Pumpkin Harbor: The Spooky Little Community

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Pumpkin Harbor: The Spooky Little Community

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  khroal 5 years, 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

khroal

Heyo everyone!

After being on the server for a little bit now I’ve been itching to head out and build a new cummunity. Enter Pumpkin Harbor.

I intend this place to be a Halloween based community. However it doesn’t have to just be Halloween. Any type of holiday that works around that general idea is fine by me. So Day of the Dead, and all the ones to which I can’t think of are good.

I’ve got a few ideas and would love to have people that enjoy making bumps in the night show up and help me get this started. I’m a little over 3/4ths the way for affording a portal to the place.

Coords are x=822, z=8696. And please don’t kill the wolves. There’s a large pack there and I want to tame them all. As things stand I’ve got a bit of it lit up and have a small break down shelter.

Thank you in advance for any assistance that people want to give!

-Khroal

—————————————————————————————-

*edit*

Alrighty so after a bit I’ve thought of a basic rule for the building scheme of Pumpkin harbor.   It’s going to consist of two stories.  The layer that it on top will appear to be a barren wasteland with unique ruined sights,  Beneath it will be more of the unique spooky builds as a whole.  This does not mean that there is a max height to builds.  One of two things can be done.  Either the height of the ceiling inside can be increased OR it can pierce through the floor/ceiling and exist on both levels (as I intend to do with Karazhan).

My intention (if I ever get around to it and they don’t end up doing it for the Halloween build) is to rebuild at some point in time the forest from slender on the upper level with the barren wasteland surrounding it.  Beneath it, HOPEFULLY will be a series of tunnels that have assorted redstone exits that a person could pop out of the ground at random.

SO with that:

Currently Under Construction:

Karazhan,  Vertigo Slums, Dunahee Manor

Future Ideas:

Forest from Slender, possibly a beach with the sandworms from Beetlejuice, make the surface level look more like ruins.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  khroal.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  khroal.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  khroal.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Im interested, I am indeed a HUGE Halloween fan myself. I’ll help ya build on my off time of my own project.
    Tell me what you need help with :)

xmdgowx25

Potentially stupid question. Would arkham city or anything batman related be accepted? Genuine statement. I’d be willing to help with anything I can.

luckysimon

Does it have to be holiday themed? Can horror and creepy work too?

khroal

@Nightmare: Appreciate it. I’m in the proccess of constructing the foundation of the manor I’m going to have hanging off the side of a cliff. I’ve also got it set up where I’d like the portal to be. So any ideas would be welcome.

@Xmdg: The gothic style landscape perhaps, but it’s not really a batman theme. I’d have to see what you had in mind.

@luckysimon: Horror and creepy is just fine by me.

khroal

Appologise for the double post. Portal is now active. The mines in the area are ruddy huge. I’m in the proccess of building the manor on the mountain.

xmdgowx25

I was thinking maybe the Ace Chemicals building or really any of the structures in that game, but if you wanted a more horror based landscape then perhaps something from Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. I tried to come by earlier, but lag got me killed like a dozen times. O well…there’s always tomorrow.

khroal

Heh, np man. Horror or creepy would do just fine.

khroal

Update:
    Community housing is very nearly done. Cobblestone farm has been completed.

Still looking for members. Feel free to come check the place out :)

khroal

*update deuce* Good god I have A.D.D. when it comes to builds… So community housing is still very nearly done. Just finished making the mine shaft and community nether portal.

I have also started up making a raid dungeon from World of Warcraft. The raid in question is called Karazhan. It is among one of the most beloved raids in the entirety of the game and I hope I do it justice with my Minecraft rendition. However, I have run into a little snaffoo… There simply aren’t enough screenshots/videos online that depict every detail, every passage, etc. of the instance. If anyone with a current active WoW account could help me with this, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I need it all. Ever little place, every inch. Even places players don’t normally go. I also want to set something up with the organ in the opera house so it plays the Karazhan theme from a button push.

Any help at all, any donations people want to give, all would greatly be accepted. This is a huge thing I’m building and am nearly done with the first floor. I just need a few details hemmed out and I need to make the servants quarters.

I will continue to keep you all posted.

-Khroal

khroal

Added an update to the opening post.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.