Pax Prime 2015

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Pax Prime 2015

This topic contains 183 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  PunisherAB 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

PunisherAB

PAX South and PAX East is over! Now time to strap on your F5 fingers and get ready for PAX Prime!

Pax Prime will be Aug 28-31. So far it’s be confirmed by multiple sources; even the Pax site’s main www. page. so this year, it won’t be on labor day weekend. Maybe that will make the city less crowded…hopefully.

I also want to go to PAX Dev this year. Either way, I’m be in Seattle, on Aug 26, because I want to party on my birthday! WOO!

So who’s going? I know I will.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 183 total)
  • Author
    Replies

danielsangeo

I want to go. I’m not a big member here on the forums and I’m not a Turbo, but I do pop up on the Shadow Chat every once in a while. I love VGA, though and would love to meet Fraser and Becky in person! I hope to be able to attend, but it’s up in the air at the moment.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  danielsangeo.

michaelltd

I’ll be going! Looking forward to seeing you all again! Also looking forward to another PAX montage! Already picked out the music choice months ago! :)

soptheturtle

I’m the Best Man at a wedding right around PAX so unfortunately I cannot make it this year. :(

Will try to make it to PAX South 2016 and I will be at SGDQ 2015 in Minneapolis/St. Paul this late July/early August this year instead for at least some of it.

ERatcliffe

planning on it as my first trip to seattle ever. I’m excited.

PunisherAB

I just found out (old news, however) that League of Legends NA Regionals will not be held at PAX Prime 2015.

I think this is great news, as it gives more room for other exhibits at the convention, make queue room less crowded and main hall traffic flow better, and maybe, just maybe, make badges more available. (but that’s reaching it as who knows why people buy badges for; LOL, Games, Tabletop…there are many reasons to buy)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  .

missblow

Thanks for the heads up on the dates @punisherab!

Also, as an FYI, here are the dates that tickets have gone on sale in previous years.

Thursday, February 19, 2009
    Friday, April 2, 2010 @ 1:00 pm
    Friday, April 15, 2011 @ 12:00 pm
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 @ 10:00 am
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 @ 10:30 am
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 @10:15 am

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  missblow.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  missblow.

Quazi

Oh, Nuts. I was hoping it would be on a long weekend so I could justify staying for the full Pax.

Ah Well. Drive down, Friday night, leave Sunday for me. If anyone wants a Ride down, or back up to Vancouver, let me know. I can comfortably fit 3 more. (Caffe?)

I wonder if my friends will be coming still; they were excited for the LOL tournament.

sg1oneill

Apparently from the PAX Dev badge registration page, it looks like Prime won’t sell four day badges but only individual days which means no more discounts to be had.

$160 for all four days in case you’re wondering~

SytYoshi

I plan on going to Prime this year. At the very least I’ll get a trip to Seattle out of it.

TheCvgun123

“For those F5ing, I can say with 100% certainty we won’t be launching prime badge sales this month. Go enjoy the sun” From the pax official twitter

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  TheCvgun123.

MrBroadstone

Indeed. Mind what sg1oneill said, PAX Prime weekend tickets are almost certainly going to be $160 and they’ll also be individual days only. Personally I wish they’d sell 4 day passes for more, like $165. Or maybe a checkbox in the ordering process, “Convert my passes to 4-day for $5.” I figure tons of people would pay $5 to simplify their badges.

TheCvgun123

Well that might be out of my range I’m still recovery from 2 pax’s in quick succession

PunisherAB

Well, I just got my PAX Dev and PAX Prime badges pay for and set. ^_^

So for the future turbos whom want Pax Prime’s badge:

sg1oneill

Well the easy way of getting Prime badges is joining ClubPA, they’ve done the presell to their members again this year~

I’ll probably join ClubPA for the heck of it near the end of the year~

Quazi

I just found out about this Jar file from reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/2g9vo7/paxchecker_get_into_queue_first/

Use at your own discretion. I created a new Gmail just to run it. Seems to work.

PunisherAB

@sg1oneill In hindsight I should have join ClubPA…I will join by the end of next year too, just for the heck of it.

The only reason I going to PAX DEV is to mingle with other developers and artists to get better gigs and job connections. Right now, I’m only working as a character and asset artist on one indie game, “Super Dwarf Madness.”

I’m also going to PAX Dev because as a college student, I get a discount rates and want to attend some panels. Right now I’m getting my AA is Graphic Communications with a Video Game Design Certificate. So getting Pax Prime badges paid off and reserved early for me is just a plus to my main goal of attending Pax Dev.

Going to Pax Dev just to get Pax Prime badges is stupid.

PunisherAB

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’m having a feeling Prime badge will be sold on May 6. I say this as Pax Dev discount (for non-students) end on May 2nd and no badge sale until May. The Pax Prime’s Website updated it’s date, too. However, I only say May 6th for the date as it’s always a Wednesday, it’s possible that badges go up from May 2nd-to May Whenever.

TheCvgun123

And it will probably fall on in between weeks of my paychecks again lol

sg1oneill

That’s what credit cards are for ^_-

TheCvgun123

Lol my student loans did away any chance of me getting a credit card

PunisherAB

So for this year, I book 6 nights, private room, at City Hostel Settle. (still cheaper than a hotel, but more than a shared room)

I was wondering if anyone stay here before and how was your stay? Didn’t you stay there last year @sg1oneill? Or am I thinking of someone else.

By the way, last year I stay at the Seattle Green Tortoise Hostel, it was chill and nice for a hostel. Suck you can’t get a private room there, but it’s closer than City Hostel. Just some options for Turbos who want to go to PAX, but are on a budget. (but book soon, they fill up fast around Pax Badge Pre-sell Day)

sg1oneill

I stayed there last year, @punisherab. The place is definitely a ways away from PAX than I anticipated so I’m not staying here this time.

khlover

I’m dragging myself over from England to go this year for both Pax prime and pax dev, just waiting on the discounts they give for the hotels as i already have the badges/tickets booked.

PunisherAB

@khlover If your wanting a place to stay and don’t care for luxury or call-in service, you should book a hostel instead. In Seattle, they are like 2-3 star hotels, but without the service; the hostel there are nicer as well as the hostel I stayed in, in other states, where okay at best.

The only problem is, if you don’t book soon, you can’t get a private room. You’ll then have to share with other (random) people. Which isn’t bad as I did that for last year for 4 nights and I barely notice other folk when I got to the room at 2am.

Just a cheaper option if on a budget, but you have to book now as they book fast.

missblow

So, did anyone score tickets? Fraser and I got in, luckily.

khlover

After seeing how fast those tickets sold i’m glad PaxDev people got to reserve theres early, kinda regret not waiting for the hotel discount before booking one though

TheCvgun123

@missblow I got all but a Saturday pass and I booked a 2 queen bed at the la quinta hotel

iankid

Got me, my brother, and a friend going. We got all but Monday. Don’t think we’ll want to use that day for Pax.

PunisherAB

I already gotten my all Prime badges when I paid for my PAX Dev pass. But I think year was kind of shocking. Not Wednesday, not at 10am? Wow.I hope everyone got their badges and hope to see you in Aug.

@khlover since you going to PAX Dev too, what time you think of getting to Sea? I will be there on the Aug 25th around 1pm.

I plan for my trip to be:

Aug 25th-Aug 31th,

I just don’t know when I will leave. (either Monday Night or Tues Mourning)

How about you guys and gals?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  .

khlover

My flight gets me and my friend there on the 24th around 8pm

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 183 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.