Join The Capital City of Empyrean!

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! Join The Capital City of Empyrean!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  avotas 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

avotas

The capital city of Empyrean emphasizes creative architecture, though sometimes includes a slightly eccentric twist, and strives to become a cultural landmark on both on the server and off. As a citizen of Empyrean, you will enjoy the privileges that come with the Empyrean Alliance, including access to our item bank, mass transportation, and influx of visitors, and in addition gain access to extremely rare blocks and large scenic expansions of land to build upon.

Due to the nature of the city, and available resources, all builds require approval before construction starts. In addition all builders must follow these rules and guidelines.

1) All builds must contain at least 3 different kinds of materials on the exterior. This prevents “cobblestone, dirt, and wooden boxes” that were present on the old map.

Example #1: A cobblestone garden wall might include Cobblestone Block, Cobblestone Fence, and Gates.
    Example #2: A house might include Glass windows, Oak Lumber Walls, and White Wool accents.

2) All builds must be marked with the builder’s name.
    3) All builds must be completed in a reasonable amount of time. Please do not take 9 months to finish a simple house.

Failure to follow any of these rules will result official notice. If ignored in your build will be taken down, your items stored, and your land offered to someone else.

A complete map of the kingdom will be posted later this week.

Is the capital city not to your tastes? We have many other settlements as part of the Empyrean Alliance with wildly diverse themes and concepts. Just leave a post below and let one of the other leaders contract you.

Useful Threads:
    Join The Empyrean Alliance!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/join-the-empyrean-alliance-new-map/
    Join The Capital City of Empyrean!
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/the-capital-city-of-empyrean/
    New Empyrean Transit-The N.E.T
    http://videogamesawesome.com/forums/topic/empyrean-alliance-build-event-n-e-t/

Best Regards,
    Avotas

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  avotas.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  avotas.
Viewing 29 replies - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies

avotas

ZoneMap

These are the three zones of Empyrean City:

Pink: “Old Empyrean”
    * Fort Empyrean
    * Empyrean Commons (NPC village)

Red: “Embassy Islands”
    * Hosts embassies of our 11 nations.

Yellow: “Governmental District”
    * Hosts all of the governmental buildings, portal (if available) and transportation

You are permitted to build off the coastlines of Empyrean City with approval.

Before building please remember to follow all the Empyrean City rules and get approval before construction starts.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  avotas.

Nations? I thought we were all Municipalities under the State of New Empyrean? ;)

This looks awesome, though honestly I thought Empyrean was gonna be much bigger.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Its actually larger then the Old Empyrean … except it has less billable area do to the water. It just means we get to cram really good builds in the space instead of randomly dotted around the map. ^^

… and we do have expanshion room if needed. =)

nara

Addition to the Justitia Embassy ( which I need to come up for a design with) I would like to have a holiday house in the empyrean capital, because I don’t have a house in Justitia, yet and everything I have built there is community property. I want to build my appartment on top of the courtrooms, but I’m short on white stained clay.

avotas

@nara Hi Nara.

First off, don’t forget you are permitted to take whatever you need from the Fort Empyrean item bank. We have a single chest stuffed full of blocks of unstained clay and bonemeal to make as much white clay as you could reasonably need. If you want to mine clay yourself, we have enchanted helms and tools you can borrow as well.

Across from Fort Empyrean, across the broken/cobblestone road, I plan to build ‘Empyrean Commons’ a rustic village that will house NPCS. If you want to build a home, and you don’t mind conforming to the style of “rustic village” then you can build there. I personally plan to live there myself.

Let me know,
    Avotas

nara

@avotas the rustic village looks like a good plot. I still need to know how it’s going to look like.

I took some of your clay. The problem is it won’t be even close to enough. The rest I will have to look for for myself. Thank you guys for helping out =)

Maybe you can show me a plot or can you not build on it for now?

avotas

@nara My PC died. =( I’m rebuilding now but it might be a few days until I get online.

nara

Take your few days. I’m not in a hurry, since I got all the materials for my own appartment right now =).

We… kinda need to start building the Empyrean. If anyone has designs or plans for it, please share.

avotas

Empyrean Commons is next up, that’s the NPC/player village. Something kinda like this: http://youtu.be/Jfh0By-PgNU

It will be around Fort Empyrean. Other then that, there are no other plans. The palace is going to be last. If you have any idea’s let me know, pick a spot, and we will see if it gets approved.

If you want to get started on the village let me know, and I will mark off the build area.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  avotas.

avotas

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie, @sandoras @theimpossibleman and anyone else I forgot.

Hi Team,

I finally cleared the “Empyrean Commons” build site. This will feature a ‘Medieval Village Marketplace’ which will include NPC homes as well as Player Homes. If you want a home in Empyrean City, this is where you need to build.

The build area is defined by a cobblestone wall, do not remove the wall or build beyond it unless I give you permission first. The theme is “Medieval Village” for the exterior only. You can do what you wish on the inside.

If you need help, check out http://youtu.be/Jfh0By-PgNU for idea’s.

Build Site is at 2226,63,49 (X,Y,Z)

Good Luck!

