The Ultimate VGM Thread

Home Forums Video Gaming! The Ultimate VGM Thread

This topic contains 119 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  mutant1988 4 years ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Post your favorite VGM here, and whenever you want to listen to some eye-popping ear candy, just search for this post

EDIT – New Rule: Posts are only allowed to have up to 3 videos per post.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  .
Viewing 30 replies - 61 through 90 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I’m so happy that Mega Man 9 exists.

Dwarf

Here’s some more, just recently remembered this game:

Also, @kikyoku, you made me start getting those Skyrim vibes again. God damn it, I already have 1000 hours into that game, why did you do this to me?!?

kikyoku

@dwarf You can check out whenever you want, but you can never leave. :P

Now, to keep this post on topic, and because this song gives me real, actual chills

Sounds like it can be in a chase scene for an upcoming Disney movie.

Jake Kaufman is a god of VGM.

BTW Guys, if you ever wanna discover amazing VGM that you’ve never heard before, check out SupraDarky on YouTube. He uploads awesome VGM everyday, and half of the songs he posts, you probably never heard yet! Check him out!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  .

Dwarf

Here’s some more, hope you enjoy. Also, nara got me thinking of guild wars, so this’ll be a bit of a double post.

Here’s one I listen to once in awhile

Growing up with seemingly stupid licensed games wasn’t all that bad. Considering what games like this have to offer at least.

Dwarf

I’ve always never been the biggest fan of Dark Souls music, I always felt the boss music was way too over the top/melodramatic. However, I did like this:

Gingy

I really can’t choose tbh, I rarely have a favourite anything, just stuff I love so much that I remember them. And 95% of the time they’re only as great as they are thanks to the context in which you hear them.

This is the theme music that plays when you are about to tear apart a frightened enemy army in one specific level…

This is the theme music that plays when there is an epic half hour long fight against the final final boss of final bosses…

Ah Lionhead, you genius bastards. ;)

Dwarf

In my opinion, this is probably the best song in the whole Metroid Prime OST.

Dwarf

I got more. This game was simply amazing, 2011 was a great gaming year…

gazrielv

Ever tried listening to music 8 times slower? This link has it with a Donkey kong country 2 song.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  . Reason: Too dumb to imbed the video

Dwarf

@gazrielv, wow, that was haunting. I was not expecting that. Well, Inception did that too, so I shouldn’t be too surprised. Also, just remembered this one:

@gazrielv Dem chills doe.

In other news, at least seven people were sent to the hospital due to an overdose of awesome after listening to this.

Dwarf

Despite the lack of interactivity, and that BS true ending DLC, this game was absolutely amazing.

JRPGs are weird.

Dwarf

Remembered some more.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Dwarf. Reason: Remembered my other favorite song from Portal 2

KOTOR, the bestest-est BioWare game in existence (Please don’t kill me.)

smashmaniac

Manly tears incoming.

Getting some Wind Waker vibes from this one. I know, this game came first, but I only finished it after Wind Waker, so that game’s soundtrack would always come to mind.

fond3ll

Not the best of the Assassin’s Creed games, but gosh darn, this song’s been stuck in my head for a while now…

damauci

Where to start, where to start?

smashmaniac

Chrono Trigger is great, and its SNES sequel deserves more love.

One of my new hobbies is to dig deep into the bargain bin of my local Gamestop (which is filled with new games everyday!) and see if I can find something worthwhile. I’m honestly surprised I saw this game inside.

Let’s kick this up Old School with a few of my favorites from back in da days.

smashmaniac

Time for more Japanese-only goodness with Rhythm Tengoku:

The worst feeling in the world… is when you know there isn’t enough time to save it.

Viewing 30 replies - 61 through 90 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.