Patch Released

Home Forums Team Fortress AWESOME! Patch Released

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  spidergliderdriver 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

y3knom

There are a lot of changes to weapons.

Will take some time to get use to…

Weapon balancing changes:
    Gloves of Running Urgently
    Removed self-damage over time penalty
    Heavy takes mini-crits while active and for 3 seconds after switching away
    Attack damage penalty reduced from -50% to -25%

Tomislav
    Spin-up speed bonus reduced from +40% to +10%

Quick-Fix
    Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target

Crusader’s Crossbow
    Reload speed time reduced by +40%

Cozy Camper
    Regenerates 1 heath per second
    Reduced movement penalty from -90% to -80%

Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper
    Added ‘flying’ sound to blast jumps

The Concheror
    Changed rage building source from “damage done and damage received” to only “damage done”
    Increased the rate at which Rage builds for this item by +25%

The Equalizer
    Removed player move speed modification and added it to a new item named The Escape Plan
    All owners of the Equalizer will be automatically granted The Escape Plan

Crit-a-Cola
    Added +25% increased movement speed while active
    Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

Atomic Bonk
    Increased duration from 6 to 8 seconds

All Flamethrowers
    Increased base damage by +10%.

Backburner
    Removed +10% damage bonus attribute
    Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

Degreaser
    Added -10% damage penalty attribute
    Note: Because of base damage increase, damage remains unchanged

Phlogistinator
    Damage defense while taunting reduced from -90% to -75%

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  y3knom.
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

OMG wow.
    The sniper now heals every second O.o

All this stuff will change the entire balance of the game.

illich78

gukingofheart: OMG wow.The sniper now heals every second O.oAll this stuff will change the entire balance of the game.

Only the cozy camper snipers

Also, does anybody have an estimate on how long it will take for the VGA server to update to this version of the game?

blazios

“Medic mirrors blast jump of their heal target”

Suddenly I imagine a Medic healing someone with the Sticky Jumper to fly to the other side of the map.

dusk

Did…..did they just nerf the concherol O-O
    they took away one of the method of building rage with it.

project

Not sure how I feel about the GRU but The Equalizer didn’t even need nerfing. It’s base damamge was already small enough to make up for the crits and speed boost.

Glad they finally did something about the backburner though.

KRSD

Regarding the quick-fix, it follows all of the soldier’s weapons (rocket jumping) and all of the demo’s (sticky jumping). From my experience, it seems best on a demo though. It follows them more accurately, and its less “wtf” than a rocket jump (it takes time to prepare stickies, so you know what’s coming). While it does follow those two, it will not follow an Engineer that is Sentry-jumping. Strategy-wise, a demo can bring a quick-fix medic tot he front-lines extremely fast, especially if they’re using the sticky-jumper.

squidbuddy99

I’m really bummed about the MASSIVE Tommislav nerf. Before this one could get the jump on a Heavy that’s using a regular minigun to outpower them, but a 10% faster spin is so negligable. I hope they fix this, it used to be one of my favorite weapons, now it’s either garbage or incredibly situational, except I can’t even think of a situation where it works now.

retromike

KRSD:
    Regarding the quick-fix, it follows all of the soldier’s weapons (rocket jumping) and all of the demo’s (sticky jumping).From my experience, it seems best on a demo though.It follows them more accurately, and its less “wtf” than a rocket jump (it takes time to prepare stickies, so you know what’s coming).While it does follow those two, it will not follow an Engineer that is Sentry-jumping.Strategy-wise, a demo can bring a quick-fix medic tot he front-lines extremely fast, especially if they’re using the sticky-jumper.

Quickfix utility as a supporting medigun just jumped in usefulness (no pun intended)

lihje

retromike: Quickfix utility as a supporting medigun just jumped in usefulness (no pun intended)

only in some modes and maps think in most payloads it still gonna be rather useless

repus

quickfix is now best for spire in badlands.

lights

I haven’t been able to try out anything yet because I keep getting disconnected from the item server but a couple things from reading the patch notes:

Cozy camper healing you is nice, I don’t use that as much anymore but I think I’ll start again.

The Tomislav nerf is worrying, I’d just gotten good with it and 10% quicker deploy seems worthless when it fires so slowly.

dusk

Tomislac and equalizer nerf may have been straigh upgrade issue. Equalizer was the prime melee there was nothing better the it. Tomislav can be argue being a better then vanilla I didn’t get into much of the idea of it but it does seem like the original only silent. And that probably what cause a nerf :/ at least that’s what I think.

I want to use quickfix on a scout going double speed :)

squidbuddy99:
    I’m really bummed about the MASSIVE Tommislav nerf. Before this one could get the jump on a Heavy that’s using a regular minigun to outpower them, but a 10% faster spin is so negligable. I hope they fix this, it used to be one of my favorite weapons, now it’s either garbage or incredibly situational, except I can’t even think of a situation where it works now.

It was supposed to be for ambushing. Start ambushing people with the Tomislav instead of using it to just run around killing everyone.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.