Overwatch Discussion

Home Forums Video Gaming! Overwatch Discussion

Tagged: 

This topic contains 403 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mryawning mryawning 2 days, 13 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

(HEY! Got your attention? Good, then add me on PS4, my username there is Zaziuma as well, let’s party up sometime!)

Since I’m sure a lot of us are playing, I thought we should have a discussion page! Share your favorite heroes, your favorite moments while playing, or discuss strategy, whatever you feel like. I had a good moment that inspired this thread:

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 12 months ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
    • This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of zaziuma zaziuma.
Viewing 30 replies - 181 through 210 (of 403 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of Jerseymilk
    Jerseymilk

Grats Zaziuma! I’m looking forward to the new map and the backstory for it is pretty interesting. Also can’t wait for Bastion’s short film later today. :)

Profile photo of hrotgarmr
    hrotgarmr

I seriously hate the update.
    Whenever I play with turbos or on the show, I do very well, get some gold medals and we tend to win.
    But because I work 2 damn jobs and can’t play every single day I’m no longer allowed to play with the others?
    Not to go into too much detail, but I’ve been having a shit time recently and playing a few rounds of OW with turbos really helps me out.
    But now?
    Nobody plays Quick Play anymore, because it became a cesspool, everyone is on ranked.
    Guess I can play alone from now on…

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

There’s still time before the next season to make changes, and since this is a hot button issue, I am sure they will listen, like they have been with this change, we just need to them listen to what we want, which is a bit harder.

Profile photo of Sylian
    Sylian

Seems skill rating has been multiplied by 50. With that in mind:

SR 0-29: 10 CPs (Bronze)
    SR 30-39: 10 CPs (Silver)
    SR 40-49: 20-40 CPs (Gold)
    SR 50-59: 80-120 CPs (Platinum)
    SR 60-69: 120-300 CPs (Diamond)
    SR 70-79: 300 CPs (Master)
    SR 80+: 300 CPs (Grandmaster)

It’s interesting that 50 would be “Platinum”. “Platinum” sounds more rare than just “Oh hey, I got skill rank 50”. Seems Master would be around 70 of the current skill ranking, and Diamond around 60.

Profile photo of Royal Zoo
    JT-Lionheart

Anybody here open to play with a noob such as me on PS4? I just got Overwatch, a bit late to the party. I’ve only played the Beta before so alot I know has changed. Wonder if there’s anybody here who plays online with other turbos and will accept someone new to a team or if there’s any other new players here who recently started Overwatch

Jerseymilk

I play on PS4 and am pretty casual about it @jt-lionheart . :) Feel free to add me: Jerseymilkferret

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Jerseymilk .
    Profile photo of Zabby
    Zabby

I play PS4 and still do quick play a fair amount @hrotgarmr and lionheart ifyou want to add me, message me for my PSN

Jerseymilk

@hrotgarmr I do quickplay all the time since I enjoy the casual play. Feel free to also add me if you haven’t already and you too @zabby :) PSN: Jerseymilkferret

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Jerseymilk .
    Profile photo of Ser JohnY
    SerJohnY

Add me if you ever want to have a serious competitive experience on Overwatch. If you’re looking for mainly casual play, then it might not be a good idea to add me. I play Competitive with a select group of around 10 and we can get very try hard at times. We don’t do much Quickplay however unless it’s the two week breaks between Seasons. My PSN ID is

Ser_JohnY

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Ser JohnY .
    Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

It’s cute, but it doesn’t really tell us all that much.

Profile photo of TheMinett
    theminett

@zaziuma is it bad that this made me tear up? Because it did.

SerJohnY

Yeah, not much learned from the short.

Profile photo of mryawning
    mryawning

No new info for the Sombra arg. :(

And for our console players : https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4yg79m/the_broken_aim_assist_on_console_discussion_and/

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of mryawning .
    SerJohnY

Am I the only one who turned off Aim Assist completely on console? It’s more frustrating than it is helpful for me.

Profile photo of ps3ftw97
    ps3ftw97

I never knew Aim Assist was an issue, but now it’s making me wonder

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

I have seen the option, but I have never messed with it, I have never seem to have had a problem with it. Maybe I’ll do some test runs with it off.

SerJohnY

I noticed it first when taking out enemies at long range with Genji. I’d be standing still, throwing Shurikens at a Bastion in Turret mode and an enemy Soldier: 76 would run across the screen, behind the Bastion and my reticle would follow him across the screen even though I was aiming at the Bastion.

