Patreon: One month later

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Patreon: One month later

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of twitchmonkey twitchmonkey 2 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic
    Profile photo of vgcountdown
    vgcountdown

http://graphtreon.com/creator/videogamesawesome

I think everyone will agree that VGA’s Patreon campaign has been a resounding success. Of course there was a dip in $$$ support during the last month, but that was to be expected because of how Frash was telling people they could pay the $50 TURBO membership through Patreon and then cancel. It actually dropped way less than I thought it would. What say you about the Patreon campaign?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of Zabby
    Zabby

You’ll have to wait 10 months for the people at the $5.00 tier to get turboship to really judge how successful this thing is gonna be.

Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

I think it’s about as successful as you could hope for without any promotion. There is no link to the Patreon page on the site as far as I can tell and it never gets mentioned on the show unlike the Amazon affiliate program. The only way anyone knows about it is if they watched the initial announcement on the show or read about it on the forums. I appreciate that Fraser doesn’t want to inundate us with promotions, but it seems like more could be done to get the word out. Hell, we’re still waiting on that “state of the Patreon” video where Fraser lets us know how the money raised is affecting things. I guess E3 kind of threw a wrench in the works, but it would be nice to know about what’s going on with the movie nights, sponsored hosts and shows, etc.

Profile photo of Guntelo
    Guntelo

It does look successful. Can they play some Nintendo games now?

Profile photo of harnoth
    harnoth

Are we who already are Turbo members gonna lose that status if we don’t chip in 1+ dollars a month?

Profile photo of Zabby
    Zabby

No, Turbo is for life. Nothing (besides being a massive asshole who doesn’t follow the rules) stops you from being Turbo.

Profile photo of harnoth
    harnoth

Well that’s a relief. I’m considering doing it as soon as I get a steady income :P

Profile photo of syretha
    syretha

Fraser speaks about Patreon:

Profile photo of twitchmonkey
    twitchmonkey

Just noticed a new milestone was added, $6k to get another movie night in July. Don’t see how that will be reached with 4 days left in the month, though i guess if they hit it at some point in July they could arrange things then. So long as the Patreon gets promoted, I’m sure it will reach $6k eventually, but not sure if they’re going to get there yet. Note that is another movie night in that month, there should be a 2nd monthly movie night regardless.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.