Mass Effect 3 show (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Mass Effect 3 show (MAJOR SPOILERS)

This topic contains 203 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  rakolai 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

travelersf

I know there are people who don’t really care for the Mass Effect shows, but for me Mass Effect 3 is THE VGA show I’ve been waiting for. And for that reason I’ve been wondering a bit about what choices the gang will make throughout the game.

I’m really hoping that they wouldn’t sabotage the cure on Tuchanka, that way we might get to see another Frash Frash tearing up moment like we did with The Walking Dead. I mean they LOVE Mordin and the way he goes in that scene is absolutely beautiful.  And that in mind, plus the fact that they hate the salarians and wouldn’t probably do what the Dalatrass tells them to in any circumstance, I think this is a pretty sure case. Then again, Fraser did support the genophage in the first place…

I’ve bee getting some mixed information with the Rannoch and the way how you acquire the “best” choices, Can someone tell if they have already locked it out, or can they still get it? Because if they have to choose between the geth and the quarians, I have no idea what they’ll do.

The ending seems somewhat clear to me. Seeing their renegade mentality I think they’ll go for the Destroy ending.

What really worries me about this playthrough (as it did with the previous ones) is that they’ll go with the 100% renegade simply because they’ve decided to. And that could really backfire since Shepard in this not even being dickish anymore, just plainly cruel. It’d be best for the show it they would just look at each choice individually and decide what the best option would be for them.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Replies

T-Bone

I’m so pumped about this month it’s going to be awesome.

Yora

This came totaly unexpected. So hyped about that. And there’s been lots of people so hyped about it, that I am still not sure if Fraser is just trolling us. ^^

I did send Becky a message with a suggestion of a Krogan-costume for Baby Hank when it was still scheduled for October, but didn’t get a reply. Still wonder if it might have been picked up.

Did you know that the first level is Vancouver? I asked around and apparently it is recognizable to the natives. I so hope they pick up on it by themselves, wonder what the reaction will be.

I am sure they won’t screw up Tuchanka. They love Wrex, they love Mordin, they dispise other Salarians, and they kept Malons data. And the Dalatras is really making it easy to help her. There is nooo way Fraser will do something she bullies him into. And the support for the Genophage was that at that time, creating the Genophage was neccessary. With Mordin, Wrex, and Eve pleading to save their dying race, that’s just not going to happen.

I think the one thing they can really screw up is not talking to the Asari Matriach on the Citadel, but I’m sure chat will tell them to do it.

The other thing I worry about is that Renegade Options don’t mean being violent, but intimidating the other Person into submission. I was disappointed they didn’t send Jacob in to the pipes. And they hate Ashley. Not picking Renegade in the Dialog when saving the Turian and Asari councilor is the more hateful thing. But I think Fraser will go Intimidation by default, ruining that great opportunity.

Rennoch is a bit difficult and you can screw it up by accident. I played it two weeks ago and I think the biggest concern is that the Good option, which I think they want, requires to take the Pargon-Option “Rally the Fleet”. Despite what Rallying the Fleet means, this option does NOT tell the Quarians to get ready for the final assault. It tells them to refuse that one Admiral who want to destroy them. Any other option ends in slaughter. That dialog option is labeled wrong. At that point the Turbos will probably have to really make some ruckus to get Fraser to pick that.

This one is wondering if the esteemed host has ever heard of Blasto.

With grave concern: I think he did not.

Badassfully: They really have to look Blasto up on youtube. There’s so many references in ME3.

Badassfully: I love that Blasto 6 commercial on the Citadel.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Yora.

licopter

I cannot wait for the return Space Duck and Hank in Zelda! Gonna be an amazing few weeks!

Yora

It’s like Christmas! Wait, it is Christmas!

Don’t hold your breath on them not choosing Renegade all the time. They will. I just know it.

