map)

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Join The Empyrean Alliance! (new map)

This topic contains 174 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  avotas 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

avotas

Hi Minecrafters!

City builders! Have you made your preparations for the new world? Can you survive the freezing temperatures of the Ice Plains Spikes, the dizzying heights of the Mega Spruce Taiga, or oddly named -but impressively deadly- Sunflower Plains?

Do you have doubts you will last an hour against all the primal forces of nature; not to mention the armies of monsters who strive to do nothing more than to fill the night air with your screams? Good. That means you’re sane, and by coincidentally it also qualifies you for entrance into the Empyrean Alliance.

So what do you get in return for joining the Empyrean Alliance?
    ● Access to all the wealth and stored riches of old map Empyrean in order to build your community
    ● An embassy along the Street of Dreams designed and built by your leading builder to represent your own individual and unique theme.
    ● City exposure made possible by a concentration of epic builds
    ● A mass transit system (New Empyrean Transit or the N.E.T) designed to efficiently move people from city to city and portal to portal through a wide range of various methods

What are the rules do I need a follow?
    ● Your city is run by you. You choose your own theme, your own rules and bylaws, your own membership and your own king/mayor/official
    ● Your city must include some “Great Works”. These are structures which are technically difficult and/or inspiring.
    ● All items taken from the Empyrean community chest must be replaced in a reasonable amount of time
    ● Your city must allow New Empyrean Transit (N.E.T) traffic in and around the community
    ● Your city must be located near Empyrean (within 2,000 blocks, but no less than 500 blocks from another city)

If you’re interested leave a post below, describe your idea, identify your community membership, and I will get back with you.

Useful Threads:
    Join The Empyrean Alliance!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/join-the-empyrean-alliance-new-map/
    Join The Capital City of Empyrean!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/the-capital-city-of-empyrean/
    New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/empyrean-alliance-build-event-n-e-t/

-Avotas

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  avotas.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jimbojj26

This looks like it’s coming along interestingly well. I have some questions though. If I were to build a Sonic-Themed Community, would I need to keep it themed similarly to Empyrean? In other words, take inspiration from Empyrean-like Sonic levels. I’d love to be a part of this but I don’t want to detract from any plans for the style of the Alliance.

Also, will the Transit system have a singular theme throughout the realm? If so, would we be able to help build the stations to the themes of our various communities?

In any case, hit me up when I’m on the server. I’d like to help prepare in whatever way possible.

-JimboJJ26: Future “Possible” President of Mobius

avotas

@jimbojj26 Theme is completely upto you, because these cities don’t physically connect to Empyrean I see no reason to have strict theme standards. The main point to take away from this is the second rule “Your city must include some “Great Works”. These are structures which are technically difficult and/or inspiring.” This is really at the heart of Empyrean, big impressive stuff, more than any age or setting. It’s not enough to build a 3×3 house of dirt, plant a tree on top, and call it done.

Station design is up to you, provided it does not change the functionality of the transport system. The exact design of the N.A.T system is upto @theimpossibleman so get with him to talk over the details.

-Avotas

jimbojj26

As for the “Great Works”, I have some ideas pending. A massive below-ground Master Emerald temple. A massive above-ground Master emerald temple. Marble Garden ruins. The Death Egg (scaled down). A Sky Sanctuary themed floating city. Green Hill Zone Act I (actual size translated to Minecraft). If things go well, you shall not be disappointed good sire.

-JimboJJ26

avotas

@jimbojj26 Sounds spiffy! =)

-Avotas

luckysimon

I’ll have to wait and see. I have a project planned that would definitely fall under the ‘great works’ but I want to keep what it is secret until completion so building close to you guys would be a detriment.

avotas

Greetings,

I already posted that “Fort Empyrean” will be constructed to house all interested citizens, pool our resources, and setup a temporary mine during the RPG period, however I wanted to take the time to go into a little more detail.

