The Empyrean – Now recruiting

Home Forums Minecraft AWESOME! The Empyrean – Now recruiting

This topic contains 117 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  soghog 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

soghog

The Empyrean is a new community being built to support the new Magic system in Minecraft 1.0.0. We will provide all the resources, mob farms, xp farms, and facilities you will need all in one place, while providing a scenic city to live in.

The set-up will be simple; The city is divided in two by a river. On one side of the river, you’re free to build whatever you like without needing approval, though it helps if you let me know ahead of time if it’s big and you need space for it; I’ll do my best to find you a spot. But on the other side of the river, the city will focus on magic resources (potions, enchantments, etc) and stylistic architecture. If you’d like to build something on this side of the river, submitting a simple plan/ design for what you have in mind will suffice.

During RPG month, we’ll be building up as much as possible, founding and setting up basic living quarters and farms. This is Phase 1 of our town:

After RPG month, I will carry over everything I have to the community chest so we can really build up the city. Here’s a plan for the central district that will serve as the main hub to the city, with all the important buildings. They are The Academy, where all magical rpoduction takes place, The Fight Pit, a gladiatorial Arena and XP farm, and the Armory, where we store and sell potions and enchanted equipment:

Some plans for the interiors of buildings:

And finally, a tentative design for The Academy:

As an incentive for joining, I will give each new resident one free cake; And for anyone who donates diamonds to our community portal, I will reimburse you fully after RPG month, plus two stacks of cobblestone per diamond donated.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  soghog.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Replies

zejanis

what are the coordinates of this city?

w1nker90

hi
    i would like to join your community.
    it sounds really interessting and could be a lot of fun.

soghog

I don’t have coordinates yet, I’m still scouting.

apolllo

soghog:
    I don’t have coordinates yet, I’m still scouting.

I will totally join you man. If you have an abundance of cobble, i will build you a gigaspawner. :D

vigantzky

Hey sog, I would like to join in.

dream

holy bejeezes this sounds like some fun I’d be happy to join.

soghog

I just found a tentative spot at coordinates x: 624, z:710

I’m checking with AssNemesis if he’s cool with us living there, but you can set up temporary homes if you’d like in the forest past the river.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  soghog.

soghog

I checked with assnemesis, he’s okay with us as his home is temporary. umJammerSully is already working on some farms, so a community mine will be the next priority

I’m still surveying the land, I’ll come back with an outline for how we’ll lay out the city.

kshade

Hey, I live in the mountains at 538 705, got a small farm and a single cow down by a lake too. You can use my mine if you want.

soghog

thanks kshade, I’ll share any more animals I find with you.

Okay, I’m converting my house into an Inn with multiple beds, so if you need to, it can serve as a temporary home. I’ll be terraforming the land around me so that we’ll have better access to the nearby lake and make room for our mine. For now, I recomend building you homes on the mountainous side of the river, as the plains side will likely be best for our larger buildings. UmJammer’s farms are far enough away that they shouldn’t interfere with town construction.

Anyone who is part of Empyrean can come help themselves to the melon crops at Empyrean Farms @516, 900. Take from the chests in front of the crops or take some of the growing ones.

All I ask is that you don’t touch the animals or wheat just yet. Sheep especially.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  umjammersully.

soghog

Hey folks, I thought I’d give an update; the area where I’ve set up camp is flat and ready now, and I’ve dug out a tunnel to the other side of the river. If you follow that way, you’ll see a nice big plain. That general area is also free-build, in case the area by the mountains isn’t big enough. The Rest of the lake and the plains beyond the river where Sully’s farm is will be reserved for the Central District. I’ll be figuring out the borders for the portal and Academy, but outside of that, You’ll be able to make your own awesome builds when its available.

soghog

SO I’ve been looking around and I’ve put together a list of things we’ll still need to get the community off the ground;

*Complete Farms
    -Mushrooms
    -Cows
    -Chickens
    -Pigs
    -cactus
    *Fix Nether Portal; currently it is linked to Spawn City’s Nether portal.
    -Add Nether Farm
    *Finish Mine
    *Torch and Terraform Building Area
    *Mob Farm – Still doing research, anyone who has experience in this is welcome to help.

