PAX South 2018

Home Forums Video Games AWESOME! PAX South 2018

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 102 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  MeNoSeeGood 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

MeNoSeeGood

As of today (7/18/17) PAX South tix for 2018 in San Antonio, TX have gone on sale. I figured I’d just go ahead and start the thread, since it’s never too early. I’m stealing the same questions from Quazi’s opening post in the PAX West 2017 thread in hopes to make this nice and smooth.

Who is going
    Who need tickets
    Who has too many tickets
    Who needs a place to stay
    Who already has a place to stay
    Etc.

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Beat me to it dude!

Registered today like 10 minutes after tickets went on sale, sitting in my delivery van in the middle of some suburban neighborhood.

See you all in 177 days!

If you’re looking for a cheap place to stay La Hacienda Inn is great I’ve stayed there the last two years it’s an easy mile walk to the convention center/downtown.

Stacergames

Erik (my husband) and I are going! We were thinking about getting a 2 bedroom 2 bath rental house. I have one in mind that is super close to convention (10 min walk). If anyone is interested message me I will send the link to you. Im super excited to see everyone!

TheCvgun123

I am going have tickets for the weekend also booked a stay at the Red Roof Inn but I’m always looking for either closer or cheaper but as I always say because of my snoring I don’t have high hopes but I’ll be there nonetheless

dagfari

I’m coming back to Texas! Got tickets and flights sorted

Arriving on Tuesday and leaving Monday to account for jetlag and 18 hours of travel.

MeNoSeeGood

I got a 3-day pass, and will be here from Thursday to Monday. Right now my lodging is up in the air (may stay where I was last year), and I’m trying to convince a friend to join me this go-round.

starkitsune

Got my three day pass, staying at a nearby Best Western and gonna be there Thursday to Monday. :D

FistOfFiori

Remember their vids on Pax this year (or was it last year?) – Looked like it was an awesome meet.

If only I lived over there! I’d go.

starkitsune

Most of us don’t live over there and we’re going, you could too. :P

fanchan

I’m hoping to go. It will hinge on if the book I’m writing gets picked up by a publisher or if I find a job in September. If not this coming January, then it wouldn’t be until 2020 that I could try for it again :(

missblow

Fraser and I will be there o’course! It’s our fav :D

Oh, and we will probably be arriving on Thursday, leaving on Monday.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  missblow.

TheCvgun123

leave it to pax to plan on an American holiday

FistOfFiori

@starkitsune Transatlantic a bit beyond my financial means right now, agh :(

starkitsune

@fistoffiori Ah, that makes sense, sorry. X3

tgorman83

Got my 3 day pass. See all y’alls there!

nightshade

I’m going and I got a room booked.

Since I’m not going to West this year, I decided I have to go to South for sure! Just waiting to get paid then I’m gonna get tickets and everything. Probably gonna get there Friday, leave Monday.

MorphineSJ

I’m going and also have a room booked (Best Western). It’ll be my first meet up.

Quazi

I’m going again.

I got a hotel(Drury inn on the riverwalk)
    I got tickets(Plane and convention)

I’ll be arriving friday night, and leaving sunday just before noon.

Things to do:

Got to renew my passport.
    try some proper BBQ
    Keep Caffe from paying for anything

TheCvgun123

Maybe ill actually stay the full time in the hotel lol

MeNoSeeGood

@quazi, I had a multi-day BBQ fix while there last year, and I’ll probably do it again this year. Found a couple spots I liked last year :-)

PunisherAB

I didn’t go to West this year, but now I got an opportunity to go to South! Just waiting on my boss to give me the approval for Thurs/Fri off before I get my plane tickets.

Anyone want to share a room? I ask before I book my own. I plan to go Thurs Night and leave Mon.

I surprised that 3 day passes are still on sale!

PunisherAB

Just book my flight and hotel. Ready to go!

I will be there on Thurs around 2pm-3pm and leave at 6am-7am Monday.
    I will stay at the Red Roof Plus. I guess @thecvgun123 will be at the same Hotel. Anyone else staying at Red Roof? I don’t mind the 15-20min walk. =)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  .

MokumTokum

I will mostly likely be there looking forward to seeing everyone cheers.

syretha

YAY FOR @mokumtokum !!!

me too!

Grakiao

This will be my first ever PAX, wouldn’t really want to miss it since Frash and Becky are moving. I can’t wait to meet all you peeps there!

MeNoSeeGood

You’ll enjoy it @grakiao! Also, yay for @mokumtokum making a return!

SkittleE

Alright buddies, after that announcement yesterday I’ve made the split-second decision to go to PAX after all. But before I grab the tickets, I’m worried about lodging. Over $400 for three nights is a lot for just me and my crappy serving job. Is anyone looking for a roomie to split the bill? It’d be nice if you weren’t a serial killer, but y’know, beggars can’t be choosers.

@mokumtokum aren’t you still black listed from the city limits of San Antonio? ;) :P Seriously dude that’s awesome look forward to seeing you again!

Inevitable

I’m also considering hitting up PAX after the announcement, but being poor and in the Midwest worries me that I wouldn’t be able to afford it. So I’m not fully committed yet but I would consider a roomie @skittlee and anyone else who’s interested!

clokit

@inevitable @skittlee I’m thinking about attending but would like to lock down a roommate/roommates to split the cost of a hotel room with. Let me know if y’all are interested, either message me here or on twitter @shay_olay. It’s my first PAX, but definitely not my first con.

Some details about me:
    *I turn 21 in two weeks
    *definitely not a serial killer
    *I often have snacks

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.