Mod Report: Week 321 (Year 7, Week 9)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 321 (Year 7, Week 9)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  syretha 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

Nintendo Labo! Nintendo’s back in the inspiration game, and it feels good to see.

TURBOs Need Tees

You’ve seen and heard this announcement EVERYWHERE ELSE, but just in case you TURBOs who qualify need the last push, you have until the end of this Tuesday, the 23rd, to get in your info to get the 2017 TURBO t-shirt! You can find the full details on the TURBO subforum, in this very thread!

Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

They always get a bit too immersive, though, so it’s gonna be weird when our character actually rolls dice to investigate the body.
    Illiterate Sophist: Is there a CSI: D&D game?
    aughts: nope
    aughts: i smell an idea
    aughts: smells a lot like a dead body, though

We need to collect all our wisdom and publish it somewhere.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: I want to cough up my lungs so I can stop coughing
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: That’s how that works, right?
    Aqws: Sure
    Aqws: No lungs = no cough
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: That’s sound logic there

Okay, fine, you can stop watching the trains now. First up, Super Bunnyhop’s last year in gaming in review, long story short: Japan’s back! Then, GET HUGGED! Finally, something you might’ve missed from #VGAPAX, did you know that Fraser and Becky are now landed?

Welcome to the Chocolate Chip-Tune Cookie Jar with Sy, where the samples are always free! This week we’re looking at the use of video game music in other musical mediums through a practice known as sampling.

Let’s hop into the way-back machine for a trip to the bygone year of 1993, which saw the release of Eternal Champions, a fighting game for the Sega Genesis console. Possessing the gore of Mortal Kombat, and a diverse range of fighters, like with Street Fighter II, it relied on its story to set it apart from its contemporaries. The music for this game was composed by Joe Delia, John Hart, Jeff Marsh, Adrian van Velssen, and Andy Armer.

Two tracks from Eternal Champions would be sampled by musical group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. The group worked in genres of hip hop, rap, and R&B, and consisted of members: Bizzy Bone, Wish Bone, Layzie Bone, Krayzie Bone, and Flesh-n-Bone. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony would sample music from Eternal Champions twice for their aptly named album “Eternal”, released in 1995. For their song “Crossroads” they sampled the “Bad Ending” track from the game, as well as sampling the “Character Bios Theme” from their title track “Eternal”.

WARNING: The sampling tracks contain explicit content.

Time for the next installment of Adventure AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

obscured by the sound of pepper grinder wrists

Meaning the winner was ‘UNDETERMINED‘. Oops!

I got no story for ya! Clear outta here! Get! And take your numerous cake knives with ya!

I’ve done it, I’ve written the report, and it only took 7 days! … Time to get started on the next one. :\

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

K-16

Did isophist’s rib dislocate? Because ouch!

syretha

Dag wins the title of Ultimate Gift-Giver, that was crazy cool.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.