Profile photo of dragonmastr
    dragonmastr

Anybody here open to play with a noob such as me on PS4? I just got Overwatch, a bit late to the party. I’ve only played the Beta before so alot I know has changed. Wonder if there’s anybody here who plays online with other turbos and will accept someone new to a team or if there’s any other new players here who recently started Overwatch

@jt-lionheart If you see me online feel free to send me a group invite. Although I’m currently on Overwatch hiatus for the moment to play other games but I’ll get back to it when we get closer to the start of competitive season 2.

Profile photo of ps3ftw97
    ps3ftw97

Possible idea for competitive play during the off season by the man himself:

Really great feedback and insights, everyone. Thank you.

Right now it seems like:

1) ***IF*** we take a break between future seasons, we should make sure there is some way to play the Competitive Format during the downtime. This could mean a lot of things. I think there are a lot of solutions to this problem.

2) We should re-evaluate the length of time between seasons. The current break feels too long or at least that seems to be the consensus, and what we’re feeling ourselves as players… But the question on #2 is, do we feel as a community that some “break” is actually good or not? Again, assume we fix #1 IF we are going to have a break. The reason I am asking is that some might feel a fatigue from constantly rolling seasons. For example, do you want a week? Or a day? Maybe to either take a break from Comp or OW? Or maybe to try out some new heroes you don’t normally play in Comp? Or should we strive to minimize any downtime between seasons?

Obviously, Season 1 and 2 are kind of set on their course at this point. We can’t make Season 2 start any sooner and Season 1 is done. So I am more asking about how we fine tune this feature for the end of Season 2 and beginning of Season 3.

Source

SerJohnY

I like having a break between Seasons. It stops me from getting tired out with Competitive. Though I do think that there should be a Competitive format in Quickplay, just without the rewards that you get from Competitive.

On a side note, anyone else want Blizzard to introduce a Clan or Guild system in Overwatch? I play Competitive with the same group of people so it would be nice if there was an in-game system for it. Similar to the Call of Duty or Battlefield games. The people who play solo can keep on playing solo, the people who play with a fixed group can make a Clan. Win-Win.

mryawning

Breaks are good to have in between seasons. It keeps me from taking the game too seriously and allows me to play it at a much slower and casual pace. I definitely agree on having a competitive type game mode for quick play.

Profile photo of dragonmastr
    dragonmastr

This article on Kotaku talks about a guy who purposely tanked his rank as much as possible to bottom out at rank 1. While I kind of feel bad for anyone who got affected by his determination to lose, I couldn’t help laughing about his journey to reach the lowest rank possible and the lessons that he learned on the way.

http://kotaku.com/the-guy-with-the-lowest-possible-rank-in-overwatch-1785662123

SerJohnY

Wow, I read the article. The guy’s a dick for losing on purpose.

Profile photo of Zabby
    Zabby

He’s a dick, but I also find it amusing

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

Fantastic Pharah Rocket Deflect for game:

Do the Winston! #2:

Profile photo of boloneyman
    boloneyman

Hey everyone, finally got PS+ so I can play! My PSN name is boloneyman, and I’m looking for some casual games just so I can learn the ropes and it is nice doing it with the community because I won’t be concerned about fellow players getting frustrated over my lack of skill and what could be a slow learning process.

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

I freaking got it. I got The Floor Is Lava! A 0.3% trophy, the second hardest in the game after Rapid Discord, which I don’t think is too impossible to get, since he is actually good now. What makes it even better is that I saw someone cheat getting it just earlier today, he had a Tracer helping him. Also yes, I did kill that Winston almost single handedly, don’t ask how.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cq42IRhWYAAhXeW.jpg

It’s High Noon…just not in Japan

Soldier 76 doesn’t take kindly to being shot at:

Reinhardt’s Hammer Room:

SerJohnY

I think I played two matches with you Zaziuma a few hours ago. I sent you an invite to my group, you never joined :(

mryawning

@zaziuma Boooooooooooo!!

Profile photo of zaziuma
    zaziuma

@mryawning what, why are you booing at me?

On another note: So close to that damn Rapid Discord Trophy, but so far away. I can’t tell if the Tracer had an orb on her, but even if, the Reinhardt I didn’t get in time. I have been trying for hours at this point, playing nothing but Zenyatta, and been so close so many times, but yet, I never seem to be able to get it in time, even when it looks like I definitely had it. I try to get people to play Zarya, since that makes them sitting ducks for her ult, which means I can kill them fast enough. Reinhardt are the best ways I can think of. Maybe having Ana ult on Genji or Reinhardt can work too, but still, it’s very very hard.

Viewing 30 replies - 181 through 210 (of 403 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.