This is how I envision the schedule (pending any last second rule changes)

Sunday 1/26/2014 (Founders Day)

1) All members of Empyrean and the Empyrean Alliance will pick a single destination from the way station and be teleported to uncharted land.
    2) We build a dirt spire to act as a marker so people can find their way back.
    3) We divide into teams (because it is dangerous to go alone) and explore! There are 2,000 blocks between each teleport allowing for a wide range of various biomes. Everyone gets some time to spread out and figure out if they want to settle the area. Report back on the Biomes found.
    4) If the land isn’t desirable we tear down the dirt tower and repeat steps 2-3.
    5) If the land is desirable we mark off a 500 x 500 block area to be designated as “Empyrean”
    6) Members of Empyrean will work on building “Fort Empyrean” while everyone else is encouraged to mark off land for your own cities/builds. Please remember you must be within 2,000 blocks from Empyrean, but no less than 500 blocks from another city.
    7) Fort Empyrean will offer beds, protection from monsters, a mine, and a garden. I suggest that everyone returns to Fort Empyrean and work on building resources during the RPG period. The actual city construction can start once items are permitted to transfer or until a suitable level of safety has been reached (weapons/armor/light/etc).

Suggestions? Comments?

-Avotas

lordofenigma

Sounds like good plan. Since I currently have that day off from work. I should be able to join in. As long as the I get is mostly flat I’ll be satisfied.

@avotas – First, I’ll most likely be late Sunday due to family. Second what time, PST, are we going to start this, like after the show or during the show? Though I’m not sure if during the show is feasible, because we will most likely have to deal with Whitelisting limitations plus Fraser might call a build challenge for the show.

avotas

@theimpossibleman As soon as possible. There is no show time set so I can’t answer that directly. If we wait too long the rare biome will be taken.

@avotas – Don’t wait on me whatsoever. You secure the biomes needed. The N.E.T. has no boundaries.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Ok man. Hope you make it but I understand if you don’t.

avotas

Map change will take place at 1:00 pm PST Sunday 1/26/2014

koopakirby

You can count Theta Squad as an interested party, avotas!

avotas

Excellent! Welcome Theta Squad!

-Avotas

Coleycow

Hey @avotas, I was wondering if I could also become part of this awesome community. Like I said today inside the server, I would be awesome at making coasters and other structures. Whatever you want me to help with, I’ll be there.

My idea for my own personal city would be an underwater city, and I’ve been collecting tons of materials for after RPG month to prepare for that.

So, could I please join? :P

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  .

avotas

Sure. Done and Done.

-Avotas

vatrix

Sorry for the trouble, after further discussion we will not be joining the Empyrean Alliance.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  vatrix.

avotas

Denied! No just kidding. Welcome and see you Sunday =)

Sven85

Just was on the minecraft server and @mellisbaker said something about he likes the amitious idea of the Empyrean Alliance, but he doesn’t see it being too possible in the near future. It sounded like at least he wants to have a word before that kind of Alliance is placed on the server.
    I guess it has something to do with the new waypoints and all.
    IMHO we should wait at least a week until we even think about joint ventures and stuff.
    Anywho, maybe I’ll be part of the Hammerhead Harbor Crew. Vatrix had the idea of joining in. But I think we all would do better if we waited a while until all questions are settled.

At least that was what I got from his messages online.

-Sven85

That said, I would rather first wait until one or two weeks have passed on the server before making such awesome yet maybe too ambitious bonds.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Sven85.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Sven85.

avotas

Ok, just to clear the air.

The Empyrean Alliance isn’t a criminal syndicate, I desire no real control over so many communities, or wield the vast fortunes of dozens of players. It is, at its heart, just a limited membership community bank with connecting road and rail service. Its strength comes from its union of community leaders, and as such can be enhanced or destroyed at any time by the vote of the people it represents.

So lets kill that criminal syndicate rumor. Some people apparently believe it, and the way it’s progressing it might turn up on a conspiracy website next to the reanimated corpse of Elvis. =)

@sven85 I talked with Mellis. Like any good mod he just wants to make sure that the Empyrean Alliance remains flexible, and certain concepts are not fixed in stone. Following my conversation, and agreement to work with the mods on any outstanding issues, the 3rd map server primer rules were released. I didn’t see anything within the rules to suggest this concept was not viable so I plan on proceeding as planned Sunday. I hope to see you there, but if you wish to decline that is perfectly acceptable.

