Mod Report: Week 328 (Year 7, Week 16)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 328 (Year 7, Week 16)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aughts 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

A new Smash? Let the rampant speculation begin! How about Captain Toad? Solaire? Lolo? Lala? ExciteBike! Skyrim Man! Commander Keen! Chell! Wait, come back, I have so many more!

WEDNESDAY EDIT: And we’re back! Everything should be working as intended.

A minor part of our services are down at the moment, but the only thing actually broken is the Minecraft server map, which is temporarily unavailable (and the problem is on our side, not Euske’s). Additionally, this has broken the common address used to connect to the main Minecraft server, but an alternate address is listed on the Play! page. This downage should be readily fixable, maybe as early as tomorrow (Monday).

Every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday! – Official TURBO TF2 Schedule!
    Every Thursday and Saturday! – Unofficial PS4 Overwatch Schedule! (TURBOs Only)
    Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday! – Unofficial PC Overwatch Schedule!

Sure, sure.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Aughts, can you show me your thing?
    Quazi: Atru came up with that on her own, I had no part in this

ONE WHOLE DAY LATER
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Aughts, how do you play games on Tabletop Sim? Show me that thing
    Illiterate Sophist: How how? You download a game from the workshop.
    Illiterate Sophist: [/aughtsvoice]
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Oh
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Oooooh
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: Thank you Isoughts
    Illiterate Sophist: Sure sure.
    aughts: what a minute…
    aughts: i don’t say sure sure
    Illiterate Sophist: I think you do.
    Illiterate Sophist: Says so up there.
    aughts: oh yeeeeeaaaaaaah

Continuing last week’s theme of recommendations, this week Sy has recommended checking out the virtual version of Canada’s shiny and new vertical $10 bank note. Sadly, I don’t think you can use it as legal tender, but it looks real enough. Next, a recommendation from… most of the internet, I guess, these very beautiful (and expensive) kaleidoscopes from Novascopes. And finally, Twitter recommends this thing? I don’t know what that is at all. Here’s Sy with a cookie-tune!

Only one Chocolate Chip-tune Cookie left in the jar? I’ll fight you for it!

In Pokémon Red/Blue there exist random encounters whenever the player travels through areas such as the tall grass, caves, or over water. These encounters are with wild Pokémon that will attack the player upon being disturbed, or flee right away (I’m looking at you Abra!). The player can choose to run away, fight till either Pokémon or the opponent faints, or the player attempts to capture it using a pokeball.

The music that accompanies these confrontations, “Battle! (Wild Pokémon)”, opens with an alarm, warning the player to prepare for battle. Next, the music moves into a digital layering of melodies that convey the multiple aspects of this heat of the moment encounter.

Underlying the theme is a constant beat of notes that represent the skittering panic of the moment, felt by the wild Pokémon, and/or the player themselves (depending on their experience). In the forefront of the theme is a rollercoaster of melody, traveling up and down, left and right, as if the notes were on both the offensive and defensive.

As with all the tracks from Pokémon Red/Blue, “Battle! (Wild Pokémon)” was a composed by Junichi Masuda.

Time for the new installments of Adventures AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

Knives
     1. Go speak with the rabbit. – 0
     2. Go see the Queen. – 1
     3. Wait for the rabbit to pass, then follow him. – 2

Fondant
     1. Continue following the rabbit. – 2
     2. Take the other path. – 0
     3. Think about a queen with or without two plans. – 0

Al: Professional stalker. Enjoy this week’s installments!

Al hid, poorly, behind the fence at the tall bird’s yard and waited for the white rabbit to pass by. Oblivious to his surroundings, the rabbit walked right by Al, and bumped into several people on the street while staring at his phone. Once he had headed up the block towards the path to the mountain, Al snuck out into plain sight and tiptoed after the rabbit. Several citizens watched her awkwardly follow him out of town.

