Mod Report: Week 311 (Year 6, Week 51)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 311 (Year 6, Week 51)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aughts 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

We know that time travel isn’t possible because gaming companies of the future haven’t retroactively added lootcrates to all previous gaming titles to fully maximise profits.

Updates On Updates

The Minecraft server has been updated to 1.12.2. According to the new title screen, I guess it runs on Java. Who knew?

January 12th to 14th – PAX South
    Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

If Elliot watched The Quiet Man before the frogs scene in E.T., I wonder what this kid watched?
    Illiterate Sophist: We were dissecting frogs once, and a kid ate a random frog organ in class.
    aughts: oh nooooo formaldehyde

My finger is hovering over William S. Sessions’ number on the speed dial.
    Illiterate Sophist: I was at the doctor today and he confirmed I died.
    Syretha: But you got better?
    Illiterate Sophist: No. But I have drugs.

This week, This Exists lightly explored the relationship between the early computer animation and music homebrew scene and software piracy. Not this week, this visual comparison of the show between 2013 and 2017 kinda blew my mind. So similar and yet so much better now.

And a brand new special feature straight from Syretha: The Chocolate-Chip-Tune Cookie Jar!

Evil dolls, Chainsaw wielding psychos, Giant babies?! and, of course, Zombies force you to rethink Mr. Rodgers’ offers of joining the neighbourhood.

In the mid 90s a real monster of a game burst onto the SNES: “Zombies Ate My Neighbors”. I remember going over to my friend Ben’s basement and watching him play each level as either Zeke or Julie (it was so cool to have a girl player) as he scoured each level in search of the titular Neighbors before the equally titular Zombies ate them.

Music for the game was composed by American musician Joesph “Joe” McDermott. Tracks that build up suspense and unease as you out run the zombies to stay alive and rescue your Neighbors in time.

Make sure to enjoy on a full stomach!

Time for still not the next installment of Adventure AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

 REPLY HAZY, TRY AGAIN

Meaning the winner was ‘I… what?’. Enjoy this week’s thing!

Still sick: Here’s some old shit
    (But when I’m better, try this)

 Have no empathy for the empathyless.
     Rules only teach when to misbehave.
     “You’re fucking up.” “I’m well aware!”
     “My other car is another car.”
     Trust means not needing a safeword.
     It’s okay if Weezer says it.
     People are just people. Fucking relax.
     No one knows anything; wing it.
     What? I wasn’t trying to help.
     Nostalgia’s bullshit. Now bring me Chumbawamba!
     I found myself. He’s still sleeping.
     Those two little words: “You’re okay.”
     Don’t believe them: Weird is beautiful.
     What are the racoons hiding from?

Welp, next week will be week 52, in report terms, and that means I’ll be writing up the report LIVE! Because that’s a thing that happens once a year, like some kinda… anniversary. So stop by the mod report Twitch channel at 6PM PST next Sunday for some bland shenanigans! Blandanigans! Shenaniblands. Whichever. Tootles!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

K-16

Cool. Livestream next week. I hope I don’t miss it this time. Was so frustrated missing out last year.

Also, get well soon isophist!

Also, option #7. Just because I have to pick an option for the sake of each week’s mod report. Even if it’s an arbitrary choice.

syretha

Doing it Live? WOOOOTTTTT!!!

Iso we need to transplant you’re mind into a parrot,
    they live forever and are such pretty birds! (you could also poop on the trolls)

K-16

Also birds don’t have dislocated ribs.

FATECreator

Or even better, why not that Immortal Jellyfish?

K-16

Also what kind of drugs does isophist have that deals with death? Formaldehyde pills?

aughts
    Keymaster

Live report modding in 10, for those who want to watch. :)

https://go.twitch.tv/themodreport

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.