PERMA-WORLD 4 – A Whole New World!

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! PERMA-WORLD 4 – A Whole New World!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  daftraider 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

mellisbaker

If you’ve been following the mod report, you would know that we plan to generate a new world for world 4, due to mainly the change from 1.12 to 1.13 (As well as world 3 missing many natural generating structures from its frequent updates in the past).

We will be switching over from world 3 to world 4 on September 30th!

World 3 will be closed but there will be a chance to download the map later. There will be no items transferred, this is a complete fresh start for everyone. Some of our rules will be updated which I will attach the link here when ready, otherwise, check this month’s mod report for details. Thanks!

The server is up, uses the same address as world 3

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by  gangstahwezel. Reason: added time of day
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dawnhawk

Yesss! Ive been waiting Soooo long for this! will there be a Minecraft Awesome for the duo because of all the new features?
    will there be a major hub structure like last world? what time (New Hampshire, USA time) will it be live?/

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  dawnhawk.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  dawnhawk.

ashcraft

Yush!

Nynaeve

Delightful – I’m ready for the interaction!!!!

jimbojj26

I can’t wait for a fresh start!

This seems like a good thing which could potentially breathe new life into the Minecraft Server as a whole! I’ll be hopping in when launched for sure!

gangstahwezel

To clarify something, there will be no show accompanying the new perma world launch. And if Fraser ever does a minecraft show again, it will have nothing to do with the perma server.

The time the server is planned to open is 6 pm CEST (5 pm BST; 12 pm EDT; 9 am PDT).

dawnhawk

Thanks Gangstah! so it would be noon for me :) I wasn’t thinking Frasher(maybe becky) would join us in playing in world 4, just a MC update video and hopfully a MC build challenge…nothing like there OG MCA shows.

TJgalon

I am ready and excited, mostly since Sunday my day off, a nice thing to relax with.

dawnhawk

This is 2 more queries about the server, and one that wasn’t previously answered. I made a new post so it would be seen as appose to editing my first post again( idk if anyone would notice…)

1-will there be a major hub structure like last world?
    2- will there be villagers selling shulker shells elytras, Ect. like last time/same prices?
    3- will we be more of a community and not as spread out?

looking at one of the Mods for answers, thanks! Can’t Wait Till Sunday! until then, ill be meeting some of the Hermits of Hermite craft!!!

mellisbaker

@dawnhawk

1. There will be a spawn area but there will not be your typical hub, since we will be on a smaller world map compared to World 3. There are no nether resets and with the ability to fly, hubs are no longer needed for travel. Although, we could revisit this at another time.

2. Since 1.13 allows custom recipes, there will no longer be a need for a central hub villager trading area. The Advancements in the minecraft menu will hint at what materials you need for some of the hard to get items.
    Recipe Example - Shulker Shell

Some items will be close to the material costs from World 3, as others have been retooled in cost to closely relate to the new items in 1.13.1

3. That will depend on the community in World 4.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  .

Nynaeve

Did I see the word “flying” there? That will be lovely – if we can land without dying, that is.

mellisbaker

Depends on how well you can use an Elytra

TJgalon

No nether reset is ok. I love to be able to build a bit in the nether, and we get the benefits of nether highway too.

Btw, this will be version 1.13.1?

• This reply was modified 6 months, 4 weeks ago by  TJgalon.

mellisbaker

@tjgalon that is correct, the latest version 1.13.1

zambkptkn

Is there going to be a new Whitelist? Or is everyone going to be carried over from the old one?

gangstahwezel

The whitelist is going to be carried over, so you don’t have to be re-whitelisted.

dawnhawk

Ok Cool! thanks for the information, so with a smaller world does that mean we will be less spread out and more of a community?

Supernerd

A dazzling place I never knew…

dawnhawk

so we will be able to make Elytras and other rare items? and they will show up in the advancements section? cool, ill try to sell horses as well depending on how elytras are made/gotten. I cant fly…I try and fail time and time again, ill practice but it probably wont be my main mode of transport till I get the hang of it…if we could make roads connecting builds/hub that would be great! a server wide rail system and/or a nether hub would be great too!

Nynaeve

TJ and I are figuring transportation via the nether/walkways we build. I’m not good with the Elytras…..

TJgalon

Since the nether wont reset, we can make some nice bridges in the nether. Halfslab floor for the spawn and such, and as long as it made from stone or stronger, Ghast blast wont hurt it also.

dawnhawk

I can help with the walkways! as soon as I get far enough in the game for a portal and have a decent supply of stone… we should coordinate on discord on a design for the nether hub…
    (list Ghast proof blocks here-)besides stone
    we should build tunnel like walkways so ghasts can’t blast us off the bridges!

TJgalon

Well, it all just future talk till everything ready anyway, we all need to wait till are supplies are a bit decent

dawnhawk

um I fell into a unloaded chunk, logged out and now I cant connect to the server again…please help

kawaiioddish

NeoJapan is setting up shop around 5700 / 2200. Come see us if you feel like crossing all the ocean. (so much ocean) I hope we have a nether portal up soon.

grungeman

Just in case, the new “Lana Fundamentalis” community was just founded as usual at X: -1000, Z: 1000.

acevil

Server might be down for small time frame (less than 12 hours hopefully).

It is back, but might still have some small issues.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  acevil.

daftraider

Hey, any ETA on the World 3 map download? I have a couple of houses I’ve lost the plans for so I’d like to copy them from the map if possible.

World 3 has been available to download for a while; a link was included in the October mod report.

daftraider

Ah, thank you kindly. I’ve been away for a while, I should’ve looked harder XP

Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.