-Avotas

jeirhart

Rest assured that I would not be connected to this if there was any malicious intent. Its an alliance/confederacy/partnership, not a mafia organization. A method to bring smaller communities/players together and pool some resources. If at any point someone in the larger community has questions or concerns, they are free to ask Avotas for clarification or discussion. =D

Wait? You mean we’re not a mafia? *Looks at hired goons* Sorry guys, there won’t be any “business” here. *Goons drive off in unmarked cars*

Seriously, the idea is that we are like a Metropolitan area, like New York City. Empyrean is the major city and the Communities are suburbs. That is all. And like jeihart said, we pool resources together from time to time.

And don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Sven85

Hey guys, thanks for the clarification. It’s just that I had some problems earlier with 2 communities next to mine, who wanted to forcibly do stuff I didn’t really agree with. Their argument was, that a “merger” as they called it, was planned weeks before I even started my community. For better or worse, the place I picked for my community lied exactly almost exactly 50 blocks away from each of those communities. They planned on connecting the 2 communities by an overworld-road which almost went directly through my “Geekville”. After they saw, that my community had come to live, the leader of Pandora contacted me, arguing that he wanted me to move my community because it was placed against the rules. The thing was, none of the community leaders had ever contacted me since I started my own, nor had I any knowledge of what was planned between the two of them. I just don’t like the idea of “so many people” some kind of merging together planning stuff and forcing people do do stuff thay are not comfortable with.

That said, if it’s ok for you, I want Hammerhead Harbor to be some kind of an independent community within the Alliance.
    I planned to build some kind of Harbor/fishermen town next to/on water. It’s just that I don’t know if I like the idea of being “forced to build something epic” in the first place. If I have the time and the idea of building something bigger, I’m OK with doing so, but in the first place I want to erect a small community and keep it up and running.

If you have no problem with that, I have no problem in bringing in a fish or two, if you know what I mean. I’m pretty sure “our people” would appreciate to eat something else then meat and melons the whole day.

If you’re ok with my demands, I would happily join in. But keep in mind that we are somekind of an independent harbor “that happends to be around”.

– Sven85

@sven85 @avotas

Okay let’s start with the beginning here.

“Your city must include some “Great Works”. These are structures which are technically difficult and/or inspiring.”

I think, THINK, I might be able to explain all this.

1 – Community Portal, though I don’t believe it is absolutely necessary for any Communities to have “Great Works” to accomplish what would be more Empyrean problem. After all I intend to build a Transportation Center like in Boonton and that will be the Portals home.

2 – Avotas and I had a similar problem with each other, in the Second World with our own Communities, where Smalltown USA Community consisted of just two square Cobblestone boxes that sat there since 2011, and we could not expand or gain additional portals for our Communities because they had as much a right to land as well, even if the builders never returned since 2011. (Let that sink in for a moment given what year this is) Mods creed “One day its a farm the next day its Japan”. So this “Great Works” rule is to keep people from saying they have a Community, but its just 1 Box. Hence why I want to create Boxton in the first place. XD

3 – Edge envy. ;) After watching what the Edge did, (And the amount of Turbo Traffic they got) we want a piece of the pie. *Mafia pulls up in unmarked cars* NO NO NO that’s not what I mean Johnny Thumbs. *Mafia drives off*

4 – We have done this before in Second World called the Seryne Empire consisting of Empyrean, Fort Serenity and Boonton, but unfortunately we could not pull heavy Turbo traffic and for the most part it was just Avotas in Empyrean alone, and me alone in Boonton. So we really don’t want be alone in Communities anymore, and want to share the fun with everyone.

