Mod Report: Week 302 (Year 6, Week 42)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 302 (Year 6, Week 42)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  syretha 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

In the new VR version of L.A. Noire, not only can you get super close to faces to see if someone’s lying during interrogation, you can also duck under the table to better be able to spot the moment their pants catch on fire.

“____” … In Bed?

I didn’t get a fortune cookie in my takeout this week, so I don’t know what to write here. See, I always get takeout on Sundays, and use my fortune to write the report. Sometime the fortune will be about the Minecraft server, sometimes about upcoming cons, sometimes about not being jerks to people, and sometimes it’ll just have random song lyrics on it. Though this one time it just said ‘John’. That was a weird week.

Ah, well.

Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

When the topic invariably shifts to atru talking about her day right after she logs in.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Who the hell winks at a cashier?
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: It’s creepy
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: I don’t know this person, they shouldn’t wink at me!
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: … I mean, hello

i don’t get tired enough sometimes
    aughts: i’m laying here unable to sleep, so here’s something for sy to see when she’s on next
    aughts: what do you call something you don’t like as much once you’re no longer drunk
    aughts: soberrated
    aughts: it’s much funnier when you can’t sleep

When the topic invariably shifts to complaining about one’s country of origin.
    nulani: And we love the bit where the King of France thought Norway was so powerful we conned him into sending chests full of silver as payment for promising to come to his aid against England with an army of a hundred thousand.
    nulani: Or, you know, more than a third of the population of Norway.
    DeeKay: I’d believe it
    DeeKay: Damn vikings
    nulani: And then it all came crumbling down and we got a Pomeranian on the throne (not a dog).
    nulani: Dog might have been ever so slightly more competent.

This week I was offered a veritable glut of media to share. And by glut I mean two things. Here they are! From tgorman83, an article about the objectively best holiday movie ever, Die Hard, coming to an all new format: dead tree! It doesn’t have musical numbers, but it does have colorful pictures, which makes it perfect for children. Which is good, because that’s the market they’re aiming at. Then, from Syretha, an old animation about Star Trek to get hyped about the new show coming out. I mean, I was told it’s old, but I think it might actually be leaked footage from said new show. And finally, since fan stuff is shared by all, here are some vids from trancilian with footage from Friday and Saturday at Gamescom!

Time for the next installment of Adventure AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

 1. Take a bite of the mushroom. – 2
     2. Investigate the laughter and ask for food. – 1
     3. Get back in the boat and run from the laughing. – 0

Meaning the winner was ‘Perhaps just a wee nibble.’. Enjoy this week’s installment!

“So hungry…” Al said out loud to no one, ripping a chunk of mushroom off in her hand. It smells like that awful tea Mother drinks, she thought, taking a careful sniff of the chunk. Bracing herself with a deep breath, Al took a large bite of the mushroom. “It tastes like Mother’s tea, as well.” She sat against the cave wall decided to take her time finishing the chunk of tea-flavored mushroom. Once finished, Al stood up to take another look at the cave, only to see she was still sitting against the wall. Odd, she thought. She stood up again, taking a healthy step forward, and finding her knees still in front of her face as she sat against the cave wall. This is a problem. Her thought echoed through the cave. “Was that me?” she asked herself, and the echo replied, “Was what you?”

You. I mean, the voice… Who are you?

I am me. Who are you?

I am also me. I can’t see you, where are you?

In a cave full of mushrooms that taste of grownup tea. Where are you?

I am, also.

Al saw herself sitting against the cave wall from where the giant mushroom hung; her face towards the floor, not moving.

Have you met the funny, fat man?

Uncle Louie?

The one in the smoke.

“Uncle Louie just drank that funny smelling water,” Al said aloud. There was no reply or echo. “Hello?” Nothing.

“Well, at least I’m not hungry, anymore.” She tried standing up again and nearly tipped the boat over. Al had no recollection of getting back in the boat, yet there she was. The boat, larger than before, took some effort to get out of. Walking over to the mushroom she’d taken a bite of, she found it whole once more. More curious, it appeared to be several feet higher on the wall than she remembered. The new largess of the cave notwithstanding, the cave appeared the look the same, save for strange smoke coming from further down the cave where the laughter continues.

A smaller mushroom, this one a lime-green color sits closer to the floor, within reach.

Maybe… if I have some more, that voice will be slightly more helpful…

 1. Eat another mushroom
     2. Investigate the laughter
     3. Yell, trying to get attention of the voice

Stay safe. Kisses.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

TheScowler

This dialogue is giving me bioshock infinite vibes. “When I was a girl, I dreamt of standing in a room looking at a girl who was and was not myself, who stood looking at another girl, who also was and was not myself. My mother took this for a nightmare. I saw it as the beginning of a career in physics.”

Let’s go with number 1. Mushrooms are yummy.

isophist
    Keymaster

I was trying to go for an acid trip vibe, but that’s hard to do when I’ve never actually taken hallucinogens before.

aughts
    Keymaster

my man william s. sessions would like to remind you that, uh

“WINNERS DON’T USE DRUGS”

#3 all up in this, we’ll find this person and talk them up, even if they’re drug us

we shall call this act autoecholocationconversation

FATECreator

Didn’t get a fortune cookie this week? Odd, I too got take out…and I got two so take your pick: “What great things would you attempt if you knew you could not fail” or “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.”

1. What could possibly go wrong with taking MORE mushrooms! *Insert Darksouls ‘You Died’ screen*

K-16

SHROOM ME DAMN YOU! OPTION 1! EXTEND THE DAMN ACID TRIP NOOOOOOW! SHROOOOOM ME!

Can’t let aughts win. Not after he gave that soberrated pun.

syretha

I vote for #3 as well.

Glad everyone had a good time in Germany and at PAX West

Looking forward to the new Star Trek

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.