Pax South 2017

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! Pax South 2017

This topic contains 121 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  tgorman83 1 year, 12 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pax south 2017 will be January 27-29th with passes going for $75 for 3 days and $35 for single day passes

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Replies

fighterkes

I’m planning on getting there Thursday and staying until Monday. Super pumped about seeing everyone again!

lemmykoopa

Anyone there on Wednesday?

TheCvgun123

For those whose stayed how’s the Crockett hotel?

starkitsune

Crockett is super nice, it’s where I stayed last time and where I’m staying this time. They’re super nice and comfortable. :D

SytYoshi

The Crockett was a nice hotel. It was a short walk to Dave & Busters and the Riverwalk.

TheCvgun123

125 DAYS 23 HRS 18 MINS lol

MeNoSeeGood

Booked the plane tix! Should be arriving at 11am on that Thursday. Found non-stop flights to/from Baltimore so I’m pretty happy with that.

TheCvgun123

Would go nonstop Boston to San Antonio bUT it’s so much less not too

TheCvgun123

MeNoSeeGood

@thecvgun123, believe it or not it was cheaper for me to do non-stop than to have stops :-D

TheCvgun123

Lol its 130 round trip to Houston and like 25 for round-trip bus

thewildcat

So at this point, my finances are still really tight. I haven’t had anyone express any interest in my room at the Marriott Riverwalk beyond lemmy wanting Sunday night. Problem is, I can’t afford to stay in that hotel thurs through Sunday alone. Not supper happy with the limited room I ended up with, but was and still am willing to give it a shot.

However, the budget is tight and I can’t do the full price without sharing the room. I just can’t afford to book for just me. So if anyone has space for a big man like me let me know. Or if you want to try a little room with a role away or floor spot at the Marriott, let me know. I really am trying to keep my costs down to $40 or $50 a night at this point. With my own room I was looking at $70ish per night plus valet parking [they don’t have self parking], so I should be able to go up to that. And I am trying to go Thursday through Sunday [Monday check out].

By all means, let me know if you’ve got any options available. My alternative at this point is probably getting a much cheaper hotel much further from the event and paying an uber ride both ways.

for those who dont have hotels still the are a few cheap air b&bs left around 100 to 150 per night for 2 bedroom houses

RadLaddy

Thanks for letting me know @stealthoblivion. Will probably need to look into that

nightshade

My current plan is to arrive on wednesday and leave on monday.

It’s going to be awesome.

TheCvgun123

Tentative plan is Fairmount hotel although I’m always looking for deals (my snoring limits my options but I still look)

Scorcho

Less than 2 months now! Looking forward to seeing you all again.

RadLaddy

Badges just arrived :) So fuckin excited.

TheCvgun123

28 days till my flight :)

Is anyone local or driving in that i could mail some cosplay stuff that dont want to fly with and can meat me on the Thursday before the con?

Guys… it’s like… THIS MONTH!

RadLaddy

No- No way. :O Are you sure?

TheCvgun123

23 days till my flight

syretha

The Schedule for this year has been released!
    http://south.paxsite.com/schedule

neonte13

It’s beginning to look a lot like PAXmas!

Okay, I won’t do that again. Sorry. :-(

But, I just wanted to remind the good folks what’re comin’ to Saanaantone that, while we’ve gotten pretty lucky with the weather, for the last couple PAXes… (PAXi? PAXodes?) it is still winter. Now, while the current forecast is pretty far out to be concrete, (no, not that kind of far out.) it doesn’t look too perfect. So, TLDR: Pack for a bit of cold, (Though very unlikely to get down to freezing, in the city) and maybe a bit of rain… but also hottish weather too, because ya never know… and our nippy weather may be your sweaty weather, anyway… oh god… bad word combination… weird thoughts… no thanks.

And thoughts of sweaty old man nips aside, if yer drivin’ please be careful! We love ya, and we want ya to get Bilbo’s book safely… (That means There and Back Again.)

dagfari

I’ll be arriving very late Tuesday night, and flying away on Monday morning – been too long since I saw you lot. Expect hugs.

RadLaddy

We’ll be roadtripping to South; Leaving on the Wednesday and camping on the way, then arriving on Friday. 2 days of driving, what fun :D

nightshade

Arriving there on wednesday to setup Base Camp.

@nightshade are you working during the con?

nightshade

Nah, those are days off I took. Work will be the next week-end with the R6 Invitational going on.

Viewing 30 replies - 31 through 60 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.