Can’t wait ’till they start ME3! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

twitchmonkey

Yeah, I think they’ll do the right thing on Tuchanka, you’ve got to be a real dick to go through all the outs they give you and still decide you want to lie to your friends and screw the Krogan.

As for Rannoch, I kind of hope they have to choose between the Geth and the Quarians. I felt like the Geth were really in the right and the aftermath of choosing them over the Quarians was one of the most emotional parts of the game for me.

Yora

Even though Space Duck was created as always-asshole, this is one of the games where they all really got invested in the story. It always suprised me how much minor details Fraser remembers that you could miss by playing the game normally, like things about the Protheans, the VI/AI thing, and such things. He is terribly inattentive when there’s only a flimsy excuse for a plot, as in Modern Warfare 3 or Spec Ops. But Walking Dead and May Payne 3 were also games where they discussed a lot what the things that are happening might mean and how they could be connected to things that happened earlier. Which is what makes Mass Effect and Walking Dead the best shows so far. In ME2, descisions were made case by case, following the line of not showing mercy to criminals and terrorists and ignoring burocrats, but being very alien-friendly and strangly always standing up for innocent victims.

It’s just when you threaten people that Space Duck will fuck you up. ^^

I think the Geth havn’t really done anything bad, but neither did most of the Quarians that are now on the fleet. Funny thing that the Asshole-Admiral from ME2 is now on the good side and pretty much the only one.

kaitealyn

I’m super excited for this show, but I am wondering if anyone knows if the gang has an edition with (or purchased already) the From Ashes DLC? The first play through is SEVERELY incomplete if you do not have Javik, and I’m sure they’d love to see a real Prothean too.

Yora

Usually they get DLCs for most games and they did start ME2 with pretty much everything installed. I assume they will have Extended Cut and From Ashes, and most likely Omega as well, that one just came out.

I’m glad they did Arrival. I wonder if they will feel a little bit bad for the Batarians in ME3.

cressk

i don’t think its fair to say they went with 100% renegade on the previous games. yeah it might have started out that way but there were a number of times (occurring more frequently as time passed) Fraser decided to go the paragon option because of the circumstances, although its rarity made it more interesting to me.

also, now he is 100% renegade he is no longer aiming to push up a counter.

don’t get too worked up about all the critical choices – no play through is going to be the same and the ‘best choice’ is extremely subjective depending on how you empathise with different characters (my ‘best’ playthrough in ME2 was saving everyone but Jack as I really could not stand her – but others seem to really like her character).

ChubbyChubs

Isn’t the reputation system different from the past Paragon and Renegade system? The game is a bit more forgiving with which options you choose. As long as you have enough reputation points important dialogue options (i.e Rannoch) will be available.

Is there someone who is going to kind of brief Fraser on the reputation system? and how Paragon and Renegade don’t matter as much as it did in Mass Effect 2? I’m pretty sure though for some situations that show the Paragon quick-time (i.e. Samara about to off herself) it will be obvious as to what will happen if they don’t go for it.

I agree with cressk. The feelings surrounding the choices are subjective and it all depends on how they feel about the characters.

oidisco

I’m sure Neko will continue to send Fraser documents on ME3 and advise him all the way through the game. And I’m sure neko will not only mention that Renegade Shepard is pure evil Sheppard, but that Fraser needs to do most of the Side-quests on the show cos that’s where all the ME2 characters come into play.

I Fraser will do fine on Tuchanka, we all know his love for Wrex and Mordin, and his hatred for the rest of the Salarians.
    For Rannoch, I actually kinda hope he can’t get the best choice. I’d like to see them have to make a really difficult choice on the show.

Yora

ME3 doesn’t really have side missions as the other two do. I can think of four that are not plot relevant and those are only about 5 Minutes each. The Listening Post that is attacked by Cerberus and the stealing of Reaper Artifacts from the Cerberus Lab are boring but done in no time. The Cerberus-Abductions of Civilians helps to show what Dicks they are and the Fuel-Station is quite entertaining.