I’m still surveying the build area (Lag spikes keep me from being on as much as I’d like) and I’ll come back with a rough map of the area.

truecolors05

I want in this town.

w1nker90

@truecolors05 @vigantzky @apolllo @dream
    If you wanna join just come by and ask @soghog (or me if he isn´t on) if you´re not sure where exactly you can build your house.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  w1nker90.

soghog

Okay, I’ve finally fixed the Nether portal, and I’ve set up a community wart farm. I recommend you either afk there or bring something to do, as it takes a while to grow. I’ve also found enough materials for a brewing stand and enchantgin table, but I want to hold off a bit on setting them up until our resource farms are complete.

Also, I think I may have found a few locations for The Academny. One is right by the river, though its virtually on top of dream’s house. If he doesn’t mind moving (technically, it is outside the free-build area, after all. I can even provide more materials through the community chest), we could put it there for a nice scenic view.

dream

That’s abosolutly fine it’s basically a slightly less temporary crapshack, I’m stll not completly sure about where the build location is so I’ll happily move somwhere less obtrusive and I’d like to get started making the wall if you’d show me where we’ll be building roughly.

I’m planning on making it out of obsidian with runes in it picked out by glass with lava behind it, this will obviously be pretty labour intensive in terms of gathering obsidian but I think it’ll be worth it in the end. Though if this doesn’t fit with you plans just say and I’ll see if there’s someting else I could be doing.

soghog

I’m glad you’re okay with moving dream, but just remember, It’s a possible location. Besides, you’ll probably find more space to build on the other side of the lake. If you need obsidian, I’ve got some stored away, as well as I’m clearing some out from the community mine. If you’d prefer to bucket it out, you’ll notice there’s a room beneath the main workshop where you can just place lava there and then drop water from the ceiling. Let me know if you have any more questions.

soghog

Hey guys, I was wondering if you might want to be part of the Christmas Build as a way to help build our town’s prestige. Now I know we’re still under development, but our main resource centers should be fine for now, and I think we’ll be able to make it if we do something simple. I propose The Island of Misfit Toys from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964), as it’s pretty self-contained and all we’d really need is lots of wool, which shouldn’t be a problem with Sully’s farm for what I have in mind.

If you have any questions, alternative ideas, or just think we should focus on the town, let me know.

w1nker90

Hi
    Well if you think we could do it I would be up for it.
    I don´t think I have watched this movie but that´s something I can easily catch up.

jscorps816

I’d love to join your community :)if thats fine, Im pretty much a workhorse/horder when it comes to Minecraft if you need someone to just get cobble and harvest trees.

(just so you know.. my minecraft id is jaymorris88 kind of conflicts with this name)

soghog

that’s great JScorps, in fact a workhorse is what we need right now for Christmas.

Everyone who wants to help, I’ll be doing a lot of work at Sully’s Farm stockpiling wool. I’d like to lay down some ground rules:

1. Always leave at least two of a color sheep.
    2. Kill sheared sheep to keep the population down.
    3. Breed sheep of the same color
    4. If we’re short a color, you may use the dye on an extra sheep, or if there’s one sheep, try breeding it with a similar color.
    5. Do NOT breed too many sheep
    6. Place collected dye in the chest outside the sheep pen, or if for whatever reason digilock blocks you, place it in the community chest inside the Inn.

EDIT: Disregard. Read below.

soghog

Sorry about that, Sully. I guess I assumed you were okay with others coming in since it was a community build. I can’t guarantee that I’ll be around enough to collect wool, especially since my Internet router has been crap lately and likely needs replacing. Is there some way we can work it out? I know you need some wool for yourself for other builds, but how are we going to divide it?

soghog:
    Sorry about that, Sully. I guess I assumed you were okay with others coming in since it was a community build. I can’t guarantee that I’ll be around enough to collect wool, especially since my Internet router has been crap lately and likely needs replacing. Is there some way we can work it out? I know you need some wool for yourself for other builds, but how are we going to divide it?

