Mod Report: Week 319 (Year 7, Week 7)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 319 (Year 7, Week 7)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  trancilian 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

Make sure to keep up with updates for things like browsers (and your whole computer) this week (and also for a while, like months, or maybe years, or the life of your current computer), because those CPU exploits sound like real doozies.

State Of The This Mod Report Today

Fraser released the latest in his annual update videos just last Sunday, and it took me a whole week to watch it. Well, maybe not that long, but there are still a few things I can parse out that will effect you as a person who reads the report and/or just uses the VGA website, in general.

We’ve obviously never hidden our disdain for WordPress, so with this twinned forward momentum of our sysadmin Nulani cleaning up our service backends and the gang getting into go mode on things other than the show itself, it’s quite possible we will finally drop WordPress like the horrible, horrible rock it is. However, Fraser did hint at the possibility of the forums going TURBO only with the change-over, so anyone who gets use out of the forum but is not in the TURBO Club may want to take notice.

Beyond that, just remember that not only is this the typical slow season for the gang (admittedly for reasons that no longer are a concern: see the part of the video linked above regarding ad revenue), and that the gang is in a state of flux right now. Fraser acknowledges that shows will slow while they consider the move and start up production on AVG, and even after the move things will be slow to get back up to a speed you might have been used to while they get situated. So try to post forum threads about ‘the end of the show’ or how ‘things used to be better’… well, at least at a comparably slower pace.

Anyway, just check out the video if you haven’t, it’s a good watch.

January 12th to 14th – PAX South
    Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

That baby’s got a modi-chlorian count of— I can’t, I’m sorry.
    Cogs: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdb0rAFlJZt/
    Cogs: What a twist
    Cogs: Sorry I haven’t been around much lately
    aughts: i mean, it feels understandable
    aughts: maybe
    aughts: with that there picture
    aughts: we don’t have rules for this, is the baby a mod now too
    aughts: we’re not prepared
    Illiterate Sophist: He must be integrated into the Internet.
    Illiterate Sophist: Just plug him in.
    aughts: there are changing stations in approximately zero of the home office bathrooms

Now THIS is modraci— I’M SORRY, OKAY, I’M SORRY GOSH
    Aqws: Im bored
    Syretha: then plank
    Aqws: I dont want to improve my core strength at the moment
    aughts: then planck
    Aqws: I don’t want to be that constant.

I know I said there would be new media today, but then I listened to a whole buncha podcasts again, I’m sorry! Here, have a podcast recommendation, I know that’s the hot stuff right now, and there’s nothing hotter than Expounded Universe, a podcast that reviews very silly and old expanded universe Star Wars books by chapter! Oh yeah, now we’re on the content train; next stop: I’m a nerd. And for a thing that’s not out yet, because that’s helpful, I’m sure multiple mods would want you to know that Critical Role starts a new season of live tabletop play this Thursday at 7 PM PST! Also, I can cheat and use Syretha to generate media for me, mwa ha ha ha! … Have some chiptune cookies.

Careful your cookies don’t soggy, it’s time once again to open The Chocolate Chip-Tune Cookie Jar!

Enveloped in a world of blue. A world that is constantly shifting, flowing, traveling to the unknown.

The familiar Donkey Kong Country theme is present, but it’s somewhat sadder, a solemn isolation in a world that is unfamiliar to the protagonist, as well the player in regards to the levels previously traversed.The opening notes resonate as ripples spreading out across this underwater stage, while sending chills within. It is cold, it is dangerous, and it is beautiful. Even the title of this track, “Aquatic Ambiance”, presents the notion of becoming immersed, diving into a sea of sound.

Time for the next installment of Adventure AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

 1. “Perfect!” – 3
     2. “Too sweet, maybe.” – 0

Meaning the winner was ‘Italian chef kiss hands motion‘. Enjoy this week’s installment!

“It’s perfect!” Al shouted.

“Good,” he said. “… good. Maybe I won’t be punished this year.”

The man began ladling cake soup into containers for transport while Al stood there with her empty bowl.

“Here, make yourself useful, boy,” said the man, handing a cake to Al. “Cut this up for the next batch.”

“I cannot say I have ever cut soup cake before,” she said.

With a grunt and his elbow, the man pointed to a large knife on the counter a few feet away from him, saying nothing.

Al put the empty bowl down on the counter and carried the cake to where the knife sat. After a moment, she looked back to the baby and cat for guidance, of which she received none.

 1. Attempt to cut the cake for soup.
     2. Steal the knife and claim there is no knife.
     3. “This does not sound like babysitter work.”

According to our data, mod reports are a way of sharing info and also… oh good, they’ve all closed the tab.

boots up a podcast

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

FATECreator

Hate to tell ya Aughts, but I never close the tab prematurely…wait that sounded so wrong-(turns to the director) can I try that again?

TAKE 2

Um Aughts, we can see you listening to that podcast, you’re literally in the VGA-Website Office Cubicle right next to us.

And man what is it with all the old website services being kinda crap so everyone is moving nowadays? A similar thing happened with a site I occasionally frequent moving from Weebly to one of the newer website services.

Option 1, This is Wonderland, I doubt that’s some ordinary knife and if we attempt to misuse it it’ll start doing something odd like yelling for help or trying to stab us behind our backs…

Nynaeve

K-16

Agreed. Option #1.

syretha

I vote for number 2:

also this week’s article is referring to the underwater level music from the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack, sorry about the state of the article, I swear i proof read it, but it wouldn’t be the CCTCJ without something going wrong!

TheScowler

Thank god for a new Critical Role campaign, now I don’t feel pressured to go back and catch up on the old one.

Option one, por favor.

trancilian

I’m not a fan of Turbo only forums. I understand you need something exclusive for people to be willing to spend money which is totally fine, and I like that the Turbo chat is a very well moderated and fun chat, so obviously that system works (even though I also enjoy occasionally joining the shadow chat).

But here’s why I think it’s not a good idea to only have a turbo forum.
    I like having the video editor and bragging forums open to all. It’s a clear message that you don’t need to have money to be a fan of and support the show. It personally took me like two years before I had money to spare to buy turbo membership. At which point I was already a member of the Perpetual Editing Initiative. We also used the forums to organize the Gamescom meetups which both Turbos and shadows attended. And over the years the Everything Else forum has been a place where among other things, depressed turbos and shadows could share their feelings and find support. I think at some point there was even some vga fans mother who posted updates about her son.

Having said all that, I’m excited for a new website :D

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.