Mod Report: Week 340 (Year 7, Week 28)

Home Forums Everything Else Mod Report: Week 340 (Year 7, Week 28)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  K-16 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

aughts
    Keymaster

Welp, I guess E3’s here. Yep.

And Just Like That, The Floods Arrive

I bring news! We have 4 new mods, consisting of previously-helpers Daverball, DkSigne, QuaziJoe, and StephasaurRAWR. As the TF2 server has shut down, we’ve decided to put the helper position into stasis, and we want to thank Cainson, Peskyplumber, and Psepha for their time with it. It may return, if we feel the position is needed again.

Minecraft, FUTURE, And You!

The next version of Minecraft will be coming relatively soon, sometime within the next few months (supposedly), and with it comes many changes in world generation, enough to get us thinking about a next Minecraft world for the permanent server. Please remember that nothing about the move to a new world is guaranteed, including the capability to bring over resources from the current one. If resources will not be transferable (it may be more likely than you think), there will still be a period of overlap where both the old and new servers will be open, to allow anyone looking to finish current builds time to do so.

As with most of World 3, World 4 would likely not have build challenges, since we build fresh, smaller servers for each of those.

August 31st to September 3rd – Pax West

That’s right, this is all I’m sharing of this conversation. Take that, guys. Take that.
    Chrya: Don’t touch my valley
    Illiterate Sophist: Not without a nice dinner first.

This isn’t even in reply to the previous conversation.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: … you guys are weird
    Illiterate Sophist: It’s why you love us.
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: love is a strong word
    Illiterate Sophist: It’s why you don’t hate us.
    Quazi: FamBam Thank You mam is better
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: …
    ATrulyAmazingToaster: I don’t understand Quazi
    Illiterate Sophist: You didn’t pick Quazi as one of your known languages.

You are about to be inundated by trailers upon trailers, you don’t need me feeding you media. … Okay, you got me, I didn’t watch anything YET AGAIN this week. Where do the hours go!? No, seriously, if I could get my hands on some spare hours, that would easily solve this. So… if you know, PM me. Meanwhile, here’s Sy with some choco-chiptunes.

Please ensure that your trays are tucked away and your chairs are in an upright position as we prepare for take off. Flight attendants will be by by shortly to serve the in-flight meal: Chocolate Chip-Tune Cookies~

This week I’d like to invite you on a journey down memory lane, once again to that bygone time of the 1990s. A young Syretha playing Super Mario Bros 3 at the neighbour’s house, when she makes it to the Airship level. This level has stuck in my mind for years due to it’s chillingly imposing theme.

It begins with a simple drum beat, which remains constant throughout the level, that when paired with the setting gives the impression of the beat by which slaves used to have to row boats in ancient times. The drum is soon accompanied by a few slow, intensifying notes of what resembles a digital organ, building on the rising tension. Striking, flute-like notes speed up the tempo, and the drums quicken to match the new pace being set.

The sequence is repeated throughout, and despite the loop, the player is left with a sense of dread at the prospect of stopping this seemingly unstoppable war machine. The Airship Theme was composed by sound designer Koji Kondo.

Time for the new installments of Adventures AWESOME! Last week’s results were:

Knives
     1. Stole the soggy notebook and ran. – 0
     2. Stood her ground, preparing to claim she was his new research assistant. – 0
     3. Ran into the lake. – 1

Fondant
     1. It wants to be drank, drink it! – 0
     2. It may well be alive, don’t drink it? – 0
     3. “Aaaah!” – 1

Three. Enjoy this week’s installments, and for the full story so far check out the archive!

Thinking of some of the horrible and off-putting folks she’d met thus far, Al panicked when she saw the rabbit fellow about to return to his table and ran into the lake to hide. She waded out as far as she could before diving under. The lake was much deeper than she had thought it would be, and teeming with aquatic life. And as she should have assumed, very little air. One fish swam up to her, looked her in the face, rolled its fish eyes, than swam away. In a fresh panic, Al…

 1. Swam to the surface for a breath.
     2. Desperately searched for a source of oxygen without surfacing.
     3. Ran (/swam) out of the lake towards the rabbit.

Al’s mouth made a vague ‘Aaaah!’ shape. The mountain was getting steeper again, and she couldn’t quite grasp why. Also, the sky was taking up more of itself, while the ground was ceding territory at a record pace.

“You don’t look so good. I bet you could use a refreshing me!”

Al wondered what a staring contest with an eyeless bottle might consist of. How would the judges do that judge thing they do? Out of the corner of her eye she caught a familiar glint, and she blinked. It was a long blink, and the accompanying rush of air in her ears seemed to fill up her head along with the ensuing darkness.

As the path rushed up to her back she dreamed of falling.

 1. And she dreamed.
     2. And she dreamed.
     3. And she dreamed.

Right, so that’s out of the way. Now to sitting and waiting patiently for trailers of things I’ll never play, huzzah!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

“If resources will not be transferable (it may be more likely than you think)”

@aughts
    It’s more likely that we can transfer?
    Or you mean it’s more likely we’re going to need to start over?

aughts
    Keymaster

More likely that World 4 will be a fresh start, no materials transferred.

Oh. RIP my Giant Chest build then, since it would of required a transfer!

Also, I feel like I might need to race to collect sponges in the new world… They’re so rare, and so useful.
    (Unless if you’re going to make a trader to get sponges.. but doubt this)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  .

mellisbaker

Looks like 1.13 is releasing sooner than I thought with the pre-release that just came out today.

Also, 3 and 1 for the stories.

TheCvgun123

I miss the melly guided fraser tours ?

syretha

Mellis has the best tours, it’s how I learn all my Minecraft info.

So glad there’s more MCA in the future! Making a concentrated effort to do all the builds i can with my materials,
    hoarding seems pointless, time to craft!

Anyone else remember playing the Airship level in Mario?

I vote for # 2 (found more air), and # 3 (she dreamed)

K-16

The Mellis show sure is awesome. Also farewell TF2 server, going to miss the server itself and Halloween TF2.

And I do remember playing various Airship levels. Which one are you referring to syretha? Even World 1 has two of them.

I’m not sure how I wasn’t around for last week’s story, but my votes for this week are:

Knives: Option #3
    Fondant: Option #4 – She woke up and somehow didn’t fall as she sipped on some of the “drink.”

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.