Probably my own fault for not thinking about the “role” of the farm, initially it wasn’t even part of Empyrean but as it was so close I thought it would make sense to integrate. Maybe we should make another farm that anyone in the community can come in and use? I would just give away this farm and move elsewhere myself but I’ve spent many hours terraforming the place and building my house. I’m happy to help build a second farm though.

Considering how essential food is now, really everyone needs their own farmland. Even if it’s only small. I realise now that there’s no way I can be supplying the food for every person in Empyrean. I know it doesn’t take that long to harvest/replant but that would still be like working a job…In a game…

EDIT: Perhaps the second community farm could just be a wool farm? With regards to stuff like pumpkins, sugar cane, mushrooms, melons and cactus, I can donate all of those things to community storage.

soghog

Yeah, aside from wool, the farm you have now is pretty much more than you’d need for yourself. Having another sheep farm might be worthwhile. As for food, me and w1nker have been maintaining our own melon farms, and I’ve been regularly depositing into the community chest, so that won’t be an immediate problem.

Setting up another farm would probably be best, but we’re a bit short on time for the christmas build. I’m just wondering what we can do now to make sure everyone has all the wool they need. I’m not going to need huge amounts, the builds I have in mind are relatively small. Perhaps the best we can do for now is sheep farm nonstop this week and build week.

So, everyone else, until we can work out the wool situation, I guess I’ll remain the only other guy in the farm. What the rest of you can do is maybe work on designs for the toys, maybe collect stone and snow for the castle. And if you have your own wool or redstone supplies, any contributions will be welcome.

OK, as we’re low on time like you say, everyone in the community is free to use the farm until the end of christmas build.

Here are the slightly modified rules of what Sog posted:

1. Always leave at least two of a color sheep.
    2. Kill sheared sheep to keep the population down. Don’t want the sheep room to be a fustercluck.
    3. Try to breed sheep of the same color. If it can’t be helped, don’t worry.
    4. If we’re short a color, you may use the dye on an extra sheep, or if there’s one sheep, try breeding it with a similar color.
    5. Place collected dye in the chest outside the sheep pen, or if for whatever reason digilock blocks you, place it in the community chest inside the Inn.

Added rules:

6. If you want to take any wool, you need to help breed/shear the sheep.
    7. If we have 20 or less of a specific colour of wool, please do not take it.

soghog

Thank you sully, that should do for now. And to reassure everyone, once RPG month is over, the Community chest will recieve a major boost. That includes wool that you can use, Sully. I’ve also been working on the main square for The Empyrean; the Portal will be placed inside a modified version of this gateway, and I’ll come up with a proposed size for the Academy and see if it’ll be large enough to suit our needs.

Also, I’m working on a way to price enchanted equipment and potions based on levels and benefits, but I’d like to bring in a more economic person to help me fix prices.

soghog:
    Thank you sully, that should do for now. And to reassure everyone, once RPG month is over, the Community chest will recieve a major boost. That includes wool that you can use, Sully. I’ve also been working on the main square for The Empyrean; the Portal will be placed inside a modified version of this gateway, and I’ll come up with a proposed size for the Academy and see if it’ll be large enough to suit our needs.

o hay, that’s made by the same user who did the wicked Kingdom of Acadia build I linked. :D

That gate is so badass. More than happy to help build that.

soghog:
    Also, I’m working on a way to price enchanted equipment and potions based on levels and benefits, but I’d like to bring in a more economic person to help me fix prices.

I can help there too. Got a lot of experience dealing with economy in various games. We’ll probably want to charge the same ingredients used in the item plus extra. For example:

Diamond Pickaxe w/ efficency I: 3 diamonds +10 gold.

Diamonds Pickaxe w/ efficency II: 3 diamonds +25 gold.

Diamond pickaxe w/ efficency III: 5 diamonds.

Something along those lines anyway.

dream

I may have once again misunderstood where/what building can be done so i’ve made an outline on a hill in the plane of where i would like to build a tower, hopefully it should be a really nice tower made out of obsidian with coolness, before I take it down would you mind taking a look at it and seeing if you’re okay with it. If you need to also feel free to destroy it as it’s just outlined in dirt.

*EDIT* I would also be happy to build a gate that badass.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  dream.
Viewing 30 replies - 1 through 30 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.