Avotas

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  avotas.

avotas

@giammodified, @lordenigma, @hawky333, @barrenfigtree, @vatrix, @nara, @avotas, @jeirhart, @jimbojj26, @deadc00kie, @sandoras @theimpossibleman … also don’t forget you get an Embassy in Empyrean City if your apart of the EA. Also your free to build a house (see above)

-Avotas

@avotas – As soon as real life stops kicking me in the nuts, I’ll swing by to build a house, after I finish the Borough Line between The Barrens and Dungeons Ruins. I also want to build New Empyrean Transit Headquarters in New Empyrean. I want to make it a skyscraper if that is possible.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Human would you be interested in taking a floor in Penn Station? I don’t have anything special planned for the space.

@avotas – Human, I am not sure what I would add to Penn Station. I will have to look at the structure when it is finished.

avotas

@theimpossibleman Im an owl unless the skin server failed again. =)

If you want to build new, you can have space in the government district (yellow). Just give me a rundown on what you are building, what materials, and the approximate size.

Probably gonna be around 5 floors. It’s just gonna be glass with Stone brick frame and furniture. Similar to my Ender News Corp building in Boonton.

avotas

@theimpossibleman I would like to see you try for something more complex. The spirit of Empyrean City is in creative design, and something as grand as the NET should have an office worthy of that.

As soon as real life stops kicking me in the nuts, I’ll swing by to build a house, after I finish the Borough Line between The Barrens and Dungeons Ruins.

@theimpossibleman Have we gotten an answer on how the line is supposed to run through the Dungeon Ruins yet? I haven’t seen Lord Enigma around lately.

@barrenfigtree – Sorry, I haven’t contacted Lord Enigma yet, but I may have to pull rank on the N.E.T. and decide for myself which direction to take the last tunnel just to get the last leg of the Line over with. I hate to do that, but I want to get that finished so I can move on to some final stuff on the N.E.T. like cleaning the tunnels, deciding whether to run the Main Line to New Equestria, etc. Again sorry for the delay.

@theimpossibleman It’s cool. Let me know what you decide and I’ll try to help out where I can.

@barrenfigtree – As soon as I know what day I can get back on MC, I’ll give you a heads up, and don’t worry if you can’t make it on, I’ll get as much of the tunnel done as time allows me.

avotas

Hey,

On the otherside of Empyrean Bridge near waypoint e6 is our community board. Add your name if your a resident of our fair city!

@avotas – I was thinking of making Empyrean Island off Hillside its own community. I figure if I do that, we can minimize the risk of people getting on the island and messing with the stuff. Perhaps from there we could work together to make it an NPC village on the far side of the island. What do you think?

avotas

@theimpossibleman I’m not sure if it will be needed honestly. I already broke ground on the City of Empyrean village, Justita has one already established, and so does Jeirhart. From the security standpoint, signs are normally enough. If someone breaks the rules, the mods can undo the damage with a localized rollback so I am not too worried about it.

-Avotas

avotas

Update:

Empyrean Village is being built (slowly) but we already have our very own Mooshroom in one of the NPC storefronts. Special thanks goes to @theimpossibleman for building the NET out to Empyrean Island.

-Avotas

avotas

Hi guys and gals! The Sheek Sheep is open in Empyrean Commons just outside Fort Empyrean.

What is the Sheek Sheep? It’s a wool farm with 12 subterranean levels of sheep pins. Each pin has 4 sheep, and each level has their own colored animal.

Why is it underground? Sheep are noisy, and giant sheep farms are ugly. I am against loud and ugly. ^^

What about chickens / cows / pigs?! I’m going to make sure the sheep don’t despawn first. When Fort Empyrean was built we had a full stock of critters, and all of them lagged through the floor and died / despawned. If all is good I will build (or someone else can) a “everything else” animal pin.

-Avotas

avotas

Our village has expanded quiet a bit! In addition to private homes, we also have a finished butcher shop (and animal pen), a clothing store (with colored sheep), a library with villagers who will sell Feather Falling II and Fire Aspect books fairly cheaply (8 and 14 emeralds respectfully), a armor smith selling diamond tools and armor, and a bunch of enchanters to make everything magical. I also corrected the villager spawning area to avoid them opening/closing doors and reduced their numbers.

-Avotas

avotas

So here are the points of concern …

Lighting: There were a few areas that needed some torching, this is an easy fix so you’ll be able to get some points for that.
    Paths: We found that there are some builds that didn’t have any paths, or incomplete pathing. Again, this can be fixed easily for some points.
    Community Activity: It seems that work on the empyrean seems a bit slow and not as active as it once was when it started. I suggest getting together with your community members every once in a while to improve some of the features of your community.
    Blemish-Free builds: Most of the area is clear, nothing seems to be cluttered other than the open farmland (Which doesn’t look like part of the design). Maybe build a farm house for your farms, or fence off the area to make it look like its part of the community. This will be able to get you some points.
    Design/Creativity: There were a lot of impressive builds, but there were a few that we saw that were unfinished. For a capital, it is missing some more unique structures. I suggest making some more unique buildings and finishing some of the WIP builds.
    Effort/Skills: Takes a lot of skill building these huge castles and buildings, but a lot of the effort is spent on terraforming then building. I’d like to see a few more complete builds.

Got a suggestion on how to fix any of this? Post here and get approval before you build.

Viewing 29 replies - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.