Mod Report: Week 308 (Year 6, Week 48)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 308 (Year 6, Week 48)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  syretha 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

Insert Japan reference here.

That’s Right

It’s vacation time. Nothin’ to worry about, nothin’ to do… nowhere to go… nobody around…

oh no, help, i’m alone, and stranger things season two doesn’t start for another four days

January 12th to 14th – PAX South
    Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

And yes, we offer Jumanji for rental on VHS! …What do you mean, ‘it’s not out yet’?
    Illiterate Sophist: You ever get the urge to run into a Family Video, grab an employee by the shoulders and scream, “What year is it!?” And when they say 2017 you slap them and yell, “Stop fucking with me!”
    Aqws: Sureeee

Fun fact: Lumberjacks are the most likely source of your hearing scary stories about forest monsters. …Seems a bit obvious, now that I know.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: What is a snollygoster?
    Aqws: A what
    aughts: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/snollygoster
    aughts: a politician that eats chicken and children
    Aqws: A mythical creature that is unprincipled
    aughts: a shrewd creature in charge of children to whom he feeds unethical chickens
    Aqws: A 19th century american english.
    aughts: glad we could help
    Aqws: We’ll be here all night

This week, Matt M. wants you to wake up to a bit of awesome. Kurzgesagt and CGP Grey went high concept futurist together to convince you to stop aging, or at least consider that things might be wildly different by the time you might expect to die. And we got a great fART about Frash takin’ a poo in Japan.

Time for the next installment of Adventure AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

 1. Go back to the chair. – 1
     2. Continue through the maze. – 1
     3. Investigate the bookcases more thoroughly. – 2

Meaning the winner was ‘Are bookcases just bookends with extra dimensions, or are bookends just spartan bookcases?’. Enjoy this week’s installment!

Realizing the bookcases went on for some time, Al decided to investigate the books more thoroughly. She started looking through a history section. There was a comprehensive collection of Earth’s history in several languages, including books recalling events that haven’t happened yet, and a few written in characters she couldn’t recognize. Al grabbed one of the books written in the strange language. When she pulled it out, a soft alarm started.

“I didn’t do it!” she shouted.

Al looked around for an officer or mother to come yelling at her, but no one came. When no one came, Al shrugged and opened the book, ignoring the alarm. Before she could get a look at the pages, though, a trap door opened under her feet. Aww… not again, she thought.

After an unreasonable amount of time, the pit turned into a slide that twisted round and round, eventually spitting her out from under a kitchen table. A man in a tall, white hat was shaking a container of something into a pot on the stove. Al slowly stood up, careful to not draw attention from the man. Then he tossed the container over his shoulder, hitting Al squarely in the head.

“Ow!” she cried.

 1. Hide.
     2. Stand still.
     3. Charge the man.

That most spooky of time is almost upon us. Soon, my ghastly friends, soon.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

FATECreator

Aughts you missed a perfectly good Japanese Reference, if you added “Desu” to the end of every sentence you could of had the reference be “Keep typing ‘Desu’, I’m sure you’ll turn Japanese.”

Option 3, He hit us, he means business, amd our scream will alert him anyways. “Flying Reimu Kick” Time!

K-16

Sure, let’s go with option #3 and Touhou this up, I guess.

FATECreator

Actually @k-16 I just call it that because it’s better than calling it the “diving in a ‘U’ formation to then perform an uppercut kick”, rolls off the tongue better.

K-16

Fair enough.

syretha

I vote for number 2

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.