Mod Report: Week 323 (Year 7, Week 11)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 323 (Year 7, Week 11)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  K-16 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

WELCOME TO THE ALL-NEW MOD REPORT EXTREME! The most EXTREME mod report you’ve ever seen! Be prepared for a DARKER, GRITTIER mod report, that still knows how to relate to the younger crowd!

A report.

This week many events happened within our community, and it is my pleasure to report that they occurred successfully. In other news, Kyle has had a birthday. Congratulations, Kyle, on your continued aging.

Stay tuned for further reports.

Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

So he’s got that going for him, which is nice.
    Illiterate Sophist: I am dead.
    Illiterate Sophist: And have carrot cake taffy.

Yet more congratulations for our resident ‘too-busy-with-life-to-be-a’ mod!
    Quazi: Congrats Cogs, You Jerk
    Stephasaur: Yeah congrats Dad Husband man!
    Illiterate Sophist: Marriage is an oppressive institution created by the man, man.
    aughts: truth
    aughts: lets make our own party and be fun at it

I’ve been keeping up with the new Critical Role seasons and loving it, if you haven’t seen it here’s a fan animation from their first episode (they meet in a tavern, the true sign of tabletop greatness). Errant Signal dug deep into Bennett Fobby’s Getting Over It, offering up another great review that’s a bit spoiler-y (you can’t get much more than a bit spoiler-y for that game). And finally, FATE reveals the awful truth of ROB’s machinations via subliminal messages! And now Sy’s cookies!

This week’s Chocolate Chip-Tune Cookie Jar theme: I’m sick.

Dr. Mario is a game released in 1990 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. The game works as a variation on the popular Tetris style of arranging pieces as they fall into place to make combos, but replaces Tetris’ four block pieces with bi-coloured pills. This pills are stacked to combat their corresponding virus, which play interference on the screen, the goal of the game being to match colours to destroy all the viruses in the level.

There are two chip-tunes that accompany the gameplay. The first is called “Fever” and boy is it infectious. Once it’s in your head it’s hard to recover, there is little one can do but let it run its course as the beats begin to layer and accelerate, overwhelming the listener with symptoms of groove.

The second track is called “Chill”, has more of a Blues feel to it that makes it sound all the cooler. There is an underlying drum beat with a diminuendo of the notes to reinforce the sense of dropping temperature or sliding on a slippery surface. Many of the notes have a pronounced metallic and digital sound to them, making Chill one cold-hearted virus.

Hirokazu Tanaka was the composer for the Dr. Mario soundtrack, and he is definitely someone we will meet again in the Chocolate Chip-Tune Cookie Jar. He pioneered chip-tune music as we know it and has had his hand in many a video game soundtracks, so remember that name!

Now back to my regular scheduled programming of being sick. Remember to take your medicine and stay healthy.

Time for the next installment of ISo Is Redonkulously Ill! Last week’s results were:

Illiterate Sophist: I am dead.

Meaning the winner was ‘The more knives one, AND I’M WRITING IT!’. Enjoy this week’s installment!

“I believe I asked for more knives.”

The cat stopped licking at the baby’s light hair and they both looked on at Al and the man in the tall hat. Eventually the man, flustered and flush, turned back to his other dishes and began worrying over them again.

Al took this opportunity to retrieve the cake from the bin, unblemished for its fall and mostly unblemished for her efforts, and rephrased her request. “If you would only point to where the knives are then I could take as many as are required.”

At this the man turned on his heel, cocking his hat crooked in the spin, and deftly removed a drawer completely from the counter. Facing Al, he then unceremoniously dumped its contents out over her head.

 1. Hold as still as possible.
     2. Leap out of the way.
     3. Uncaringly argue further with the man.

EXTREMEEEEEEE! Come back next week when I try to figure out when, if at all, we have ever successfully related to the younger crowd!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

syretha

my vote is for # 1

Happy Birthday Kyle

Congrats Cogs!

Nynaeve

My vote is for #2 – I’m NOT a fan of knives…..

FATECreator

Option 1, it’s wondderland of course those knives won’t hurt us if we don’t actively try to avoid them.

Also I had a feeling the Mod Report wasn’t dead, if it was going to end I’m sure Aughts wouldn’t of left it as the very last line of the report and would of put it in the news section. Regardless I’m glad to see we’ve still got our favorite weekly tabloid still going!

K-16

*Intentionally ignores everyone else’s replies.*

Sigh, so the Mod Report shuts down, to be rebooted into a butchered mess meant to cater to the mainstream audience that knows nothing about the true beauty of the original Mod Report? So now newcomers have no idea what this is, and hardcore fans like myself are disgusted with this dark gritty reboot. This one has more isophist sufferings and aughts story hijackings! This truly is farewell…

Also Option #3. This won’t win in the votes, but I want Al to continue with her sass.

And Happy Birthday Kyle, and congratulations Cogs.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.