5 – So this is why we figured establishing a 2000 block Metropolitan area right now, this very beginning, so that guys like you won’t have any problems establishing a small quiet Community at anytime you want. All of us together can settle the disputes without running to the Mods like what you faced before. We can try and settle problems like Turbos, and not lean on the Mods so much to solve most situations. We still follow Mod rules with the 500 block rule hence why the 2000 block to ensure appropriate spacing and allow flexibility. After all if I feel if I want to expand Boxton from 250 to 500, I would like to have the space make that happen.

@avotas – I still think it should be a mandatory rule for anybody who picks their land to set up a border perimeter, like with fences or stone bricks, at their 500 block. Even if they don’t use all 500 blocks, at least they have the allotted 500 blocks as per Mods rules. Expansion past 500 would be a check first with any nearby areas to prevent encroachment. Not establishing borders is what always drove me nuts in Second World.

jimbojj26

Oh ImpossibleMan, you silly New Yorkers and your mafia connections. Anyway, I just want to say that one of the things that drew me to this project was the idea that I’d have a great deal of control over my area, but with the assurance that fellow communities would be nearby, willing to help each other out. I’d toyed with the notion of starting my own community for a while, but hesitated due to the logistical issues others started having, along the lines of the types of issues ImpossibleMan and Sven mentioned. Not to mention I had an initial reluctance due to my lack of experience in such matters.

But now I’m ready for the challenge of community-building. Plus with allies nearby, and such a concrete plan for expansion and land claims, I don’t think there will be many issues as to encroachment of territory. Also, the help that I mentioned above, I don’t expect that anyone will run each other’s communities. It’s an Alliance, not an Empire. Avotas mentioned he reassured this type of thing to Mellisbaker. But, there will be cooperation, and from the very beginning nonetheless.

Sorry if I’m rambling but I just wanted to express my desire for this project to move forward. I, like most of the server, am really quite excited for the New World, and I don’t want issues or misunderstandings to arise, especially so early on.

-Jimbo

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  jimbojj26.

Sven85

To clarify what I personally want to achieve is somehow a community that looks like the picture attached.
    But a little bigger and more fortified. This is what I did on my own server so far. The “Egg-Farm” is fully automated, so we would have a somewhat big supply of chickens to cook and eggs to use for baking cakes.
    As I said before, I somewhat am looking forward to start a little trading post. And maybe one day it’ll look somehow like Laketown from the second Hobbit-movie. I found that really inspiring.
    When I’m properly settled and dealt with the first problems and everything I’m looking forward to build a bigger house (like a townhall or a castle) or something in the middle of the community.
    I don’t know if that’s ok with your “epic build” rule, but I don’t have very much time (at least I guess I haven’t) to play on the server, and I don’t want to make any promisses on building big stuff and not be able to even start with it.

As said before, if that’s ok with you, I’ll be glad to be a part of your alliance.

Until then, best of luck to all of us.

-Sven85

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

avotas

I believe everyone has said everything that could be said. @sven85 empires are not established in a single day, but just looking at your plans you’re already on that road. Laketown would count as a ‘great work’ so would a treehouse, a ruined city, a dangerous dungeon, a spaceship, and any number of things.

I hope to see you later today, if not I understand and wish you the best of luck. The important thing is to be happy with your decision
    and move forward with whatever makes you feel comfortable.

-Avotas

Sven85

If I can make it, I’ll be online tonight. (It’ll be 10pm for me, I guess.)
    If possible, when you pick a location, it’ll be awesome when a coastline was around. Thank you.
    Until then, have a nice day.

-Sven85

avotas

After the RPG period ends the Empyrean Alliance Community Bank will provide the following rare metals to it’s membership:

Diamond 397
    Emerald 41
    Gold 360
    Iron 4,807
    Lapis 1,447

*All numbers are in ingots

In addition we will provide an abundance of new enchanted diamond weapons, tools, potions and books for everyday use. Common items (wool, stone, wood), consumable items (coal, food), and other items will be made available once the automated sorter and dispenser is setup. It shouldn’t take more than a few days to build.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  avotas.

avotas

@sven85 @vatrix is apart of your project right? Why don’t you have him represent you in the land choice?

-Avotas

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.