Except for collecting stuff by scanning, I think everything should be done on the show. It’s not like Mass Effect 1 where you have 20 or so planets where you drive around aimlessly and go into one of three dungeons for half an hour.

chiffa

I just hope that Space Duck keeps her beatiful features after character transition. My Shepard didn’t transfer so well, even after the patch.

cressk

aye, whatever choices are made, they need to be 100% space duck!

Somone should make another thread. This time non-spoiler, and dedicated to gameplay tips.

destroyox

I REALLY hope he doesn’t play ahead. That’s the one thing that made me HATE the Mass Effect 2 Playthrough more than the actual game.

oidisco

Well the reason he played ahead was because the chat were telling him things that weren’t true, so he got worried and played ahead just to be sure everything would work out fine.

For ME3, he doesn’t really have to worry about that stuff

destroyox

So chat made that playthrough awful -_-

oidisco

It wasn’t awful, but the chat didn’t help too much for ME2. I think they were just terrified Fraser would lose people on the final mission, so they went crazy.

destroyox

It was pretty bad to watch for me.

Maybe it’s because I hate the game idunno. It was boring, I know ME3 ill be better to watch though

twitchmonkey

Well did you like ME3? If you don’t like the game the long haul will probably start to get old quick. I think Fraser has to know that this is the end of Shephard’s story and his choices won’t carry through to another game, so hopefully he doesn’t play ahead. ME3 is all about the payoff and occasional fallout from the choices you’ve made throughout the series, with any moment potentially wrapping up an ongoing plot thread or bringing back an old character. If he plays ahead he will inevitably get a lot of major spoilers before the live show.

Yora

ME2 does have a couple of interesting side missions. Like the crashed freighter, running on the roof of the derelict, and the husk-mine. But most consist of nothing but shoting dozens of mercenaries in pretty much empty and visually uninteresting hallways. And I think many are only triggered by scanning planets, which really isn’t anything we would want to see done on the show.

And for ME1 it was almost neccessary because there were just so many and pretty much every single one completely identical. Missed out on a few of the Cerberus labs, but it wasn’t until after I had played ME2 that I even realized those labs belong to the same organization and that it was the Cerberus from the second game.

But yeah, ME3 has only two of those redundant missions that are 5 minutes long, so I say do them all on the show. And often it’s impossible to tell which ones are story-relevant and which are not. The School and the Monastery are kind of major things but there’s no indicator of that before you get there.

oidisco

I guess we should make sure the chat lets him know during the show without actually spoiling why it’s important. Though I’m sure Neko and the other mods will be doing the same

Yora

Maybe one reads this thread, seeing all the hints they did miss when making their list.

cressk

aye the mods have it covered i bet but nothing wrong with someone with the correct information dropping a reminder to neko or someone through a pm.

you know i was initially disappointed that chat assisted to prevent any character dying (no blame to chat though as Fraser did keep consulting them when he perceived a   decision which could end in a fatality) but after playing through ME3 with a couple of characters already dead, it makes the ME3 game less interesting to have replacement characters inserted.

rakolai

All I’m hoping for is that when Fraser gets to the end of the game, everyone in the chat will just shut up and let him pick by himself. Even if he asks which one is the “best” ending, he should be the one to decide how the game ends.

oidisco

Show went well for the most part overall. There was a little bit of Fraser being confused and occasional chat derpin, but overall twas pretty good.

Although I will say, thankfully they didn’t see someone post a major spoiler. It was written as a derp, but it was too good of a guess to be a guess. That really pissed me off but atleast it went by unnoticed (by them, and the chat too)

@rakolai, they’re all the same ending anyway . . . .

twitchmonkey

Could have been a borderline derp. What I mean is they might have just recalled that information as a pre-release reveal without having to discover it in-game. Still, should be avoided as it seems they know very little going in, including the stuff that was spoiled for people that followed the game prior to release.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.