Recommeded Wii U Games

Home Forums Video Gaming! Recommeded Wii U Games

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kkslider555 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

illich78

With the latest Mario Kart 8 episode, I’m heavily tempted to purchase a Wii U for it (good GOD that game is beautiful). However, I’m a bit antsy spending 2-3 hundred dollars in order to purchase and play one game. So, what recommendations do you have for Wii U games? Probably leaning toward single player would be preferable as, while I’d probably join a Mario Kart group/league/whatever, I generally play single player

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

bluehawk007

Keep in mind that if you register Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo by 7/31 you get a free game!

Anyways, here are some that I’d recommend for single Player focused people:
    -ZombiU
    -Super Mario 3D World
    -New Super Mario Bros U
    -Windwaker HD
    -LEGO City Undercover
    -The Wonderful 101

(there are a few more, but these are the current games I’d recommend for single player purposes)

Keep in mind future games include:
    -X (A JRPG by Monolithsoft)
    -Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warriors + Zelda)
    -Smash Bros
    -Bayonnetta 2

Also S.T.E.A.M.: Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Menace has been trademarked by Nintendo. Hopefully we’ll see that at E3 next week!

weckar

Keep in mind that if you step into Wii U, that Nintendo’s reach in genres has always been a little more limited. Don’t expect a major console RTS to appear on Wii U, for example.

illich78

@weckar I realize that, thanks for the advice

@bluehawk Thank you for the recommendations! I had completely forgot about the wonderful 100 and (somehow) lego city. I will definitely look into the rest of the list as well.

JT-Lionheart

As someone who also has plans to buy a Wii U and had barely played anything Nintendo. I have quite alot of games I want to get for it. If you haven’t played or don’t have the original Wii, it would be recommended to get games for it as th eWii u is backwards compatible and there were alot of good games on Wii. Anyways, games that I’m looking forward to buy for my new Wii U would be Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 (of course), New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World, Legend of Zelda Windwaker, Lego City, Scribblenauts. Those are just the Wii U games I’m really looking forward to out of the whole lot of games I want to get for it.

oidisco

If you’re from Europe, Zombi U is only €20 on the Nintendo E-shop. It’s an absolutely fantastic game (in spite of it’s flaws) and if you’re a fan of classic survival horror you may just love it.

I also highly recommend Pikmin 3 if you’re looking to play something extremely unique. Basically it’s a hybrid of an RTS/Action-Adventure game, mixed with a little bit of Metroid-esque level design.
    It’s a little short but it’s a fun, beautiful and engaging game. The game’s Mission mode (which is basically timed challenged) is where the real meat of the game is since it’s highly repayable and super challenging/rewarding.

Donkey Kong:Tropical Freeze is easily a contender for the best 2D Platformer ever made and the soundtrack is one of the best I’ve ever heard. Nuff said there.

I’d also recommend you do a little research on indie games on the Wii U. There’s not much in the way of exclusives (yet!) but there’s quite a few gems there that are very well suited to the Wii U’s Gamepad. And remember, the e-shop regularly has really good sales so you should check it atleast once a week if you’re interested in downloadable games.

Also bear in mind, that you’ll be looking at several hours worth of updates when you 1st get the system.

kkslider555

I’ve heard the Wii U version of Deus Ex is really good. Been waiting to find it for a decent price, and I’ll straight up sell my 360 version to get it (because fuck those boss battles). I never finished it and apparently last played it over 2 years ago so I’m fine with this. I tend to restart games I already own if I haven’t played them for a long time (TWEWY and Bioshock come to mind).

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.