New fan art repository!

Home Forums The Bragging Shed New fan art repository!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dimhalo dimhalo 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Hi,

as some of you might already know we’re currently trying out having an oldschool image board for FFStv related fanart. Before giving you the link I’d like to tell you a few things about how to use it. Bullet points awaaay!

* You may upload your own and other people’s artwork, unless they have asked for it to not be reposted.
    * You must add the artist’s name in the tags and, if you’re taking it from somewhere else without also being the artist, also fill out the source field with a link to that location. If it’s our forum, please click the post number in the upper right to get a link that points directly to the post with the image.
    * The board uses the same logins as this one and should be considered a part of the VGA website, even though it’s not integrated into WordPress very well. Some of the image boards account management features won’t work, like changing your password from there. Just ignore that stuff for now.
    * Tags are separated by spaces, not commas. Multiword tags are to_be_written_like_this.
    * Speaking of tags, they are the reason we’re doing this, pretty much. So please try to add nice, descriptive ones. Look at the images already uploaded for examples. Take a bit of time to think about it.
    * You can upvote and favorite images. Since this is to be used for preparing the long-promised fan art episode ratings might play into what will be shown.
    * This should go without saying, but please don’t upload anything you wouldn’t upload here or on the Facebook page. That means no explicit nudity, for example.
    * Use this thread to discuss the details or ask questions.

Fill that in. Seriously.

That about sums it up. So, here’s the link. Yes, it’s called that.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of kshade kshade. Reason: Added "no explicit nudity" clarification
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of LoopH0LE
    looph0le

Awesome! Question: should we be actively hunting for old fanart to transfer onto the site?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Yes please.

Profile photo of YAYGaming
    YAYGaming

Now we have a nice little spot to unleash all our FArts.

Profile photo of dumplingzowo
    dumplingzowo

heh. fart.

Profile photo of Peskyplumber64
    peskyplumber

*Stretches back*

I’ve got a lot of fart to release on this new site… :P

That being said, feel free to add any tags I may’ve missed! :D

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Going well so far

Profile photo of IbunWest
    ibunwest

So will any member have access to uploading/changing tags? Or any safeguards to protect against people trolling? (And i mean actual trolling not the “trolling” chat does.)

Profile photo of joshuao
    joshuao

Ooh, how about banners? Should we upload them to there too? Or should we leave that to you, since you probably have a nicely sorted database of them

Edit: Also some of these pictures are gigantic! Should we do any sort of scaling down before uploading?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

It’s just as protected against people uploading junk as this website.
    Please don’t scale images down.

Profile photo of joshuao
    joshuao

Next question, I know it’s probably obvious, but I want someone to tell me that it’s true first.
    If I’m linking it from the FB page, should I just use the persons full name as the artist credit? It seems they don’t mind being associated with it, since they linked it in the first place to the FB page, but it still feels weird.

Profile photo of jankahl
    jankahl

Tag discussion here or a separate thread?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

If you don’t know someone’s nickname please add their Facebook profile name, yes. Beware though, sometimes people repost images on Facebook that they didn’t originally make.

Please discuss tags here for now, yes.

Profile photo of IbunWest
    ibunwest

How specific should we get with tags? I have seen some places where they would tag a picture with ‘hat’ if someone was wearing a hat. Personally I think that’s a bit too specific; but is that what you are looking for?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Honestly, I don’t know how much detail we really need for tagging but at least for now I’d say we can use tags like “hat” and “gun”. The reason is that people (especially Frashy-Frash) might remember some piece of fanart and try to search for it, but too little depth would yield a ton of results to wade through. Sure, “hat” might be a bit much, but if there’s a spaceship or a car it should be tagged IMO, even if it’s just in the background.

Profile photo of soghog
    soghog

There’s some fanart here and here. I’ll send a notice on the DA group that this imageboard is in the works. Link won’t be included until its open to the public.

Profile photo of joshuao
    joshuao

I’ll get my butt moving on those DA pictures over the weekend, unless you think people would object to being put there?

Profile photo of jankahl
    jankahl

I’m thinking “extract” as a tag for GIFs that have been taken from the show. Sound good?

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

As long as they don’t explicitly forbid rehosting it should be fine I think, just make sure they don’t have that on their profile page or on the images. In case someone doesn’t want their stuff on our site they can send me a quick note and I’ll take it down.

I would say “screencap” and “animated” cover that already.

Profile photo of viktormon
    viktormon

Noice noice, I like the system, makes stuff easy to find. :)

Profile photo of kshade
    kshade

Now open for all!

Profile photo of ironicsalmon
    ironicsalmon

This is really awesome! Thanks for making this guys! I’m swimming in beautiful fan art

Profile photo of caelnias
    caelnias

This is great. I did some heavy FArting, trying to scour at least most of the stuff I’ve made over time. I’ll refine the tagging tomorrow when I’m less tired. It’s a great place to find FArts!

Profile photo of joshuao
    joshuao

So, maybe there should be some sort of rule about no straight screencaps, they seem pointless.

Photoshopping images straight from the show  is one thing, but just cropping Fraser’s face isn’t really art.

Profile photo of dimhalo
    dimhalo

Has there ever been cases where uploaded fanart just disappears from your uploads? I could’ve sworn I made a submission a few months ago. That or I’m utterly crazy. Could the latter.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.