A little over a mile outside of the village, the rabbit came to a guard post blocking the path up the mountain. As the rabbit approached to speak with the guards, Al stood behind a nearby bush, listening.

“Papers, please,” said one of the egg-shaped guards.

“Papers? Papers!?” shouted the rabbit. “It’s me!”

“Papers, please,” said a second egg-shaped guard.

“It’s me! The rabbit! Look at my ears! Look at this!” the rabbit tapped his phone before shoving the screen in the face of the first guard. “There! There’s my ID! Let me through!”

“Papers, please,” the guards said in unison.

The rabbit threw his phone in frustration and began hopping up and down. Both guards, smiling, began to hop with him. The three hopped for an unreasonable amount of time, the rabbit screaming at the top of his lungs, until a phone in the guard booth rang. The guards, still hopping, picked up the receiver together and listened.

“Yes, ma’am,” the guards said. One of the guards bounced off the other into the guard booth and pressed a button, raising the bar blocking the path.

The rabbit stopped hopping and raving, brushed the dust off his shirt, and ran up the path without saying a word to either guard. After the bar lowered again, both guards stood motionless, falling next to the guard booth, leaning comfortably.

 1. Find the rabbit’s phone.
     2. Tell the guards you’re with the rabbit.
     3. Walk around the guard booth, which is completely open and unprotected.

Off she went after the rabbit, but was immediately set upon by a worrying development. He’d forgotten for the moment about checking his phone and steadily outpaced her, disappearing into the foothills ahead of the first leg of the mountain. Eventually, keeping with the trail led her to a guard post, which blocked her way forward.

Two egg-shaped guards stepped out of the guard hut in unison and moved to stand in front of the gate. “Papers, please.”

Al paused for a moment to collect her breath, then spoke. “Yes. Hello. Have you seen a white rabbit pass by?”

“Papers, please.”

“Um, it’s just, I was traveling with him, but we’ve become separated.”

“… Papers, please?”

Al was beginning to feel flustered, though she suspected she wasn’t the only one. “I’m sorry, I don’t have any paper with me. Did you need to get something written down before you forget it?”

The two guards turned to face each other. One stated, “This isn’t what she’s supposed to be saying, nohow.” The other replied, “Contrariwise, we were never told what she was supposed to say at all.”

It was at this moment that Al noticed movement to her left. She turned just in time to see a flash of white pass into the forest that started at the base of the mountain. Just in front of the forest was a sign that said ‘Queens Two Faces Nature Trail’, though no trail was clear to her. She thanks the two guards for their time and rushed to follow the rabbit.

“Nohow. She’s run off with our time!”

“At least she was a polite thief.”

Al plunged into the dark forest, trying to catch sight of her target once more. She thought it would be simple, him being a bright shape against all this dim. She was proven, however, quite wrong, and quickly found herself lost.

 1. Check in the nearby wabe.
     2. Look between those two borogroves.
     3. Try the tulgey wood.

And thus was the report ended-eth. Verily return ye next week-eth for… this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

FATECreator

Knives: Option 1, Option 2 is guaranteed to make the guards ask us for papers, and seeing how this is Wonderland I doubt Option 3 would be that easy, I imagine if we did try to sneak around we would find ourselves somewhere else, like the start of the adventure and would have to go through the entire thing all over again.

Fondant: Option 4, Go back to the guards and yell “This Statement is False!” before going back to the available options, at which point I would then go with Option 3.

syretha

Spin the $10 bill for 10 secs and get a surprise!

K-16

Wow the Bank of Canada sure can get weird… And no, I’m not referring to the bill, nor the woman at all. I am referring to something completely different.

I agree with FATECreator. Walking around will automagically teleport us somewhere else, or passing through the bar would teleport us somewhere else (where the rabbit would be).

As for the Tulgey Wood, sure why not? Let’s get lost!

Knives: Option #1.

Fondant: Option LOS…#3.

aughts
    Keymaster

The downage mentioned in Sunday’s report is now corrected, everything should be working as normal.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.